Plymouth Argyle Squad 2020/2021 & Pre-season Fixtures | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Squad 2020/2021 & Pre-season Fixtures

Apr 1, 2009
Ottawa Green":2wgl0o2q said:
According to Posty`s list we now have 7 strikers

Rubin Wilson - striker
Dom Telford - striker
Byron Moore - striker/wingback
Klaidi Lolos - striker
Luke Jephcott - striker
9 - Ryan Hardie - striker
7 - Frank Nouble - striker

I would assume that Lolos and Wilson will go out on loan, Moore will be a wingback, Jephcott and Telford will start with Hardie and Nouble as subs.

Why are you starting Telford?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
xmastree":3bx0t0be said:
Ottawa Green":3bx0t0be said:

Rubin Wilson - striker
Dom Telford - striker
Klaidi Lolos - striker
Luke Jephcott - striker

I would assume that Lolos and Wilson will go out on loan, Moore will be a wingback, Jephcott and Telford will start with Hardie and Nouble as subs.

Yeah, leave it out Telford, it ain't worth it! :furious:

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Pogleswoody":3lg7j2cl said:
xmastree":3lg7j2cl said:
Ottawa Green":3lg7j2cl said:

Rubin Wilson - striker
Dom Telford - striker
Klaidi Lolos - striker
Luke Jephcott - striker

Yeah, leave it out Telford, it ain't worth it! :furious:

:lol:

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Any word or sight of Jarvis Cleal?
we have other youngsters in and around the squad, but he wasn't involved in the game and doesn't appear in any of the training pictures(at least I can't see him) . He hasn't even warranted a mention when the manager is asked about player availability.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
McQ":3s37cvbj said:
Any word or sight of Jarvis Cleal?
we have other youngsters in and around the squad, but he wasn't involved in the game and doesn't appear in any of the training pictures(at least I can't see him) . He hasn't even warranted a mention when the manager is asked about player availability.
I assume the squad numbers in the op are official and Cleal is the only player who has not been allocated a number.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
As the team us heading to Scotland next week, wonder if there will be
an # incoming soon.

Sure we'd ideally want new faces on the trip for bonding.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":1vp2lyzu said:
As the team us heading to Scotland next week, wonder if there will be
an # incoming soon.

Sure we'd ideally want new faces on the trip for bonding.

and probably more relevant the covid testing and bubble.

Mar 14, 2009
I am starting to think the more depth you have to you squad, in terms of quality, the better you will do this season.

It’s basically two matches a week for the first few months. This doesn’t take into account postponing matches due to Covid-19 and the weather. This is even not taking Into account injuries due to the volume of matches to be played.

I feel this season there might be teams with a good starting 11 that get off to a flyer. However, if they don’t have the depth to their squad l think those teams with deeper pockets and larger squads this season will be the ones to gain a significant advantage.

I think Argyle will have a decent 11-14 players. However, l do think the depth of our squad quality will be our disadvantage. I don’t think Wootton, Sawyer, C Grant for example are decent league one standard. Yet they will be needed this season because of the games coming thick and fast.

I know we have more players to add, which will no doubt make the first 11 stronger but l think a decent season will be comfortable safety, around 14th-16th place.

Aug 5, 2016
Ottawa Green":rx0eeg9o said:

Rubin Wilson - striker
Dom Telford - striker
Klaidi Lolos - striker
Luke Jephcott - striker

Lolos and Wilson will be on the fringes I expect. Hasn't Wilson already agreed a loan with Plymouth Parkway?

I imagine all 4 will be battling for places and the personnel will change with tactics, opposition, suspensions and form in mind. But if we have a star striker, I see it as Hardie and his #9 shirt affirms that. How many loan players are given that shirt number?

I don't see any reason why Jephcott or Telford would start over Hardie or Nouble at this juncture. They have to prove the reason they should be starting in the pre season friendlies, then they have to keep scoring when the season starts to keep hold of their place. Telford will know he didn't really score enough last season and the pressure is on mentally to sort that out this season.

Nov 2, 2004
Time will tell but it is worth remembering that Jephcott was a preferred starter over Hardie last season. I suspect it may well be the same this season, Jephcott is young but looks an interesting talent. If I were to guess it would be Nouble and Jephcott as the most likely starters.Even when winning Lowe likes to use all four named strikers during the match, the pace of Hardie and Telford suits that role perfectly.

Mar 25, 2007
I'm thinking Hardie and Jephcott to start, with Nouble adding a different dimension when required. Sounds like he's more of a target man. Add the skills of Moore and Telford, plus the kids we've got coming on, its looking pretty good up front.

Aug 5, 2016
ealinggreen":wokfdhu4 said:
Time will tell but it is worth remembering that Jephcott was a preferred starter over Hardie last season. I suspect it may well be the same this season, Jephcott is young but looks an interesting talent. If I were to guess it would be Nouble and Jephcott as the most likely starters.Even when winning Lowe likes to use all four named strikers during the match, the pace of Hardie and Telford suits that role perfectly.

Jephcott started the season on loan at Truro trying to gain fitness and prove himself. Zak Rudden started the season at Rangers, was with us and ended up at Partick Thistle. Hardie was at Blackpool reserves going nowhere. Byron Moore has gone from starting up front and scoring goals to part of the defence. Whereas Dom Telford hasn't really had a consistent run of starts in the team with lots of interrupting niggly injuries.

It all goes to show how quickly plans can change and no-one's reputation or stature is really above any other. If the system isn't producing goals Lowe will change it.

It is true Jephcott ended the season a starting striker, he was handed a place in the team and never really had a dry goalscoring spell. He didn't give Lowe a reason to drop him or change the plan. But that is near 6 months ago, all the players' fitness levels have changed, form is out of the window. If Nouble has come in, is looking sharp in pre season, firing goals, is Lowe really going to remember how Jephcott looked in March when picking his starting team when the season starts?

They are all a blank canvas starting fresh, battling for places