Parkway match day thread | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Parkway match day thread

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Yep, you watched the first half. :)[/quote]

:lol:[/quote]

Come on Ponty, got to make allowances for me mate lol[/quote]

Still in Scotland mate?

Made me chuckle[/quote][/quote]

Crikey no mate, been back down South for 10 years now, just have a lot of health issues now so very difficult getting out and about at all. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Aug 5, 2005
argobenz":7jvmy185 said:
The score?

Five months and one day after their last outing at Home Park, Ryan Lowe’s Pilgrims eased to a 2-1 victory over Plymouth Parkway in their opening 20/21 warm-up fixture.

Although much has changed since the Greens’ 3-0 Sky Bet League Two victory over Macclesfield Town back in March, there was a reassuring familiarity about the way the Pilgrims shook off their lockdown rust, proving too strong for a spirited Parkway outfit in the process.

A fabulous strike from Academy prospect Charlie Miller cancelled out former Pilgrim River Allen’s excellent free-kick in the first-half, before Luke Jephcott’s clinical finish secured a home victory at an eerily quiet Theatre of Greens.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/august ... parkway-1/

Jul 12, 2016
philevs":2hneuj63 said:
Don’t see that complaining achieves anything.
Bad as it was, I’d still rather watch that than nothing at all!
Quite clearly, the club will be as disappointed as we all are, and will no doubt get things sorted out before charging us.
I would rather watch nothing! A PR own goal. Will need a vast improvement before anybody will pay to watch a game where you cannot identify your own players!

Feb 23, 2008
xmastree":bi14zme6 said:
Quizmike":bi14zme6 said:
Apology from the club

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/august ... ing-fault/

They were using old kit today. New stuff will be in place for the start of the season

Fair enough, let's move on.

Whether it was free or not isn't the point, and of course it was only a friendly, but people were looking forward to that.

I shaped my day's schedule around Argyle playing, both my lads were keen on watching having obviously had their Saturdays out curtailed last season.

This was their first taste of Argyle since the lockdown and even they already have the attitude that's it's 'same old Argyle'.

My point being whether it's free or not it's made the club look completely unprofessional and disappointed a fair few people.

Aug 5, 2005
chunkymonkey78":1w7m1gr3 said:
xmastree":1w7m1gr3 said:
Quizmike":1w7m1gr3 said:
Apology from the club

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/august ... ing-fault/

They were using old kit today. New stuff will be in place for the start of the season

Fair enough, let's move on.

Whether it was free or not isn't the point, and of course it was only a friendly, but people were looking forward to that.

I shaped my day's schedule around Argyle playing, both my lads were keen on watching having obviously had their Saturdays out curtailed last season.

This was their first taste of Argyle since the lockdown and even they already have the attitude that's it's 'same old Argyle'.

My point being whether it's free or not it's made the club look completely unprofessional and disappointed a fair few people.

They know. They've apologised, explained what happened and said that a whole load of new kit will be in place for the season proper

Feb 23, 2008
It isn't the first time the club has disappointed them through no fault of their own though, shouldn't have happened in the first place.

If it's old equipment how come no-one knows how to use it, I've seen mobile phone streams look better.

Aug 5, 2005
chunkymonkey78":3iijbpq8 said:
It isn't the first time the club has disappointed them through no fault of their own though, shouldn't have happened in the first place.

If it's old equipment how come no-one knows how to use it, I've seen mobile phone streams look better.

Have a read of the apology. All your answers are there.

May 8, 2011
Parkway only had a squad of 15 players so for so many of them to play the full 90 minutes in that heat and give Argyle a good game I say well done to them.

Sign of the times, had the You Tube streaming worked the guidance allows you to have watched it in the Clubhouse/bar at Parkway but not live at Home Park.

Feb 28, 2016
They should have got the lads at the Cornwall Channel on board who broadcast a few SWPL games over Facebook (including a Parkway vs Argyle fixture)

Surprised to see Riv on the team sheet don’t know if he was just helping them out as I thought he was settled in at Tiverton as skipper and had committed to them for another season but it was nice to see him get on the score sheet even though it’s only preseason and they went on to lose I bet that was a little bit special compared to a run of the mill pre season goals.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
HC Green":2ku9yqvw said:
Parkway only had a squad of 15 players so for so many of them to play the full 90 minutes in that heat and give Argyle a good game I say well done to them.

Sign of the times, had the You Tube streaming worked the guidance allows you to have watched it in the Clubhouse/bar at Parkway but not live at Home Park.

I think it has been quoted on here in the recent past that the catering area at HP continues to contain essential medical equipment following the Club offering the space to the LHA during the pandemic crisis..

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
IJN":gwha5qa2 said:
philevs":gwha5qa2 said:
Quite clearly, the club will be as disappointed as we all are, and will no doubt get things sorted out before charging us.

Customer feedback is ALWAYS a good thing.

It was free Ian and not the usual ifollow set up.

I remember when Steve Hill used to do a similar thing, preseason. The “supporters” weren’t so demanding in those days.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Andy_S":3npqvjvw said:
IJN":3npqvjvw said:
philevs":3npqvjvw said:

Customer feedback is ALWAYS a good thing.

It was free Ian and not the usual ifollow set up.

I remember when Steve Hill used to do a similar thing, preseason. The “supporters” weren’t so demanding in those days.

No, but on the other hand, the viewing facility in those days was not announced with such a glowing fanfare as was seen last week. I think it was the expectation turning out to being a dampish squib which generated the criticism.