Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed

Feb 28, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":1g3ebozg said:
Sawyer is a steady eddy.

However, Purrington has more pace and more assists. If Purrington left, I would say Sawyer would do an OK job but he wouldn't quite provide that forward options like Purrington does. With that it mind it would be a blow to our team to lose Purrington from our side.

However, its not good bad mouthing a side that is in the championship, whether they are struggling or not. You might not like it (if this rumour were to be true) but Rotherham would offer him a guaranteed higher standard of football and if your a ambitious footballer it always going to be difficult to turn that down. No point being a tribal footballer supporter and saying Argyle is a bigger and better football club because the reality is we are still a league two club who are trying to find their way out of this league.
Completely agree and I put every penny I've got on this not being just a rumour. Its a completely different world since Colin Sullivan, for better or worse.

Feb 28, 2016
pafcdje":2nugyn2x said:
For all of the reasons expressed on here why would Ben's agent advise him to move?

From the club's perspective unless it's "bonkers money" why would the club choose to weaken the squad at such a crucial time?
From the clubs perspective I would like to think we wouldn't stand in his way, if money is fair plus we will benefit if he is sold on because of his age.

Mar 9, 2011
IF there’s any truth in this article, I hope Ben ends up staying with us! He’s more than proved his worth since coming on at the expense of Gary Sawyer’s injury.

Going to Rotherham doesn’t sound like a big step up for him / sounds more of a gamble to me if the club is currently operating under a caretaker and dangling in the relegation zone. If I was him and as young as he is, I’d use the wealth of experience he is gaining right now under DA’s guidance to further enhance his performances in a team that is doing well and (hopefully) adding a promotion to his CV.

Whatever the future holds for him, though, I'm sure he’ll go on to do well for himself – but, for now, I hope he’ll see fit to remain as our player for a while longer, yet.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Shankster":vf2703ue said:
He's too young. Young players only benefit from a move when they transfer to a team able to continue to develop them further either through dynamic, experienced coaches or by vying against far better opposition

Rotherham is neither.

I know Purrignton is highly regarded and I think there is a quality player in there we need to see a lot more and will given time

^^^^ This.

Jan 27, 2012
Rotherham is where the Chuckle Brothers are from.

Based on current league standings, both Rotherham and Argyle would be favourites to play in League One next season. So its not really career progression. Plus its a miserable, grim place to live.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
Why would we sell a player and weaken the squad at this critical time. It only takes a couple of injuries to leave you short as DA knows so well from last season, so unless it is an offer to good to turn down, ignore it. I am sure DA will approve whatever option he feels is best for the club,
Pete

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
gaspargomez":3gmedljj said:
Rotherham is where the Chuckle Brothers are from.

Based on current league standings, both Rotherham and Argyle would be favourites to play in League One next season. So its not really career progression. Plus its a miserable, grim place to live.

Probably no different to Efford. ;)

Jun 11, 2012
Fergy":u3mpwp7h said:
Purrington has blossomed into a brilliant player
He's proven to be a pretty good player, but this is way overdoing it for me.

I don't think we need to worry about Ben leaving us. He can (and should) stay and grow with us.

Jul 29, 2010
I'd like to think he'd turn that down, we could be playing them next season, us on the way up and them 'regrouping'.

If he did though i'd see it as a little bit of lacking ambition on his part, money motivated rather than CV highlight motivated, football motivated. A promotion looks better on a CV than a relegation.

So for me, if he goes so be it, I kinda don't want that mindset here. But if he stays, geddon bhey :scarf:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
TinTin":1vss8v15 said:
Maybe Jurgen Klopp could do with BP now to help his leaky defence against Wolves !!

2-0 down

Jurgen - to you £5m my friend

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Possession stats : Liverpool 81%, Wolves 19%.

Aug 5, 2016
Fergy":glvegvjq said:
Barnsley are an established Championship club who have graced the top flight, Rotherham are a club now on the descent.

Purrington has blossomed into a brilliant player, arguably the young and most improved player this season.

Barnsley can't be that 'established' as they were in League One when Hourihane signed for them 30 months ago.

That's more descended than Rotherham currently are.

Barnsley were in freefall at one point and looked bound for League Two, until things suddenly clicked and they had the form of title winners. That incredible form took them all the way to the playoff final and to the Championship where they haven't looked back.

Jul 29, 2010
davie nine":2olettye said:
TinTin":2olettye said:
Maybe Jurgen Klopp could do with BP now to help his leaky defence against Wolves !!

2-0 down

Mason coming on, hopefully a Janner will score to seal bleddy Liverp**l's fate :scarf:

I reckon Lambert pinched DA's tactics :lol:

Sep 23, 2005
X Isle":3q3cxn7o said:
davie nine":3q3cxn7o said:
TinTin":3q3cxn7o said:

2-0 down

Mason coming on, hopefully a Janner will score to seal bleddy Liverp**l's fate :scarf:

I reckon Lambert pinched DA's tactics :lol:
I wonder what McManaman made of it all☺