Pitch being relaid | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pitch being relaid

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Daz":1iljemw7 said:
Kersie":1iljemw7 said:
It sounds like to me that if you put staff on furlough it doesn’t mean the club is skint of money at all...it protects the club from becoming skint...so the club still has plenty of money to do things like this... :cool:

Again that's fair enough and not against the rules (although its a job retention scheme so should be used to stop having to make staff redundant), it just doesn't sit right with me though. Just like with Branson/Levy/Beckham etc etc.
If you were the owner of a League 2 football club, would you decide to pay all the staff out of your own pocket or choose to do what tens of thousands of other businesses, including all other EFL clubs, are doing and claim the furlough payment made available by the government?
If our owner decided to pay all staff without claiming furlough, he would be putting our club at a disadvantage to those who are claiming. He is already making up the difference between the furloughed amount and normal pay up to 30th June.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I asked Chris Ralph, if a full pitch renovation which is normally done at the end of a season, was being done.

His reply below

“yes a full reno but just scaled back slightly. This will be the same reno we had planned due to the concerts. Top 15-20mm removed, fresh dressing/sand worked in, levels reinstated and seed. Should be a pitch in about 4-5 weeks.”

Jun 27, 2019
I initially read that as 'French dressing', and genuinely wondered for a moment if I needed to start putting vinegar and oil on my lawn.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
WoodsyGreen":3f5emaeo said:
I initially read that as 'French dressing', and genuinely wondered for a moment if I needed to start putting vinegar and oil on my lawn.

Aaaah the salad days of Argyle!!
Dearly beloved, lettuce play. :coat:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I notice in the drone video on Plymouth Live that the Albion pitch is being done as well, i wonder if they get a discount by doing both pitches at the same time?

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
From the O/S:

"Argyle’s grounds staff have seized the opportunity to undertake essential maintenance of the playing surface.

With no decision yet made on a timeline for next season, the club agreed, in consultation with the grounds staff, that it would be prudent to undertake a mini renovation to the Home Park pitch during this enforced break – offering the most cost-effective solution to pitch care, while also providing flexibility to combat an uncertain schedule."

Seems well considered to me.

Aug 5, 2016
Daz":3jec6e0d said:
Dorset Pilgrim":3jec6e0d said:
Daz":3jec6e0d said:
Crowdfunder money being well spent I’d say.

On the face of it this is an unnecessary expense at a time of uncertainty? :facepalm:

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I find it incredible that we are asking fans to donate money to support the club and are then spending it on the fu””ing grass when we have the best pitch in the league.

What is the life expectancy of a pitch?

Just because it is good now, does that mean it will be good in November - February next year?