Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed

May 16, 2016
jimsing":1gy5kb3l said:
davie nine":1gy5kb3l said:
If he is worth £650k now, he will be worth a lot more than that in 12 months time.
He is 'one of our own'.
He is 'on the radar'; hang on to him!!

Ball's in his court, now.

.........if any of this is true......

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Rumour on twitter Purrington having a medical at Rotherham on Monday. £600k mentioned

Player in for medical at #rufc on Monday i'm told is Plymouth left back Ben Purrington. Any good? @_SamBarker_

Apr 5, 2016
I'd be gutted. He's a top young talent, that may well be in the same league next season. He has taken his chance and hasn't looked back. Rotherham would be a side step I feel. If it was a big champ Club, then I'd be disappointed but would understand. Let's hope it's just all hearsay and will still be with us after the Yeovil game.

Apr 15, 2016
If this happens any chance of them loaning him back for the rest of the season? It'd leave us very short at full back.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i just can't see his agent/advisors/parents! telling him this would be a good move.he is an excellent player worthy of playing in the second division and in the future the first.stay with us ben and keep learning your trade.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
davie nine":2ewzoryt said:
He is on a contract with Argyle until the end of this season, at least.

Why would Argyle release him when, as he is under 24, they would get a fee for him even if he refuses to sign a new contract when his current one expires?

No chance!!!

Maybe Argyle don't wanna risk him turning down a new deal then getting a not so good fee for him like Nelson

Mar 21, 2008
I'd take 650k for sure (assuming it is of course) especially if there are some decent sell-on clauses incase he's involved in bigger moves in the future.

As a club (if this happens aswell) we've generated a lot of income from many different channels recently I hope we invest it back in the right way, you've got to make hay when the sun shines.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wouldn't Rob.

We have to get out of this division and with Ben we have a chance without, it will be more difficult.

Plus, it would hurt like hell if we sell our ex Academy lads at the first flash of cash.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argyle might have already accepted an offer of the rumoured £650,000 which would be the deciding factor.

Mar 21, 2008
IJN":1wl9p8ed said:
I wouldn't Rob.

We have to get out of this division and with Ben we have a chance without, it will be more difficult.

Plus, it would hurt like hell if we sell our ex Academy lads at the first flash of cash.

In some respects I agree but there's 2 ways of looking at it. His value might go up, it might not, he might have left in the summer for much less money he might not have.

Sawyer was one of our better players before getting injured to come in and play left back and 650k is a lot of money

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Would be a crying shame if he went--but the boy has talent. Bit of a gamble on Ben's part as the chances of Argyle getting promoted and Rotherham getting relegated are fairly evenly balanced, but if he was to get a considerably bigger wage then I guess it's a risk worth taking.

Jan 28, 2015
I understand it's alot of money. But we should be trying to build a team around these sorts of players . Purrington,Oscar and getting tanner signed on . Like we did last time we went up the leagues. Norris ,wotton and Connelly. gutted to lose him to Rotherham

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
If he goes we'll be immediately short. Miller and sawyer area still out and threkheld already playing right bac.

Unless they have an immediate replacement they should not jeopardise the season. End of.