Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
From the point of view of Argyle and Adams we have three very good left backs so it's not as though we don't have cover.

From Purrington's point of view he would get decent wages but with the Rotherham manager being only a caretaker a run of even more poor results would see him replaced and then Purrington would have to impress the new manager or be left out of the squad.

Or stay ar Argyle and get a promotion on his CV and continue learning under Adams who has improved so many players.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
For me, he's developed into a very solid full back.
The only way I can see Sawyer getting back in is if Ben leaves or suffers an injury. Hopefully neither happen!

Feb 2, 2007
This may be a first move but others will probably lurking with more attractive prospects and more money. Don't think we should sell for anything less than £600k plus add one up to £1M

Oct 16, 2016
He's too young. Young players only benefit from a move when they transfer to a team able to continue to develop them further either through dynamic, experienced coaches or by vying against far better opposition

Rotherham is neither.

I know Purrignton is highly regarded and I think there is a quality player in there we need to see a lot more and will given time

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
If my memory serves me well the last Argyle apprentice left back, who went on to better things was Colin Sullivan from Saltash. I think he played over 200 games for Argyle before he went to Norwich City. IMHO young Purrington has not yet reached Colin's skill level. I think it would be a premature move for him to a Club on the slide.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Purrington might be attracted to Rotherham's new stadium....The New York Stadium is only a few years old....although only seating just over 12,000.

Mar 14, 2009
Sawyer is a steady eddy.

However, Purrington has more pace and more assists. If Purrington left, I would say Sawyer would do an OK job but he wouldn't quite provide that forward options like Purrington does. With that it mind it would be a blow to our team to lose Purrington from our side.

However, its not good bad mouthing a side that is in the championship, whether they are struggling or not. You might not like it (if this rumour were to be true) but Rotherham would offer him a guaranteed higher standard of football and if your a ambitious footballer it always going to be difficult to turn that down. No point being a tribal footballer supporter and saying Argyle is a bigger and better football club because the reality is we are still a league two club who are trying to find their way out of this league.

IF true.

Would it be a footballing decision v financial ?

Would DA/JB be prepared to say [goodbye] and get some MORE dosh in as they are well covered at left-back/left wing-back - in their opinion ?

Would BP see the move to a Club on the slide [maybe] to guarantee him playing a better level of football rather than wait for Argyle's chances ?

Would BP see it as a chance to earn a few extra bucks [when he can] but with the possibility of experiencing the slide ?

Or does DA/JB see these next few weeks as the second REAL chance to taste success in two years AND have made ADEQUATE unbudgeted income to repel ANY approaches in order to keep the squad intact ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He is on a contract with Argyle until the end of this season, at least.

Why would Argyle release him when, as he is under 24, they would get a fee for him even if he refuses to sign a new contract when his current one expires?

No chance!!!

Aug 5, 2016
Not a lot of love for Rotherham here. Reminds me of Hourihane when he left for the bright lights of Barnsley, but it didn't work out too badly for him in the end.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Barnsley are an established Championship club who have graced the top flight, Rotherham are a club now on the descent.

Purrington has blossomed into a brilliant player, arguably the young and most improved player this season.

Apr 29, 2016
Quintrell_Green":1bsm4i98 said:
If my memory serves me well the last Argyle apprentice left back, who went on to better things was Colin Sullivan from Saltash. I think he played over 200 games for Argyle before he went to Norwich City. IMHO young Purrington has not yet reached Colin's skill level. I think it would be a premature move for him to a Club on the slide.

Yeah I can remember watching Colin play for the England U 23's at Home Park in the early 70's. He was pretty useful certainly ahead of BP who has made great headway this season though.

Jul 29, 2012
For all of the reasons expressed on here why would Ben's agent advise him to move?

From the club's perspective unless it's "bonkers money" why would the club choose to weaken the squad at such a crucial time?