Premier League Games at Home Park (not confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Premier League Games at Home Park (not confirmed)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
GreenThing":1wtp9lkh said:
Biggs":1wtp9lkh said:
I think it's more to stop fans congregating outside the ground. I reckon there'd be thousands of fans outside Anfield at the game they'd be lifting the trophy in.

Also a lot of the advantages that teams get from playing at home are from the actual pitch dimensions and surroundings. I've heard a couple of players say there was a specific seat or advertising hoarding they'd aim cross-field passes to, for example.

What sort of idiot would stand outside the ground when the tram is playing behind closed doors?

As for home advantage, surely that should still be maintained, else what is the point of the weighted points average suggested for leagues which do not play the remaining games?

There is a lot of nonsense being written about the apparent advantage of teams playing 'at home' in an empty stadium. There was a big piece of editorial in one of the daily newspapers showing that last weekend in the German Bundislig [sic] something like 8 games out of 12 were won by the away team. I may have not from memory got the stats exactly correct but the thrust of the argument is well proven. I am sure the equivalent game played in a crowded stadium would have produced more predictable results.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Iā€™m sure I read somewhere that the Bundesliga dealt with this potential problem by ruling that if there was a gathering of fans outside the ground the game would be abandoned with points being awarded to the away team.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
In that case we could all turn up at St Aimless for the Play Off game. :scarf:

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
GreenThing":19cpud1u said:
Whatā€™s the point of playing at a neutral venue, when the ground will be empty anyway?

It's a condition being put forward by the police to prevent crowds forming outside the stadium, but the Premier League are resisting it, saying home and away games should be played as normal.

Mar 27, 2008
Surely any ground being considered if this goes ahead will already have goal line technology fitted? Why would they go to the expense of fitting it at Argyle?

Mar 29, 2020
Canā€™t see it myself....if I was a player in the Premier League I would be gutted to coming down here to play a game..

Jan 2, 2010
IJN":q1cv7oq4 said:
There is zero truth in this 'rumour'.

The only thing to support this is a venue furthest away from either team's home base. Suppose a historical context is Man U. V St. Ettiene?

Sep 6, 2006
Kersie":llc86a0r said:
Canā€™t see it myself....if I was a player in the Premier League I would be gutted to coming down here to play a game..

'Gutted' Bit extreme innit. They are not being asked to go to Somalia ir something!

Sep 6, 2006
Shadowknight":1kdbwn4k said:
IJN":1kdbwn4k said:
There is zero truth in this 'rumour'.

The only thing to support this is a venue furthest away from either team's home base. Suppose a historical context is Man U. V St. Ettiene?

Which is the object of the exercise!

Mar 29, 2020
Venues would be closer than us...Iā€™m sure of that.....West Ham v Norwich or Sheffield Utd v Everton....travelling to Home Park.... I think they would kick off about that. :funny:

Mar 29, 2020
I donā€™t get what all the fuss is about The Bundesligue donā€™t have any problem with fans...Every game is live on TV..so if that was me I wouldnā€™t bother going to the ground because you wonā€™t hear or see anything so what a waste of time.

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
If there was any truth in it it would provide much needed revenue.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Never gonna happen. Ashton Gate maybe.
I can still remember the Man Utd St Etienne game when all the West Country Man Utd fans were singing 'Its even worse than Derby' about HP. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if thereā€™s a few undercover United fans on Pasoti :whistle: