Pompey | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pompey

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Players put hands in their own pockets

Makes a change to hear a nicer side to some players for once. I can’t get my head around the idea that laying off a few ‘ordinary’ people will help in the slightest - but maybe that’s the administrators’ orders. Not surprised to hear David James credited with the move – I’ve heard other things to suggest he is a decent bloke who appreciates his own good fortune and apparently does a lot of work for good causes without wanting it splashed all over the press when he does. A friend of a friend of mine did some building work at his house not knowing he lived there. DJ walked in and was very un-starry and friendly, making them teas & bringing biscuits and even fetching and carrying gear from their truck for them.

Dec 18, 2008
Portsmouth today given permission to sell players outside the transfer window.

Are there any centre backs or in fact any defenders which would be available to us?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Misco":3idee241 said:
Portsmouth today given permission to sell players outside the transfer window.

Are there any centre backs or in fact any defenders which would be available to us?

It's poo isn't it. Any other club would not be allowed to do it. Just goes to show that the F A (NOW WHAT DOES THAT REALLY STAND FOR) will do any thing to protect the premier teams. If they are allowed to do it so should anyone else. They should abolish the transfer window. Come to think of it they should do football in this country a favour and abolish themselves. :twisted:

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
mikey":q4gr8bbi said:
Just goes to show that the F A (NOW WHAT DOES THAT REALLY STAND FOR) will do any thing to protect the premier teams.

The Premier League have given permission for Pompey to sell players, under certain provisos - that they can be sold to another Premier League club, but they can't play this season. Any sale of a player to a Football League club (i.e. Argyle) or an overseas club would need FIFA approval.

Nov 9, 2008
WHAT?!?!?!? What a joke. When were Chester allowed to do this? Or Leeds? Or Bournemouth/Southampton/Crystal Palace? Ridiculous, football is a complete joke nowadays, what a load of planks running this game.

D

DuncMcRae

I think if we were a prem club I'd be really hacked off with this move. Why does the worst club in the league get a reward that the rest don't get?

G

Gareth Nicholson

mde203":31sqassc said:
WHAT?!?!?!? What a joke. When were Chester allowed to do this? Or Leeds? Or Bournemouth/Southampton/Crystal Palace? Ridiculous, football is a complete joke nowadays, what a load of planks running this game.

The decision about Portsmouth was made by the Premier League. None of the other clubs you mentioned were in the Premier League when they went into administration, therefore the situation never arose. The governance of football is a mess at the moment, and it does raise serious questions about where the game is going, but in this instance the comparison isn't really valid.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Gareth Nicholson":3ufndo94 said:
mde203":3ufndo94 said:

The decision about Portsmouth was made by the Premier League. None of the other clubs you mentioned were in the Premier League when they went into administration, therefore the situation never arose. The governance of football is a mess at the moment, and it does raise serious questions about where the game is going, but in this instance the comparison isn't really valid.

IT IS AS THEY ARE ALL FOOTBALL CLUBS WITH FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Aah the old Premier Cartel strikes again.
This really does prove how crooked Football is, the bully boys of the Prem gather round their buddy in his self inflicted crisis.
Makes me more and more angry that Argyle didn't just do the same & bet a wad of money they didn't have on getting into the Prem a couple of seasons ago.

P

Paul_Roberts

mikey":1f3ew8hr said:
Gareth Nicholson":1f3ew8hr said:
mde203":1f3ew8hr said:

IT IS AS THEY ARE ALL FOOTBALL CLUBS WITH FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The point Gareth is making is that most countries have a unitary FA - and they generally hold all the power and make all the rules.
English football's most powerful body, however, is the Premier League - which seems to be able to bend the FA's rules with impunity. Think of the FA as a modern-day British monarch: once all-powerful, internationally respected, soaked in tradition, wealthy with a grand home... but ultimately toothless.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Did you say toothless or useless :twisted:

Feb 29, 2008
To be fair i wonder if this is done to protect or aid some of the creditors that Pompey owe money to, in this case I would applaud it.
I also echo all your sentiments about the prem and the way footy in general is going.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
It is just that from the top of football down to the bottom it is not a level playing field. All the cream goes to the premier sides and to cap it all they reward failure with parachute payments which discriminates against the teams in the championship :twisted: :twisted: