Only 2 teams may be relegated from League 1 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Only 2 teams may be relegated from League 1

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
The difference between league 1 and 2 is though is that league 1 needs an additional team which would then mean league 2 needs an additional team
Therefore you could relegate 2 and promote 3
And also leave stevenage and only promote Barrow

National league has effectively been voided as there are no play offs planned meaning only the champions elect get promoted and stevenage get the reprieve
This scenario would require either top 3 league 2 to go up or 7th place in the play offs to lose a place and argyle to drop into the play offs
I think that is changing the integrity of the competition tbh

I think the reason league 2 thinks no relegation is because the national league have finished and have no option for play offs therefore its fairer to promote only the champions which I sort of understand

Mar 29, 2020
I think your right....Barrow will definitely get promotion but they have to wait for League 1 to sort itself out....which at the moment is a complete joke....Sunderland have also played 2 more games than Wycombe and 1 more than the rest of them so Sunderland shouldnā€™t have no say in it really....but big club syndrome again.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Kersie":1p4yx9q2 said:
I think your right....Barrow will definitely get promotion but they have to wait for League 1 to sort itself out....which at the moment is a complete joke....Sunderland have also played 2 more games than Wycombe and 1 more than the rest of them so Sunderland shouldnā€™t have no say in it really....but big club syndrome again.

I understand Sunderland's Woes, they haven't been able to get out of league 1 with twice the fans of anyone else and parachute payments, could be a difficult road back for them. This is why parachute payments should be forgone as soon as a team drops from championship to League 1.

The money is supposed to cover contracts signed in premier league, if clubs weren't paying stupid fees there would be no need to sign players on more than a 2 year contract as their would be no financial loss to the clubs

Sep 6, 2006
Devongreenowl":2biustli said:
up_the_line":2biustli said:
Devongreenowl":2biustli said:
Hotel for 40 at say Ā£100 each is 4K. Coach hire etc say another couple of grand (Iā€™m guessing there).

1000 Argyle fans paying Ā£20 each = 20k, plus refreshments, programmes etc at the ground.

I dont think itā€™s a money thing. Itā€™s just whether theyā€™d rather not come all the way down here. Anyway, I donā€™t think it will come to that. We might as well all stop the conjecture and what ifs and wait for the EFL decision. In the EFL we trust :funny: :funny:

Again, what if its zero Argyle fans?

True. But when did that last happen?

Erm last time there was a pandemic!

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
An interesting update on Peterboroughā€™s position this morning from Barry Fry, their Director of Football.

Null and void the season is not an option.

Their main beef is that they want ppg to be weighted, not just simple ppg. They donā€™t make the top 6 on the second option.

They are prepared to see Coventry get automatic promotion but not Rotherham, as they are only 2 points ahead with the same number of games played. Apparently, the EFL were talking about both Coventry and Rotherham getting automatic.

If itā€™s only Coventry who go up automatically, I suppose the implication is that 2 other clubs go up from the mini-League involving up to 8 teams which their Chairman hinted at last week.

But more significantly for Argyle, Barry Fry believes that there SHOULD be relegation from League 1 and didnā€™t agree with what League 2 did with Stevenage. He says, ā€œ... there is no sporting merit in thatā€.

Good for him, but I doubt Peterborough will get Tranmereā€™s vote for the weighted ppg option.

Sep 6, 2006
demportdave":3jl5cpkz said:
An interesting update on Peterboroughā€™s position this morning from Barry Fry, their Director of Football.

Null and void the season is not an option.

Their main beef is that they want ppg to be weighted, not just simple ppg. They donā€™t make the top 6 on the second option.

They are prepared to see Coventry get automatic promotion but not Rotherham, as they are only 2 points ahead with the same number of games played. Apparently, the EFL were talking about both Coventry and Rotherham getting automatic.

If itā€™s only Coventry who go up automatically, I suppose the implication is that 2 other clubs go up from the mini-League involving up to 8 teams which their Chairman hinted at last week.

But more significantly for Argyle, Barry Fry believes that there SHOULD be relegation from League 1 and didnā€™t agree with what League 2 did with Stevenage. He says, ā€œ... there is no sporting merit in thatā€.

Good for him, but I doubt Peterborough will get Tranmereā€™s vote for the weighted ppg option.

Tranmere is a tricky one. Guess they could agree with a play offs with the Wombles? Have no sympathy with Stevenage. They clearly deserve to go down. Most seasons it would be 2 down anyway.