Plymouth Argyle v Crewe Alexandra - the build up + Q&A | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Crewe Alexandra - the build up + Q&A

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
The West Ham v Man City game was called off early based on the forecast, so there is precedent.

I suspect the fact that it was scheduled to be shown live on Sky was also a factor.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
From Met Office “Storm Dennis to hit Plymouth at 3pm Saturday “.

Jan 27, 2012
6yJXN0F.png

If the above BBC forecast for Plymouyth is accurate, I'd be surprised if the game is on.
And even if it is on, it wouldn't be much of a football spectacle.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
demportdave":3duidlsv said:
The West Ham v Man City game was called off early based on the forecast, so there is precedent.

I suspect the fact that it was scheduled to be shown live on Sky was also a factor.

But only on the day of the game not 24 hours before.

Oct 20, 2015
Dreamgreen":28u4lvba said:
Having arrived at HP for the Grimsby game to find out it was off, I would also appreciate an early decision tomorrow !

To Dreamgreen and Brussels B - we travelled down from Warwickshire last night. Needed an outboard on the M5, let alone high speed windscreen wipers.

We also came down for the Grimsby game only to have it called off VERY late in the day.

No mention of the conditions on PAFC at the moment, just the usual pre-match patter.

Even if they start the game, I guess there's a chance it'll be abandoned. Don't have a good feeling about this one I'm afraid.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
slingsby_pobble":34iajew4 said:
Dreamgreen":34iajew4 said:
Having arrived at HP for the Grimsby game to find out it was off, I would also appreciate an early decision tomorrow !

To Dreamgreen and Brussels B - we travelled down from Warwickshire last night. Needed an outboard on the M5, let alone high speed windscreen wipers.

We also came down for the Grimsby game only to have it called off VERY late in the day.

No mention of the conditions on PAFC at the moment, just the usual pre-match patter.

Even if they start the game, I guess there's a chance it'll be abandoned. Don't have a good feeling about this one I'm afraid.

Well, fair play to you Slingsby! That’s dedication, knowing there’s probably only a 50/50 chance of the game going ahead, or finishing.

Dec 1, 2019
I’m planning on catching the train from Bristol (having bought advance ticket to save costs!). I also have a gut feeling the game will be called off but can’t be certain of course until we hear from the club. I appreciate that weather predictions can be unpredictable but, I don’t know why the club can’t provide a set time for an inspection & a 2nd inspection if required like they do for race meetings. All the race meetings today had an inspection at 8am. Wincanton is off , other 2 going ahead, unless conditions deteriorate unexpectedly.

If a 2nd inspection is requires in racing it’s normally at 11 am.

Some indication of time of inspection from the Club would be appreciated so people can plan their travel.

Second problem unrelated to club is whether the train will be effected and the worry I may not be able to get a train back :? . To be honest would rather see the match played in better conditions, gonna be a scrappy game if it goes ahead.

Oct 20, 2015
Devongreenowl":nss7bzzo said:
slingsby_pobble":nss7bzzo said:
Dreamgreen":nss7bzzo said:

Well, fair play to you Slingsby! That’s dedication, knowing there’s probably only a 50/50 chance of the game going ahead, or finishing.

To be fair we are also seeing my mum while we're down, but Home Park should be the highlight

Jul 12, 2016
slingsby_pobble":3ky46wo9 said:
Dreamgreen":3ky46wo9 said:

The pitch should stand up to the rain and once fans arrive at the stadium they have to return home regardless of the wind. From an H&S perspective ,unless the wind speed increases dramatically during the game why would it be abandoned?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":2wcvfqox said:
slingsby_pobble":2wcvfqox said:
Dreamgreen":2wcvfqox said:

The pitch should stand up to the rain and once fans arrive at the stadium they have to return home regardless of the wind. From an H&S perspective ,unless the wind speed increases dramatically during the game why would it be abandoned?

Yay, you tell em Oldage! WAAAW :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
slingsby_pobble":1ixbclvk said:
Devongreenowl":1ixbclvk said:
slingsby_pobble":1ixbclvk said:
Dreamgreen":1ixbclvk said:

To be fair we are also seeing my mum while we're down, but Home Park should be the highlight

Hope your mum's not on Pasoti! :lol:

Dec 3, 2005
The problem is not the pitch, it will be fine, drainage is the best, we have had heavy rain before and they still water the damn thing.
The problem is the almost unpredictable wind!
Will it be dangerous for the players, staff or supporters, getting to the ground, at the ground or after the match

Tough decisions, especially when the storm is due to hit around 3pm. Supporters will make their own personal decisions on the pros and cons of going.

At the moment I am in two minds, there are many many trees standing along the road from Paignton.

Jul 12, 2016
djg145":182vta0q said:
The problem is not the pitch, it will be fine, drainage is the best, we have had heavy rain before and they still water the damn thing.
The problem is the almost unpredictable wind!
Will it be dangerous for the players, staff or supporters, getting to the ground, at the ground or after the match

Tough decisions, especially when the storm is due to hit around 3pm. Supporters will make their own personal decisions on the pros and cons of going.

At the moment I am in two minds, there are many many trees standing along the road from Paignton.
As long as they stay standing you won't have a problem.