On GoS: HP59 - Undercover Operations | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On GoS: HP59 - Undercover Operations

Jul 7, 2005
I spoke briefly yesterday with a contractor working up there, and he said the cream seats were being sent back as they are not what was ordered, and they would be replaced with white ones.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
But it IS a massive visual difference :lol:

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Who want's symmetry its boring. Some of the best grounds are far from symmetrical.

That said not many will buy tickets in the changing room end of the lower tier. But lets be realistic there is probably 1 game a season if that that these seats will be needed.

Some one also said earlier that they think there is still a long way to go. I disagree. I've been on many a project where they say we are finishing next week or tomorrow and you laugh, but low and behold they do.

You have to look closely at the GoS photos, but they are not far off boarding out and first fix in side. On the outside the cladding rails are almost now in place. Remember they are only handing over a shell unit before separate shop fitters come in to fit out.

Mark Pedlar":wctk0425 said:
Think that you're both missing what each other are saying.

HC - AJ is saying that as far as supporters are concerned and visibility the revamped stand doesn't offer much. He doesn't see that the money has been spent wisely and is inferring that new supporters won't be drawn to the stand per se.

AJ- HC is saying that what is going on under, or as part of the revamped stand, is far more important than the capacity and how the stand differs visually. He is saying that the facilities are such an upgrade that it will attract players (and some supporters) and therefore will attract supporters.

I think you're both right. The new stand will not be the panacea for attracting a horde of new fans (personally I don't think filling in the corners will either but hey) - but if players believe that they will have good facilities available to them it MAY make a difference in their decisions to commit to sign for or stay at the club.

Exciting, winning, football will bring the crowds in. The facilities needed the upgrade but from a fans perspective it's a big improvement on what was there but not a massive one visually.

This post is so accurate it should be a sticky for all future stand discussions. Why do so many deny the truth of the old adage ‘put people in important surroundings and they will feel more important’.

The impact of surroundings on motivation and performance is well documented. In my case when II moved here in 1983 I joined a company based in what was virtually a large shed close to Exeter city centre. I kept customers away from the site, as it would lower their opinion of us, and potential recruits had to be carefully prepared to avoid gaining the wrong impression of what we were about.

You need some luck in business, and by 1996 our site was suddenly valuable enough to move to a 3 acre site and new factory on Sowton. Inside was the same production equipment, same employees and same customer base, but overnight the business was transformed. Customers beat a path to our door, employees were so proud of their surroundings they organised family days to show off their working environment, and the quality of our recruitment improved beyond recognition. Within three years the company had doubled sales and profits.

I’m convinced that in ten years we will look back and see the true worth of the stand development in terms of league position, crowd size and confidence in our long term future as a club.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
IJN":wa0u56kk said:
up_the_line":wa0u56kk said:
As GOS says in the final picture of this set, I can't see many people wanting to use the lower Mayflower east section nearest the barn park. That's a soaking waiting to happen, actually worse if your sat down rather than stood up.
Still doesn't sit right with me that there's no long term plan to extend the upper tier to provide symmetry, extra capacity and coverage for the lower tier at that end. It leaves it looking a bit hotch-potch still. Even the ends of the roof structure are different with one end angular (Devonport) and the other straight up (Barn Park).

I think you're right in a way BUT it would almost be 'wasted' money in so much as it's not necessary is it?

Plus, you never know, the off centre look about it, when all finished could be quirky enough to be cool. I'm into straight lines and symmetry but sometimes, it's good to be slightly off with design. Let's face it, Pisa was a fluke, but it's a nice fluke. :greensmile:

I cant think of many symmetrical grounds amongst my favourites. Fratton park. Selhurst Park. Villa Park etc. All have stands of different sizes and designs. The most symmetrical are my least favourite. Ricoh. Pride Park. Wembley. I prefer character and a distinctive look. I think we will have that, and people won’t come and say that Home Park is another anonymous bowl. I’m not worried about the Barn Park corner as the excellent new supporters bar looms out from beyond it. Long may its inhabitants have that smashing view of the pitch I say.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
And Home Park will still be one of the most symmetrical grounds out there.

A perfectly symmetrical modern bowl with a retromodern double decker grandstand as the centrepiece (with one small bit ‘missing’), that’s basically the aesthetic dream for football ground purists/nerds.

Oct 31, 2015
Just looked at the webcam for progress and noticed the original wooden dug outs have been placed in position.

Surely not using those are they?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
rsp4":3crmkqnp said:
Just looked at the webcam for progress and noticed the original wooden dug outs have been placed in position.

The terrace won't be available until the end of the year so they have to use the current ones.

Edited: Just realised, are you talking about the previous dug outs?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
rsp4":1zdhls03 said:

I can’t see anything has changed at all, those dugouts have been there in that position throughout the whole development process. What am I missing?

Oct 31, 2015
Biggs":qa7x5spw said:
rsp4":qa7x5spw said:

I can’t see anything has changed at all, those dugouts have been there in that position throughout the whole development process. What am I missing?
Oh yea your right. My mistake.

Cheers

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada