Plymouth Argyle v AFC Wimbledon - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v AFC Wimbledon - the build up

Jul 15, 2011
TinTin":1gl1xww0 said:
Thank God, its an earlier kick-off for a few weeks !

3.00 pm now becomes 10.00 pm [so an HOUR earlier] - means I am in bed by 12.30 am ?

COYG
Same here...an hour earlier 3pm becomes a v reasonable 5pm
:thumbup: :greensmile:

Oct 5, 2013
Dreamgreen":2ihwx894 said:
This is the game that will determine our survival in League One (well until the next game - if we lose).

52 points if we win will be enough.

Agree, a win and weโ€™re safe, so a big game for us.

German Shepherd

๐Ÿš‘ Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
The Night Riveria":e8ujd2my said:
We really owe AFC Wimbledon big time .Twice recently we have suffered in relegation and promotion scenarios at their hands.They have never suffered any form of relegation since conception,and seem to be Houdini escape artists.
Living in Wimbledon it would be good to get some bragging rights for a change at the end of the season.It depends what Argyle turns up, but I am not confident prematch .

I seem to remember that you'd forgotten it was the day of their victory parade & you walked down Wimbledon High St with an Argyle shirt on :funny:

Sep 6, 2006
We are safe already boys. Calm yourselves. Thought it was only poor old Rochdale Green who was having sleepless nights and thinks we need 60 points to stay up

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
German Shepherd":39oe5e9r said:
The Night Riveria":39oe5e9r said:
We really owe AFC Wimbledon big time .Twice recently we have suffered in relegation and promotion scenarios at their hands.They have never suffered any form of relegation since conception,and seem to be Houdini escape artists.
Living in Wimbledon it would be good to get some bragging rights for a change at the end of the season.It depends what Argyle turns up, but I am not confident prematch .

I seem to remember that you'd forgotten it was the day of their victory parade & you walked down Wimbledon High St with an Argyle shirt on :funny:

Well at least he turned up on the day and wore the shirt with pride. Quite a minority trait around that game! :facepalm:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
TinTin":3i13fzwm said:

3.00 pm now becomes 10.00 pm [so an HOUR earlier] - means I am in bed by 12.30 am ?

COYG

Yep. 4am becomes 2am after Sunday (clocks go back an hour here).

Only problem with 2am is that it's in the "middleish" and falling asleep in front of the telly sort of time!

:lol:

Oct 20, 2015
My stepdad is from Merton so Wimbledon is his club (well, the old Wimbledon and now AFC). So it's an interesting game for us. Very difficult to call but 4-4 would suit both of us I think.

Argyle have been sucked into poor performances against poor teams, and as my stepdad always says, "it's the ropey teams that are hard to beat".

Wembley a few years ago was a bitter pill to swallow, but I don't begrudge the club at all and as others have said theirs is a remarkable success story.

Koala Green

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
โœ… Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
liverpoolgreen":1g2qv37h said:
TinTin":1g2qv37h said:

COYG
Same here...an hour earlier 3pm becomes a v reasonable 5pm
:thumbup: :greensmile:

Now 1am kick off in Sydney so an early night for me at 3am! But our clocks change on Sunday which means midnight kick off next week. Happy days :greensmile:

May 26, 2015
Balham_Green":31nwg9e6 said:
We are safe already boys. Calm yourselves. Thought it was only poor old Rochdale Green who was having sleepless nights and thinks we need 60 points to stay up

I'll take the bait; we will need 54 points to be confident of safety, but I'll sleep easier if we get to 52 points today. All our remaining games are fraught with difficulties and anyone who thinks that we will get any pointage from home games against the likes of Hull and Sunderland, or away to the likes of Gillingham are living, I'm afraid, in cloud Cuckoo land! Let's get the safety pointage quickly, and then plan for next season by giving the youngsters a game or two.

Koala Green

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
โœ… Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Going to need to be patient today. According to Soccer Stats , 8 of the last 12 games for Wimbledon have been 0-0 at half time!

I think they may come and park the bus and hit us on the counter today.

Interesting stats here https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?le ... -wimbledon

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
After claiming we would definitely not be relegated two years ago, I'm saying nothing until safety is guaranteed this season.

As for today, I hope we stuff Wimbledon and help them go down. Nasty club who, despite what happened with the Don's, did did the dirty (with the help of Chelsea) on Kingstonian. The K's were a lovely little club at Kingsmeadow, who now have to groundshare with Corinthians Casuals in Tolworth.

Come on Argyle!!!

Sep 6, 2006
RochdaleGreen":1xzd20yz said:
Balham_Green":1xzd20yz said:

I'll take the bait; we will need 54 points to be confident of safety, but I'll sleep easier if we get to 52 points today. All our remaining games are fraught with difficulties and anyone who thinks that we will get any pointage from home games against the likes of Hull and Sunderland, or away to the likes of Gillingham are living, I'm afraid, in cloud Cuckoo land! Let's get the safety pointage quickly, and then plan for next season by giving the youngsters a game or two.

You are confused Rochdale. To get 54, 3 of bottom 6 would need something like 18 points from at most 10 games or less for some. Basically promotion form. They are all rubbish and it ain't gonna happen. You mustn't stress yourself. Course if you wanted a bet for charity how :thumbup: about ยฃ20?

mutley marvel

Cream First
โœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
It will be interesting to see which Argyle turns up today- we always seem to struggle against teams at the lower end of the league Rochdale & Wigan at home being the ultimate horror shows

AFC Wimbledon are not the Gas & they have Joe Piggott (hopefully he will be kept quiet)- they won very late in the game against the Cobblers last weekend so we will have to be on it for the full 90 minutes & take all our chances when they come up.

I dont think they will be a pushover- hopefully we will have enough quality & know how to get a result :think:

Jun 27, 2019
Wimbledon have spent every season since they beat us in the playoffs fighting relegation. Their league positions in the last four years have been 15th, 18th, 20th and 20th, and they're currently 21st.

Time for them to go, and hopefully they'll be one step closer at 5pm today.

(No, I haven't forgiven them for that horrible day at Wembley, even though all they did was win a football match. The media coverage that weekend was nauseating and the Crazy Gang 'fairytale' BS is well past its sell-by date).