On GoS: HP59 - Undercover Operations | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On GoS: HP59 - Undercover Operations

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Ian. just looking at things from a point of view of lets say the man on the clapham omnibus...in those photos the contractors are still laying screed and building walls. Internal fittings and fixtures optimistically will take three months, lets say September ,October and November...so everything else has to be finished by August....loved to be proved wrong....

Oct 31, 2015
rsp4":2xbovlu2 said:
Excellent. Off to the laptop to look at progress :clap:

Brilliant set of photos. Once again thank you to taking the time.

GOS will have a very good record here :nworthy:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
German Shepherd":2d1oltaj said:
I'm sorry Bob but to miss the fixing of the ridge flashings is simply not good enough !
They start work far too early. :)

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Great pictures as usual. Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere, but why does the roof fall so far short of covering the lower seats, was it structurally impossible/too expensive or what?

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Wow, what a set that was!

Steve, I think the low sloping roof is the College swimming pool building. I spent many an evening and early morning there when my daughter was part of the Leander club.

tonsk

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
oddball":3dwckqv3 said:
Ian. just looking at things from a point of view of lets say the man on the clapham omnibus...in those photos the contractors are still laying screed and building walls. Internal fittings and fixtures optimistically will take three months, lets say September ,October and November...so everything else has to be finished by August....loved to be proved wrong....

Once the core building work is done and signed off you'll be amazed at how quickly the furnishing and operational side of it happens. I'm involved with pub new openings and it's the building work that takes by far the longest. From builders finishing to soft opening can be only 2 weeks! The latest project was a £4million job and we opened this weekend. 3 weeks ago if you had have seen the state of the place and we told you that we would be serving 400+ a la carte Sunday lunches you would have laughed at the ludicrous suggestion! (We did :greensmile: )
Yes I know, opening a football club grandstand and a pub is a million miles apart but the essence of project management involving public areas for service remains the same.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
oddball":2iol2j6g said:
Good set of photos yet again..... however I can't envisage the grandstand being ready to hold corporate match day lunches and so forth this side of Christmas...not from what I am looking at this afternoon....
Will you stop it with the negative vibes man!

Mar 23, 2019
Does anyone else think that it looks very much like the old grandstand? I'm slightly underwhelmed to be honest.

Also, why is there a window that over looks the pitch in the supporters bar? If theres any plan for the corner fill ins then surely that view would just look onto the back of a stand?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Action Jackson":3tpk0pl4 said:
Does anyone else think that it looks very much like the old grandstand? I'm slightly underwhelmed to be honest.

Also, why is there a window that over looks the pitch in the supporters bar? If theres any plan for the corner fill ins then surely that view would just look onto the back of a stand?

The last three pics in the set show how massively different the new stand looks, though after all it IS the same basic structure as the old one so of course it will look sort of similar. Though I don’t know how anyone can say these pics look ‘very’ much similar...

www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photos.asp?vie ... oad=pic118

And re the window in the supporters bar, yes the plans are to fill in the corners but why wouldn’t you want to make the best use of the view while you have it?

Apr 30, 2011
Biggs":8bxfd4rl said:
Action Jackson":8bxfd4rl said:

The last three pics in the set show how massively different the new stand looks, though after all it IS the same basic structure as the old one so of course it will look sort of similar. Though I don’t know how anyone can say these pics look ‘very’ much similar...

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photos. ... oad=pic118

And re the window in the supporters bar, yes the plans are to fill in the corners but why wouldn’t you want to make the best use of the view while you have it?

I think with the new seats in it will look significantly different and much improved. Remember how much better (IMO) it looked for the Liverpool game just by adding vaguely green seats. As for the corners, I'd be amazed if they ever get done. The price per seat would be much more than the work that has been undertaken so far. It would only make business sense if we were selling out for every game over the course of a few seasons, which I think would only happen with a sustained spell in the Premier League. Which is a fair way off from where we are now.

Mar 23, 2019
Penmaster":1lwqrwpv said:
Biggs":1lwqrwpv said:
Action Jackson":1lwqrwpv said:

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photos. ... oad=pic118

I think with the new seats in it will look significantly different and much improved. Remember how much better (IMO) it looked for the Liverpool game just by adding vaguely green seats. As for the corners, I'd be amazed if they ever get done. The price per seat would be much more than the work that has been undertaken so far. It would only make business sense if we were selling out for every game over the course of a few seasons, which I think would only happen with a sustained spell in the Premier League. Which is a fair way off from where we are now.

Dont get me wrong, i think it's a great improvement and like you said, it will be great to see people back in the lower part of the Mayflower, however i just dont think it looks that grand now the roof has been put on.