Pompey - free transfers? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pompey - free transfers?

Mar 11, 2008
Bsingstoke
Interesting quotes (which I agree with totally) from Barry Heanr chairman at orient on TalkSport earlier today.
Basically he was stating that clubs who trade "knowingly" insolvent are just cheating. He likened it to drug cheats in athletics.
His view was that clubs would not go into administration if they were to be relegated automatically two divisions. I have a feeling this sort of thing happens in France among other places in European football.
He went on to say how Southampton had thier debts written off, a new chairman came in and next thing you know are splashing a million plus on a forward with every chance of gaining promotion through the play offs.
The Ginger pleb that is Adrian Durham said that a two division relegation would be wrong because clubs are an emotional things so should never go under and accused Hearn of being happy to run a "little unambitious club like Orient"....Durham obviously is not aware that small family run business whoi go under because the like of Saints, Leeds, Liecester etc etc etc bail out without paying for goods and services.
The whole thing makes my blood boil. For every moment such as the euphoria of watching us come from behind and win at Barnsley a couple of weeks ago which re-inforced why I love football, this sort of thing makes me question my love for the game.
I really want a big club (even a little one like Pompey) to go under so the authorities HAVE to fo something. I want and expect (and will be bloody angry if they do nothing) the HMRC to chase and get every last penny owed to them. This whole sordid and immoral way of running clubs has to end.

L

lukey1122

Marlin":fiku5e67 said:
Interesting quotes (which I agree with totally) from Barry Heanr chairman at orient on TalkSport earlier today.
Basically he was stating that clubs who trade "knowingly" insolvent are just cheating. He likened it to drug cheats in athletics.
His view was that clubs would not go into administration if they were to be relegated automatically two divisions. I have a feeling this sort of thing happens in France among other places in European football.
He went on to say how Southampton had thier debts written off, a new chairman came in and next thing you know are splashing a million plus on a forward with every chance of gaining promotion through the play offs.
The Ginger pleb that is Adrian Durham said that a two division relegation would be wrong because clubs are an emotional things so should never go under and accused Hearn of being happy to run a "little unambitious club like Orient"....Durham obviously is not aware that small family run business whoi go under because the like of Saints, Leeds, Liecester etc etc etc bail out without paying for goods and services.
The whole thing makes my blood boil. For every moment such as the euphoria of watching us come from behind and win at Barnsley a couple of weeks ago which re-inforced why I love football, this sort of thing makes me question my love for the game.
I really want a big club (even a little one like Pompey) to go under so the authorities HAVE to fo something. I want and expect (and will be bloody angry if they do nothing) the HMRC to chase and get every last penny owed to them. This whole sordid and immoral way of running clubs has to end.
I agree also, Portsmouth are fielding a team that they can't really afford to field, it is a form of cheating.

Mar 7, 2009
Babararacucudada":22eluo1j said:
Ham Green":22eluo1j said:
Babararacucudada":22eluo1j said:
http://babararacucudada.blogspot.com/2010/02/administration.html

You seem pretty confident that Portsmouth will go out of existence. The South African interested in buying the club now says he can't do it before the winding-up, so it's looking increasingly likely.

Maybe they'll be saved. That was how it seemed to me when I wrote that piece. They don't deserve to be though and something simply must be done to prevent the crimes against common decency that are being committed by those who cheat out of paying their way.

I don't want to see any club fold. I don't want to see them cheating either though.

If Pompey survive and go into administration and only pay off 5% of their debt to non-football creditors then it is those creditors who effectively bought their FA Cup triumph. When one of those main creditors is HMRC that means that it is my tax bill and yours which has supplied the funding and I'd rather it went to hospitals, schools, social services, armed forces or just about anywhere else than into a rival opponent. Don't forget that they beat us in the 3rd round that year by fielding players that they never could have justifiably signed given what we know now.

It is fundamentally unfair and I feel outrage both as a robbed tax payer and as a robbed football fan about it and I'm rather surprised that anybody could feel differently.

I don't pay tax, but I completely agree.
I'm still hoping they'll cease to exist soon, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

If it was us, we would have sunk without a trace by now!

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Twohundredpercent.net has (yet again) another brilliant writeup about the Pompey debacle, and points out that administration will only be the start of their problems - they'll be all but relegated from the Premiership and so, as members of the Football League, will have to have a CVA in place in order before it can leave administration. If it doesn't - and the HMRC won't vote agree to one, AND there's the small issue of all the football debts being paid in full - then they'll face another heafty points penalty when they leave administration, meaning they'll more than likely be facing a fight to not be in League One in 2011/12.

O

oggyale

The Prem may give Pompey £11 million in advanced parachute payments..

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Marlin":1l6n1kxx said:

Shame I missed Hearn who is spot on. Orient are not unambitious they live in the shadow of clubs that spend more than they have get it written off for 10 points and then spend millions again. Lower league clubs are fuming about Rotherham who have gone into admin twice and still manage to attract better players than their rivals who lived within their means.

If Pompey are reduced to 7 points their remaining games will be farcical with no chance of staying up - this is not a level playing field and clubs stand to lose millions if they go down because their relegation rivals plunder points off Pompey.

Relegation 2 leagues is about right and until they do that there is no incentive for clubs to live within their means making things progressively worse.

As long as Pompey fans still have a club to watch they have seen their club win the FA Cup.
If you offered us a major trophy and then relegation to Div 2 I'd take that any day.