Premier league (no financial help for EFL) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Premier league (no financial help for EFL)

May 28, 2019
what has come out of this pandemic has shown , premier league clubs do not need their fans, and what drives them is greed!! is it time for the efl and premier league to go their own way, how many teams out of 72(71) efl teams will actually get in the premier league, about 10 at a guess over time ,and they are the usual suspects who spend a season or two like norwich,i do not feel there will be any more bournmouths for a very long time,it is a dream, for many many clubs,i feel it all needs a massive re structure,

Dec 3, 2005
greybeard-kernow":3my9e5bs said:
what has come out of this pandemic has shown , premier league clubs do not need their fans, and what drives them is greed!! is it time for the efl and premier league to go their own way, how many teams out of 72(71) efl teams will actually get in the premier league, about 10 at a guess over time ,and they are the usual suspects who spend a season or two like norwich,i do not feel there will be any more bournmouths for a very long time,it is a dream, for many many clubs,i feel it all needs a massive re structure,

But isn't that the reason you Support a team, to have that DREAM?

Mar 29, 2020
Who cares about the Premier League....The Championship is my goal for Argyle....if we get there it will be a hell of an achievement. Only 1 League away now. :scarf:

Voice of Reason

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
Remember the good old days when talks of restructuring and changes were always about the end goal of improving the national side?
Central Contracts in Cricket
Super 12 in Rugby meaning proper games for Irtish, Welsh and Scottish players
Increased Subs to get more youngster involved in matchday squads in football

Now every decision is finance based, which i appreciate is the world we live in, but it doesn't mean its not a bit stomach churning - as for these Prem clubs "who cant afford" to help out the unimportant minnows - just see how much the "poor" six clubs of the premier league paid in agents fees in the last 3 seasons and tell me that money wouldn't be better spent supporting league 2 clubs.

Jun 27, 2019
Kersie":21mpqeq1 said:
Who cares about the Premier League....The Championship is my goal for Argyle....if we get there it will be a hell of an achievement. Only 1 League away now. :scarf:

I do, very much. If don't get there in my lifetime I'll consider it a major disappointment.

Clubs like Blackpool, Swansea, Bournemouth, Hull, Wigan, Huddersfield, Swindon, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Barnsley, Bradford and Oldham have all reached the promised land. Some of those have far grander histories than Argyle but in modern times you wouldn't describe any of them as being significantly bigger clubs than us.

A total of 65 different clubs have spent time in the top flight of English football. Sixty-five! And many of them from smaller cities than Plymouth. It should be a source of considerable embarrassment and regret that we've never managed even a single season up there.

I saw the Brentford manager on telly the other day and thought how impressive it would be if they made it up this season for the first time ever. Then I checked and learned that Brentford have actually spent five seasons in the top flight. Bloody Brentford!

Someone should get a priest out to Home Park to bless the four corners of the pitch because I'm convinced we're cursed. It's the only explanation.

Mar 29, 2020
You could be right because Green is classed as an unlucky colour.....if people are superstitious.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
greybeard-kernow":22yp2o9k said:

More than half of the 92 (91) clubs have played in the Premier League. 49 different clubs in the 28 season since it started.

The old First Divisions saw 60 different clubs in 104 years.

This suggests that it is easier to get to the top flight than ever it was before 1992.

Oct 31, 2015
Kersie":p2h80byt said:
You could be right because Green is classed as an unlucky colour.....if people are superstitious.
Well it's been unlucky for Celtic hasn't it :funny:

Apr 30, 2015
Kersie":2w7v25gn said:

I'm not superstitious and, touch wood, I never will be.

May 28, 2019
well im in my mid 50s and its been one long dream, with a couple nightmares, spoke to my dad he 83 , he said he been dreaming since he was 10,his words ,he said we need millions of pounds invested to get to the promised land, but he said it has not happened in his life time ,and more than likely not mine, he said the best we could hope for is the championship and that would take lots of investment, so yeh we can keep dreaming i guess

Oct 5, 2013
djg145":tu0ppztn said:
The Rt Hon oliver Dowden CBE MP is the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.

Must admit I have never heard of him until now.

But he needs to know how the EFL Club's Supporters are feeling, especially when, yet again some Premier Clubs are getting privileges the EFL Clubs can only dream of receiving.

oliver@oliverdowden.com

enquiries@culture.gov.uk

Thanks for giving these contacts, Iā€™ve emailed the minister and asked him to ensure that any financial aid to Premier League clubs is dependent upon aid also being made available to Football League clubs.

Sep 6, 2006
Returnofthepob":2mbwvp97 said:
Balham_Green":2mbwvp97 said:
:cry:
Returnofthepob":2mbwvp97 said:
Should Argyle be obligated to put money into non-league clubs?

Itā€™s business (not) as usual for all leagues. In this scenario, charity will be a long way off.

Do Argyle have similar resources to Prem League clubs? A non point.

Itā€™s not a non point.

Do Plymouth Parkway have the same resources as Plymouth Argyle?

Every football club throughout the pyramid will be suffering financially.

Iā€™d love a handout from Premier. Merely pointing out that we wonā€™t get it. In the same way Plymouth Parkway wonā€™t get one from the EFL. Get the point now ?

No I dont get it. There is absolutely no comparison between the wealth/income of Prem clubs to Argyle and Argyle to Parkway.

stewthenoo

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
rsp4":2li48m2r said:
How long ago was it stated that prem clubs didn't need crowds because of the TV money?.

I get some clubs will be on the edge or playing beyond their means at the lower end but I take it most of the premier is living beyond its means then :banghead:

The set up of the premiership could see of football if all is as bleak as it sounds

The "problem" for the Prima Donna league clubs will be the need to return some of the TV money. As someone else mentioned, the amount spent on agents fees is criminal. There needs to be a serious re-alignment of players transfer fees and wages, also.

I remember Scottish football nearly collapsing due to the folding of a TV company.

Returnofthepob

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
Balham_Green":2gnz48o4 said:
Returnofthepob":2gnz48o4 said:
Balham_Green":2gnz48o4 said:
:cry:
Returnofthepob":2gnz48o4 said:
Should Argyle be obligated to put money into non-league clubs?

Itā€™s business (not) as usual for all leagues. In this scenario, charity will be a long way off.

Do Argyle have similar resources to Prem League clubs? A non point.

Itā€™s not a non point.

Do Plymouth Parkway have the same resources as Plymouth Argyle?

Every football club throughout the pyramid will be suffering financially.

Iā€™d love a handout from Premier. Merely pointing out that we wonā€™t get it. In the same way Plymouth Parkway wonā€™t get one from the EFL. Get the point now ?

No I dont get it. There is absolutely no comparison between the wealth/income of Prem clubs to Argyle and Argyle to Parkway.

I suspect you do get it. But in case not, Iā€™ll have one final try.
They spend lots of money in ordinary circumstances.
Right now they have there own concerns around finances (see Spurs loan)
They donā€™t have to give us any money.
Therefore they wonā€™t give us any.