Oscar Threlkeld released (signs for Salford) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oscar Threlkeld released (signs for Salford)

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Totally depends on the managers preferred formation for me.

If he wants a high energy hard working wing back then he has something to offer

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Voice_of_Reason":3j96bzq6 said:
Totally depends on the managers preferred formation for me.

If he wants a high energy hard working wing back then he has something to offer

Totally agree. Oscar is a good player, certainly good enough for L2 and he offers versatility, I’d sign him up.

Jul 13, 2006
He looked a bit ring rusty to me, like someone who hadn't been playing regularly- as he hadn't!

Jan 27, 2012
Very good player when match fit (which he wasn’t last season). Argyle should offer him a deal if the new manager approves. Maybe a deal was already agreed by Adams during the season? When on form he is a top League One player with potential to go higher.

Oct 31, 2015
He won't be coming here for a 4th time now DA has gone.

Riley will the the 1st team RB until.he gets injured

C

Cult Of Personality

Ozzie was not match fit for his time down here. Also came back into a struggling side. Think if we did sign him and give him proper pre season he would be alright again

Apr 30, 2011
Wages would be the only barrier to signing him for me.

We are a L2 team and if people think we are seriously going to sign more proven players than Oscar then they must be drinking stronger cider than me!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
An absolute no brainer for a one year deal in my opinion. When fully fit and in form he’d comfortably be one of the best full backs in League Two.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I am a great believer in the shorter contracts that Sheridan used to great affect. Give them 6 months and the decent ones strive every week to try and get a further short deal. Those that don't measure up we can release and save at least 6 months wages. It doesn't seem Oscar tore up too many trees when he returned last season so let's take a 50% chance on him with a view to extending if he recaptures the form he showed in the seasons prior to the last one.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
memory man":scwkj9n6 said:
I am a great believer in the shorter contracts that Sheridan used to great affect. Give them 6 months and the decent ones strive every week to try and get a further short deal. Those that don't measure up we can release and save at least 6 months wages. It doesn't seem Oscar tore up too many trees when he returned last season so let's take a 50% chance on him with a view to extending if he recaptures the form he showed in the seasons prior to the last one.
Not sure that this approach will allow us to sign quality players.

Threlkeld would be worth re-signing if he were genuinely motivated to play for our new manager, otherwise move on.