On GoS: HP74 - The Mayflower Returns | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On GoS: HP74 - The Mayflower Returns

Jan 27, 2012
I think it would look nicer if all the seats were the same colour. That white lettering looks a bit naff.

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
i think it looks good and sooo much better then was there before. as for the lettering, once the fence is removed it will look fine. I am thankful that we have a owner who has put money into the club, now we just need to move up the leagues

May 28, 2019
watching the match tonight man u v arsenal it was pouring with rain, and the front several rows of people were getting soaked or had see through poncho coats on,i really do not see what people want at argyle , if you do not want to get wet, do not sit there, simples! im sure people drip (pardon the pun) and moan about anything they can

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
greybeard-kernow":dfji1zmj said:
watching the match tonight man u v arsenal it was pouring with rain, and the front several rows of people were getting soaked or had see through poncho coats on,i really do not see what people want at argyle , if you do not want to get wet, do not sit there, simples! im sure people drip (pardon the pun) and moan about anything they can

I’m not dripping or moaning, rather making the point that it won’t or shouldn’t deter anyone from sitting there.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
greybeard-kernow":390ee9cl said:

Ain't that just the truth g-k!

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Thanks guys.

I hope all the internal white paint is a base coat for Argyle Green.

The perimeter fencing does not seem high enough to deter intruders.

Jul 12, 2016
I cannot get over excited about any of the criticisms regarding the seating ,lettering etc. What happens on the pitch is of far more concern.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
daront":3brm8ehc said:
i think it looks good and sooo much better then was there before. as for the lettering, once the fence is removed it will look fine. I am thankful that we have a owner who has put money into the club, now we just need to move up the leagues
I agree it will look fine once it is finished and the fencing is removed but a few queries: When it's finished will the front seats and dug outs be a lot further from the pitch than currently? Will the tarmaced road stay as tarmac or be covered with artificial grass that can be rolled back? Will the pitch be made wider when all the fencing is removed so it is not so far to the seats?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
jerryatricjanner":203yzgcb said:
When it's finished will the front seats and dug outs be a lot further from the pitch than currently? Will the tarmaced road stay as tarmac or be covered with artificial grass that can be rolled back? Will the pitch be made wider when all the fencing is removed so it is not so far to the seats?

Jon B told us on here that the fencing will be the same distance from the seats as it is in the horseshoe. My understanding from GoS is that the tarmac is there for access and for people to walk on inside the fencing.

The pitch is restricted by the concrete edging which is normally covered in astroturf, which is currently behind the temporary fence, so the pitch will effectively be wider than currently, but only as wide as it was before the work started.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
jerryatricjanner":6jv97ra5 said:
Will the pitch be made wider when all the fencing is removed so it is not so far to the seats?
I think the intention is to make the pitch wider but only on the Grandstand side so that Mayor and McFadzean have a bit more space to play when we are attacking the Devonport End.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Then in the 2nd half they realign the pitch so it's wider on the Lyndhurst side, of course it could be visa versa depending on which way they play in the first half. :coat: :coat: :coat:

May 26, 2015
As i have said on many occasions, we certainly need to restore the width of the white lines to the dimensions which existed before that clown Adams narrowed the pitch. There is also far too much wastage of space on the Lyndhurst side. Get the fans close to the pitch to further improve atmosphere and, even more importantly, to give Mayor and Fadz more space to work with.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
RochdaleGreen":19t9neqm said:
As i have said on many occasions, we certainly need to restore the width of the white lines to the dimensions which existed before that clown Adams narrowed the pitch. There is also far too much wastage of space on the Lyndhurst side. Get the fans close to the pitch to further improve atmosphere and, even more importantly, to give Mayor and Fadz more space to work with.

I don't think they are allowed to alter the dimensions mid season.