Q & A New Media set up. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Q & A New Media set up.

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
warney":1bkahjl3 said:
Are the club planning to have the service up and running for the pre-season friendlies as field test events prior to the starting of the season proper?

Yes we are.

ArgyleOfficial

May 13, 2020
Mint Green":fv0aydz2 said:
Firstly, as an ex-pat residing abroad in Cyprus I believe I have received good value for money with my ifollow season ticket this season. At the bare minimum, can this new service provide us with the same package inclusive of all home and away games?
Will you also be able to provide us with a streaming service for the Cup games?
When will we be informed of the costings for the new package?
Finally I have enjoyed the main commentary of Rob McNichol this season and would be happy for him to continue again next season and beyond.

Package details will be available soon for international subscribers.

Cup Games have different TV rights than EFL games so this will be in the hands of those rights holders.

Costings for packages will be released shortly.

We think Rob is great too :thumbup:

ArgyleOfficial

May 13, 2020
Nick Prideaux":lmbvaufd said:
How do we cease our ifollow subs renewal?

Existing iFollow monthly pass holders will see that no further payment is taken from their account by EFL Digital after 1 July, and pro-rata refunds will be issued to any supporter with existing value left in their subscription.

ArgyleOfficial

May 13, 2020
Mark_Smith":dsytkipt said:
Not that it would be a big deal to leave and rejoin, is it indeed time to stop the iFollow subscription? How far along the road to completion is this new service?

Maybe it’s a combination of my job and decades of supporting Argyle, but I tend to be a little sceptical about plans and promises until I see something real.

The only statement so far actually reads that the service “is *scheduled* to be up and running by the beginning of the 21/22 season.” The battle-weary and grizzled cynic in me (correction: that I am) can already hear how unfortunately “technical and contractual issues” have forced the club to delay the roll-out of the new platform.

Very Soon. Although the delivery of the website, app and streaming platform will be staged. The website will launch first.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I'm sure all Pasoti readers will join me in thanking ArgyleOfficial for the answers to our questions on the new streaming service.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
On listening to the interviews with the new players it sounds like they are being carried out by Charlie Price, who is / was at BBC Radio Devon and Spotlight. Is he now part of the media team or just on loan?

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Graham Clark":23q1fgoq said:
On listening to the interviews with the new players it sounds like they are being carried out by Charlie Price, who is / was at BBC Radio Devon and Spotlight. Is he now part of the media team or just on loan?

Charlie is no longer with the BBC, but don't know where he went from there.

ArgyleOfficial

May 13, 2020
kernow19":3oi955v3 said:
Graham Clark":3oi955v3 said:

Charlie is no longer with the BBC, but don't know where he went from there.

Pleased to say that Charlie is now part of the Media team at HP :cool:

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
ArgyleOfficial":2jo8ew3f said:
metroace":2jo8ew3f said:
Will users be able to "cast" the stream from their computer or devices to their television?

Unfortunately, this is not permitted under the existing TV rights deal.

We agree this would be a very useful addition and continue to lobby to make this happen.

Thank you for all the answers. This one in particular is hugely disappointing. The EFL really need to get into the 21st century! Thank you for continuing to lobby on this one, being able to easily watch on a TV is massively important to fans

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Is there any more information on the Pre-Show?

Is the pre-show going to be free to all? And then the User pays to watch the match separately?

And how much fan involvement is allowed to be in the pre-show? Are there interviews with fans etc?

Loving this direct communication from Argyle by the way :thumbs:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Kevin_Gollop":2e2oamlx said:
ArgyleOfficial":2e2oamlx said:
metroace":2e2oamlx said:
Will users be able to "cast" the stream from their computer or devices to their television?

We agree this would be a very useful addition and continue to lobby to make this happen.

Thank you for all the answers. This one in particular is hugely disappointing. The EFL really need to get into the 21st century! Thank you for continuing to lobby on this one, being able to easily watch on a TV is massively important to fans

Is this not because once they allow it to become technically possible to show on a large screen, it becomes difficult to stop illegal screening in pubs and clubs etc., something they don't have the recourses to police at the moment?

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1nqfq1k4 said:
Kevin_Gollop":1nqfq1k4 said:
ArgyleOfficial":1nqfq1k4 said:
metroace":1nqfq1k4 said:

Is this not because once they allow it to become technically possible to show on a large screen, it becomes difficult to stop illegal screening in pubs and clubs etc., something they don't have the recourses to police at the moment?

Maybe so, but if a pub wants to show a game illegally there are plenty of ways to do so already. Not sure why paying customers at home should be the ones who suffer

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
it's not too hard to plug a HDMI cable into a Laptop and have the TV as a 2nd screen and show it on there. (HDMI cable is juat £5 on amazon)

Hell, you could even buy a £60 Raspberry Pi and have it permanently behind the TV (I've got that instead of a freesat box and it transmits my satellite feed everywhere in the house - and outside for when I'm on the road with work).

I understand it's frustrating but there are plenty of simple and relatively inexpensive fixes.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Totally agree, there are plenty of ways to get it working. However last season I had every game on ifollow, £17 a home game as a season ticket holder and £10 for away games. That's the best part of £100 a month, or around three times the cost of Sky Sports. I myself sideloaded Google Chrome to my Android TV and used a Bluetooth mini keyword/mouse to operate it. I just feel if you're paying a premium we deserve premium service without workarounds.

There are no such limitations with Premier League games on NowTV or Amazon Prime, or FA Cup games on iPlayer or FA Player. You are right, it is bloody frustrating! Appreciate this is out of the clubs hands though, it's just a shame the new solution will have the same frustrating issue. Though it sounds like we will see improvements in areas that are under Argyle's control :thumbup: