Parkway match day thread | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Parkway match day thread

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Mark Pedlar":3agwadb6 said:
Argyle-sy":3agwadb6 said:
I've been watching since half time, and other than some very jittery cam movements the stream has been fine, not went down once. Not sure why so many others of you are have been having issues.

Don't know what you were watching Sy but there has been nothing broadcast die to technical issues.

On the Youtube mate. So it might have been showing the first half again, I only put it on at about 2.10PM

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
twist of lime":3rk9yiwl said:
Argyle-sy":3rk9yiwl said:
I've been watching since half time, and other than some very jittery cam movements the stream has been fine, not went down once. Not sure why so many others of you are have been having issues.

You may be watching the 1st half stream...... :greensmile:

Seems that way yeah lol.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Full time. 2-1 to Argyle.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
PL2 3DQ":25s4o4k7 said:
Argyle-sy":25s4o4k7 said:

Which way were Argyle kicking? :)

Towards the Devonport mate.

Apr 1, 2009
Whilst those defending Argyle on the basis that this was free are correct, that's a dimwitted and short-sighted viewpoint.

It is very much in Argyle's interest to get fans used to watching games via a streaming service. ST holders may eventually get into home games, but POTD may not happen at all, and it's unlikely that away fans will see any live football this season. There's a need therefore to get everyone into the habit of watching streams, and some revenue there for the club. Here was the opportunity to provide a positive taster - an opportunity badly wasted.

I appreciate that this is not iFollow, but I doubt a single fan who tuned in today is relishing watching streamed games as a result of what they've seen. Very amateurish, and the swear words were indefensible. Surely Argyle gave it a trial run before taking the decision to provide this? If they couldn't do better, it shouldn't have been done at all.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argyle-sy":2pbazwgg said:
PL2 3DQ":2pbazwgg said:
Argyle-sy":2pbazwgg said:

Yep, you watched the first half. :)

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
PL2 3DQ":r9445p9x said:
Argyle-sy":r9445p9x said:
PL2 3DQ":r9445p9x said:
Argyle-sy":r9445p9x said:

Bleddy Argo then mate lol. Must admit I can see why many are complaining now, the video movement was incredibly jittery, but I am sure any bugs will be ironed out.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
xmastree":1luin8ou said:
Whilst those defending Argyle on the basis that this was free are correct, that's a dimwitted and short-sighted viewpoint.

It is very much in Argyle's interest to get fans used to watching games via a streaming service. ST holders may eventually get into home games, but POTD may not happen at all, and it's unlikely that away fans will see any live football this season. There's a need therefore to get everyone into the habit of watching streams, and some revenue there for the club. Here was the opportunity to provide a positive taster - an opportunity badly wasted.

I appreciate that this is not iFollow, but I doubt a single fan who tuned in today is relishing watching streamed games as a result of what they've seen. Very amateurish, and the swear words were indefensible. Surely Argyle gave it a trial run before taking the decision to provide this? If they couldn't do better, it shouldn't have been done at all.
:iagree:

Sloppy by the comms team. Perhaps they should have got Charlie to do it?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
That free farce was being videoed and sent from the TV gantry which is wired for live feeds to Sky, BT etc. and so should be easy to use. What we had (and didn't have) was much worse that was provided last pre-season from small grounds such a Truro, Parkway etc. where the connection had to be renewed every few minutes.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The media team have really improved over recent months under Dan Cole, hopefully today's live coverage was outsourced and not done in house so we won't use them again.
It's so disappointing after so long without football and for both sets of fans who tried to watch it, the streaming problems overshadowed the actual game.
A PR shambles.

From what I saw Randell, Aimson and Miller played well, overall it's just a fitness workout.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":tyr2dfsb said:
Argyle-sy":tyr2dfsb said:
PL2 3DQ":tyr2dfsb said:
Argyle-sy":tyr2dfsb said:

:lol: