Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 59 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tugboat":qqttlfob said:
Why was I expecting another signing early this week? Was something mentioned somewhere about a possible addition by Monday or did I just make that up?

:shocked:

The 'In-door' has certainly been unused for a few days.

C

Cult Of Personality

Leo Messi is now out of contract with Barcelona. Think he could be a good option off the bench

Apr 1, 2009
Cult Of Personality":3hwbipx4 said:
Leo Messi is now out of contract with Barcelona. Think he could be a good option off the bench

Would be underwhelmed... Too old, too small, doesn't track back, his missis wouldn't like Plymouth. Apparently data analysis suggests he wouldn't be right for us. Jeffers prefers to play with Hardie anyway. Only positive is that he might get a work permit.

Apr 1, 2009
Tugboat":5e0qzctk said:
Why was I expecting another signing early this week? Was something mentioned somewhere about a possible addition by Monday or did I just make that up?

:shocked:

I think that was Houghton - deal happened sooner than expected.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
It is Rhys Shirley confirmed on new Argyle website on the U18 team

Mar 14, 2009
I just watched his pre-season interview for today.

More in hope, than expectation, l was hoping to hear about maybe one or two more players through the door.

I would feel another decent CM is a priority. A RWB for competition for Edwards and a physical forward.

If Galloway doesn’t sign then l feel we need competition at LWB.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":1hhxe2bx said:

More in hope, than expectation, l was hoping to hear about maybe one or two more players through the door.

I would feel another decent CM is a priority. A RWB for competition for Edwards and a physical forward.

I'm not sure we'll see another right back, given that James Bolton can play right back, Adam Randell can slot in at RWB, possible Grant or Cooper in an emergency. Edwards is very much first choice. Given that we have Houghton and Randell to play in that deep midfield role, Edwards is also clearly not needed there.

Mar 14, 2009
Nobby":u3uby5aj said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":u3uby5aj said:

I'm not sure we'll see another right back, given that James Bolton can play right back, Adam Randell can slot in at RWB, possible Grant or Cooper in an emergency. Edwards is very much first choice. Given that we have Houghton and Randell to play in that deep midfield role, Edwards is also clearly not needed there.

I wouldn’t have Edwards at CDM tbh. I’d have him at CM playing alongside Camara.

If people look at the Blackpool away game and the highlights, where Mayor gets caught in midfield in the second half of that game highlights the problems we will have next season if Lowe keeps playing Mayor at CM. Edwards is a much better CM than Mayor. Danny is a forward player. Square pegs, round holes.

Mayor needs help next season too. Too many times we relied too heavily on just him to unlock teams. Was totally unfair on him.

We ended the season with 2 wins from 15 games (maybe worse). Those two wins came from a 4ATB variation. Yes the defence was poor but it also highlights the vulnerability of the system we played and where certain individuals played. Edwards did a job at RWB. However, most of the season many Argyle fans mentioned how our attacking play came from mostly from the left. The right side was non existent at times. Edwards drives from deep positions, with and without the ball, but when it comes to crossing how many opportunities did he set up like C Grant via a cross. Argyle need a Mark Patterson type l feel. For me, a central midfield of Edwards and Camara running from deep positions is mouth watering.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
I think RL has previously mentioned possibly bringing in a winger , also another midfielder.
A player that may be available who should be a good option for both of those roles and provide cover at right wing back is Anthony Forde at Oxford, it appears that his contract ended yesterday although he has been offered a new deal , hasn't been a regular starter for them during his 2 years at the club , has considerable experience in League 1and the Championship including a promotion with Rotherham.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":3hucgdn4 said:
Nobby":3hucgdn4 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3hucgdn4 said:

I wouldn’t have Edwards at CDM tbh. I’d have him at CM playing alongside Camara.

If people look at the Blackpool away game and the highlights, where Mayor gets caught in midfield in the second half of that game highlights the problems we will have next season if Lowe keeps playing Mayor at CM. Edwards is a much better CM than Mayor. Danny is a forward player. Square pegs, round holes.

Mayor needs help next season too. Too many times we relied too heavily on just him to unlock teams. Was totally unfair on him.

We ended the season with 2 wins from 15 games (maybe worse). Those two wins came from a 4ATB variation. Yes the defence was poor but it also highlights the vulnerability of the system we played and where certain individuals played. Edwards did a job at RWB. However, most of the season many Argyle fans mentioned how our attacking play came from mostly from the left. The right side was non existent at times. Edwards drives from deep positions, with and without the ball, but when it comes to crossing how many opportunities did he set up like C Grant via a cross. Argyle need a Mark Patterson type l feel. For me, a central midfield of Edwards and Camara running from deep positions is mouth watering.

Edwards did a job? He scored 8 goals and won player of the year. He did much more than a job.

Apr 1, 2009
Metal_Green_Mickey":2qencn90 said:
Nobby":2qencn90 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2qencn90 said:

So Mickey, where would you play Mayor within Lowe's favourite system?