Plymouth Argyle v Oxford United - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Oxford United - the build up

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Site Manager":hw1dvxsz said:
Oxford United
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

The Countdown to Oxford United

7.45pm kick-off

Sunday

Kevin Johnson is the man in the middle for the game, so far this season he has issued 38 yellow cards and two reds in 14 games. He has already visited Home Park this season when he was referee for the first league game against Blackpool in September.
He will be assisted on Tuesday by Richard Morris and Robert Dabbs while the fourth official is Joe Simpson.

Oxford United analysis
Strengths
Creating long shot opportunities.
Creating scoring chances.
Weaknesses
Finishing scoring chances.
Stopping opponents from creating chances.
Avoiding fouling in dangerous areas.
Defending counter attacks.
Defending set pieces.
Style of play
Control the game in the opposition's half.
Take long shots.
Attempt crosses often.
Play with width.
Take a lot of shots.

They Played For Both
Curtis Nelson, Jamie Mackie, Ashley Barnes, Chris Zebroski, Ryan Taylor, Ashley Smith-Brown, Darren Purse, Paul Wotton, Luke McCormick, Lee Cox, Tony Capaldi, Rufus Brevitt, Nicky Banger. Any more?

The Greens have played Oxford at home 27 times; winning 11 games, drawing six and losing 10. The U's have won five of the last seven visits to Home Park.

Fan entry times window at turnstiles: 6.15pm to 7pm (usually 1.30pm to 2.15pm) and 7pm to 7.45pm (usually 2.15pm to 3pm).

Monday

Purchase your iFollow match pass ... here.

According to Sky Bet Argyle are at 19/10 to win the game, an Oxford win has odds of 5/4 and the draw is on offer at 12/5.

Fans' Brief .... club website.

Oxford manager Karl Robinson looks ahead to the game .... Oxford club website.
“It’s not going to be easy, not least because they are in Tier 2 and can still have fans in. We have seen at our own games what a positive effect that can have and how fans can influence the games so we will be aware of that but at the same time it’s great to play games where there are fans, whoever they support."

Any other ST holders have the 'subscribe now' button showing, instead of the normal 'you already have access to this match'?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Hux is now the ref. He's been ok in recent games, especially when compared to a few years ago.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I reckon those attending tonight should make the most of it as I don’t think any fans are going to be setting foot in Home Park for quite a while after tonight’s game.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Doctor":m71igr3x said:
I reckon those attending tonight should make the most of it as I don’t think any fans are going to be setting foot in Home Park for quite a while after tonight’s game.

Exactly! The new tier levels are announced tomorrow and Plymouth is likely to be placed in tier 3 meaning no fans for the Gillingham game.

C

Cult Of Personality

Think this will be the last game i attend for the season as we going further and further backwards in this country.

Shocking really and annoying but not Argyles fault. The clowns at the number 10 dont have a clue

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Cult Of Personality":1hqc0gii said:
Think this will be the last game i attend for the season as we going further and further backwards in this country.

Shocking really and annoying but not Argyles fault. The clowns at the number 10 dont have a clue

Who does in this world other than the Chinese, who SEEM to have brought pandemic order to their population on the end of an automatic weapon. Personally, I do not want to see that form of pandemic security on the streets of Plymouth or Newquay.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Cult Of Personality":1to8s3mr said:

The "clowns" who don't follow the rules on social distancing, travel etc are more to blame. Probably the same clowns who complain when their tier is increased then moan that the virus is spreading!

Anyway, I agree about this likely being the last time fans will get in for a while. The way the virus seems to be affecting so many clubs now I wouldn't be surprised to see the season paused for a while at some point as well. This new strain is a huge problem and eventually a country-wide full lockdown will probably be required to arrest the spread.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
warney":3unesphr said:
Cult Of Personality":3unesphr said:

The "clowns" who don't follow the rules on social distancing, travel etc are more to blame. Probably the same clowns who complain when their tier is increased then moan that the virus is spreading!

Anyway, I agree about this likely being the last time fans will get in for a while. The way the virus seems to be affecting so many clubs now I wouldn't be surprised to see the season paused for a while at some point as well. This new strain is a huge problem and eventually a country-wide full lockdown will probably be required to arrest the spread.
I agree. It's the "clowns", although I don't find it one bit funny, who are to blame not the Government. It's just like normal up here in Wales with people just ignoring advice. God help the situation once they all party on New Year's Eve...

May 16, 2016
Ponty":2gran58o said:
warney":2gran58o said:
Cult Of Personality":2gran58o said:

I agree. It's the "clowns", although I don't find it one bit funny, who are to blame not the Government. It's just like normal up here in Wales with people just ignoring advice. God help the situation once they all party on New Year's Eve...

There's pubs in Cornwall closing the doors after the irresponsible behaviour of people coming down from Tier 3 / 4 areas, staff getting grief from people who shouldn't even be there after they've been asked to leave. It's that type of clown that messes things up for everyone and forces Football to close the doors or stop again. Even the most able Government would struggle to plait sh8t.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Agree with you cult, i am fortunate to be granted a seat for tonight's game due to someone giving up their seat for whatever reason,this will be my first game,and maybe the last until this virus is gone,i will make the most of it ,although,it is a Tuesday evening game,when we don't fare well. :scarf:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
rongreenblood":2vls1mvs said:
Agree with you cult, i am fortunate to be granted a seat for tonight's game due to someone giving up their seat for whatever reason,this will be my first game,and maybe the last until this virus is gone,i will make the most of it ,although,it is a Tuesday evening game,when we don't fare well. :scarf:

You are very welcome ron!! ;)

Enjoy the game my friend! :scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
Ponty":1dvlrrjp said:
warney":1dvlrrjp said:
Cult Of Personality":1dvlrrjp said:

Ah yes not the Government's fault at all for screwing up test and trace, reacting too slowly, giving mixed messages, allowing senior Government figures to break the rules, underfund the NHS for years, not having enough PPE etc etc.