Post Gillingham- DA thoughts | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Post Gillingham- DA thoughts

Jul 12, 2016
Everybody seems to think Adams is a meticulous planner so why aren't we seeing this when the team plays.? He seems to make judgements on the opposition's starting 11 but cannot react when their tactics change.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
What concerns me is that for most of Adams' tenure the team has been either consistently good or consistently bad. It must say something about the management surely? What on earth happens at the beginning and end of these spells? It's like a tap being turned on and off. All or nothing.

May 1, 2011
Knibbsworth":p6kzn5da said:
demportdave":p6kzn5da said:
Knibbsworth":p6kzn5da said:
Yes. Defenders not heading out set pieces is not something DA can do for them. If he tells them to mark certain players and they have lapses of concentration, at some point the players have to take responsibility. We were completely in control today and decided to let them have two free goals. So frustrating. The Edwards and Sarvevic misses were massive.
Who signed the players, who coaches the players , who is in charge of all football matters?

Just what we need in a desperate relegation battle needing to win 1 and draw 1 of our last 3 games, the Manager throwing his players under the bus in public in a desperate attempt to cover for his own woeful performance.

Sarcevic in particular has been poo for weeks but Adams picks him regardless, as he will do again on Monday.

As for being in complete control, that was only in the first half. Their Manager saw the problem, made the substitutions and the tactical changes and the rest is history. If only we had a Manager who was as pro-active as that who could actually affect the outcome of matches instead of one who just stands there and letā€™s things happen.

For the umpteenth time in the past 4 seasons, Adams was out-coached by his opposite number.

So it is Sarcevic's turn now? Last week it was Macey and Canavan who were to blame. I can't keep up with what all the obvious solutions are that DA keeps ignoring.

I can't keep up with your continual refusal to allow Adam's to be questioned or criticised in any way. You ignore the fact that he has led us to the brink or relegation. It's laughable.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Iā€™m pro-Adams (obviously that will be revisited if we go down) but itā€™s so, so, so frustrating how weā€™re relatively doing the hard thing in scoring and creating goals, but we cannot keep them out.

In theory, itā€™s easier to organise and drill a team to not concede than to score goals. That we appear so fragile at the back unfortunately IS a poor indictment on our coaching, whether thatā€™s defensive from Wotton or Adams overall responsibility as head of football.

Mar 8, 2016
I donā€™t think I would shed any tears if Adams was to leave. Some of his signings have been shocking. Our defence is a joke, sick of seeing opposition players score from a free header in the box that our central defenders (mainly Edwards) has failed to pick up. Iā€™m sick of watching sawyer constantly getting done for pace by his man. Sick of watching a so called professional goalkeeper struggle to kick a ball. Our back five are poo, we need to score 2 or 3 a match to stand any chance of winning.

Mar 14, 2009
Iā€™m struggling to understand what he says at times.

Iā€™ve just read the article in which he states Ladapo and Taylor canā€™t play together. They have tried it ā€œmanyā€ times.

From my memory when he has them on the pitch itā€™s Ladapo thatā€™s shifted out wide right. When has he given them a run of games, as a pair, down the middle?

Answers on a postcard to

The Derek Adams talks Rubbish Competition
PO Box L2
Plymouth

Please add a stamp as currently every 70 pence we save the club will help towards the budget for new our new central defender next season.

Seriously though, If we need a goal at some stage those two might be on the pitch together. More nonsense from Adams that must just drain any belief this team has at times.

May 21, 2018
gaspargomez":1m9czj0t said:
Adams went down in my estimation when he decided to stop giving interviews to the Herald. That type of behaviour doesnā€™t do him or the club any favours. They need to get something from the Barnsley game otherwise itā€™s looking like a dangerous situation.

Isn't this thread based on a Herald interview? For fairness, he's just excluded them from one briefing...