Positives if we are relegated | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Positives if we are relegated

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That fits in with my impression Tamargreen.

You mean you heard the same rumour.

Trust me, Finn was never signing for us.

Saying that, I heard the same rumour and wanted it to be true, but when I was told what Finn had planned, I knew it was simply wishful thinking.

You could be right about his salary though, it's pure guess work.

The New World was Todd and Co, remember them? The people that took our club to the brink.

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Sep 22, 2020
relegation holds no fears whatsoever.

all of my best seasons watching argyle since 1972 have been in the third or fourth tier. waiters, Smith, Warnock, Sturrock, Adams, Lowe and Shumacher all in the third or fourth tier. The second tier has just about always been a real struggle for argyle and less enjoyable to watch. We start to lose more games, crowds dwindle and good players move on. This season until christmas was the one big exception.

A football club is for life not just for christmas. Enjoy the ride. It is not essential the club are in the championship. We most likely need to be relegated to ever be promoted again so embrace it!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Absolutley no positives if we get relegated. Years of hard work wasted. OK, we cannot compete at this higher level but sfter Saturday we might just have to! Heres hoping.
Whatever happens on Saturday, the years of hard work would not have been wasted. We'd likely have to sell players, but we'd be selling them for big fees which would help move the club forward on and off the pitch. Progress has been made, and will continue to be made regardless of which division we find ourselves in.

May 26, 2015
You mean you heard the same rumour.

Trust me, Finn was never signing for us.

Saying that, I heard the same rumour and wanted it to be true, but when I was told what Finn had planned, I knew it was simply wishful thinking.

You could be right about his salary though, it's pure guess work.

The New World was Todd and Co, remember them? The people that took our club to the brink.
Thanks for acknowledging that your assertions on Finn's salary are pure guess work. Why were you so insistent in your earlier posts? I don't think Middlesbrough pay £30k a week these days.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Looking at the list just put up they're paying double what we are. :oops:

Mar 30, 2024
We are a bigger club now, and as you say most of the big boys we competed with last time have left the league, I think we have a shot at having the highest revenue and possibly the highest budget (although Wrexham will probably have money thrown at them)
Arrgh Wrexham, that tiresome circus. Hopefully will go the way of Salford, MK Dons etc.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Arrgh Wrexham, that tiresome circus. Hopefully will go the way of Salford, MK Dons etc.
Those clowns want to build a 50k seater stadium. I almost feel bad about how ridiculous that would look once they walk away from it all, and it’s got 6k showing up for a game.

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Never been convinced about the league position influencing investors theory. Certainly wasn't the case with clubs such as Reading, Bournemouth, Hull, Cardiff, Swansea and all the rest of them over the years. Hate even mentioning the word but potential would seem to have been the key word rather than current status in those cases.
Potential is not for everyone
I've heard this for 50years but nobody outside of Devon and Cornwall seems to see it.
Strange as it seems I think the ground size is holding us back from fulfilling potential had we had a 22k stadium we would have filled it and people would then have to sit up and take notice

Sep 22, 2020
i no longer buy the sleeping giant/potential tag we had. This may have been true up until circa 1980s when we were getting top 6 second tier crowds and could pull in 34,000 v derby in the fac in 1984.

these days long gone. our capacity is less than most of the second tier actual attendances now and we are simply not competitive at this level. we have been left behind a long time ago and are firmly a lower league team now.

Butternubs

Jam First
Nov 4, 2021
Plymouth
Absolutley no positives if we get relegated. Years of hard work wasted. OK, we cannot compete at this higher level but sfter Saturday we might just have to! Heres hoping.
Its not wasted. Its part of football. Most clubs get relegated and promoted. Its just what happens.

Butternubs

Jam First
Nov 4, 2021
Plymouth
i no longer buy the sleeping giant/potential tag we had. This may have been true up until circa 1980s when we were getting top 6 second tier crowds and could pull in 34,000 v derby in the fac in 1984.

these days long gone. our capacity is less than most of the second tier actual attendances now and we are simply not competitive at this level. we have been left behind a long time ago and are firmly a lower league team now.
This. All day.

Sep 6, 2006

I still don't really understand how we moved from a 38000 capacity to 16000. I know that was with terraces but still seems a big drop.