Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed | Page 34 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed

Sep 28, 2003
London
...apart from the bit where we've lost our first-choice left back, when financially speaking we didn't need to sell?

Also, a bit over-zealous moving this to "Argyle Old Boys" straight away isn't it? I imagine a lot of people don't realise he's gone.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
the_corkscrew":3nj1isqj said:
Purrington's only public comment re Argyle as far as I've seen is a bland 26 word statement on Twitter. Not a mention to the fans. After 13 years at the club, poor form that. Sounds like he can't get out quickly enough

It's a poor show, especially considering the nice message Osborne wrote when he left and he was only here for a few months.

I think Purrington has been badly advised throughout this saga.
Oh well, we move on with a game tonight and a chance for Sawyer to contribute to a rare clean sheet, something Purrington only managed once in his last 11 league games.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Andy Holland":1o2mwxsg said:
...apart from the bit where we've lost our first-choice left back, when financially speaking we didn't need to sell?

Also, a bit over-zealous moving this to "Argyle Old Boys" straight away isn't it? I imagine a lot of people don't realise he's gone.

Why is it over-zealous Andy? The thread is 39 pages long, has been running for days and has had over 30000 views. I'd be extremely surprised is someone didn't know about it. Also there is a link to this thread on the main page.

Not to mention that he is, now, an Argyle old boy. So it's in the correct place, is it not?

Feb 28, 2016
PL2 3DQ":lcskcv7d said:
the_corkscrew":lcskcv7d said:
Purrington's only public comment re Argyle as far as I've seen is a bland 26 word statement on Twitter. Not a mention to the fans. After 13 years at the club, poor form that. Sounds like he can't get out quickly enough

It's a poor show, especially considering the nice message Osborne wrote when he left and he was only here for a few months.

Oh well, we move on with a game tonight and a chance for Sawyer to contribute to a rare clean sheet, something Purrington only managed once in his last 11 league games.

Its just not his personality to give it any trap he just puts his head down and gets on with doing the biz so its not surprising. He has thanked the fans after games on twitter numerous times, many fans are bombarding his social media with snake emojis at the moment to boot.

Sep 28, 2003
London
monkeywrench":3h1mnymt said:
Andy Holland":3h1mnymt said:

Why is it over-zealous Andy? The thread is 39 pages long, has been running for days and has had over 30000 views. I'd be extremely surprised is someone didn't know about it. Also there is a link to this thread on the main page.

Not to mention that he is, now, an Argyle old boy. So it's in the correct place, is it not?

Because clearly the thread is about ongoing issues at Argyle, it's not like it's a thread about Mark Edworthy or Jon Beswetherick.

E

Electronic

Andy Holland":16sxcwvx said:
monkeywrench":16sxcwvx said:
Andy Holland":16sxcwvx said:

Because clearly the thread is about ongoing issues at Argyle, it's not like it's a thread about Mark Edworthy or Jon Beswetherick.

I agree

E

Electronic

PL2 3DQ":2c5ckq1y said:
the_corkscrew":2c5ckq1y said:

Why is it a poor show? Maybe he is just keeping his counsel? Perhaps he felt unwanted by the club and has actually thought 'best to say nothing if there is nothing positive to say'.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
cheshiregreen":3algtv15 said:
Ben not in Rotherham match day 18 tonight at Forest.

Did you really think he would be? Be surprised if he makes the first team regularly this season - bought for the future.

I wonder if he is expecting to play?

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Pretty sure he joined too late to be included but as reading PASOTI it appears BP is on a par with McHugh and Satan we can all say he isn't good enough for Rotherham, he'll rot in the reserves and would have been better on staying at Argyle.....

Feb 28, 2016
Adam_R":1nkuq1c3 said:
Pretty sure he joined too late to be included but as reading PASOTI it appears BP is on a par with McHugh and Satan we can all say he isn't good enough for Rotherham, he'll rot in the reserves and would have been better on staying at Argyle.....

Its pathetic isn't it?!
Compare the amount of people putting, f*** off or snakes on his social media accounts with the messages of good luck or sad to see you go, over half are the former! Then compare that to Zach Clough, similar age to Purrington and been with Bolton from about the same age Ben was with us, who has just joined Forest. A few are calling him a snake etc. but the overall majority are positive and wishing him luck.

Jun 2, 2016
Clough is saying Nottingham Forest offer better prospects than Bolton. Purrington is saying Rotherham offer better prospects than Argyle.
Don't agree with any social media abuse, but we'll see who is right.