Radio Devon BG.(Interview page 3 - merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Radio Devon BG.(Interview page 3 - merged)

Jul 10, 2011
Probably counting his money

Incidentally,I have been reading aboutQPR's administrator (an Argyle fan and local boy?) and the mention of a Joint Insolvency Monitoring Unit.

Are these people likely to be interested in the proceedings at HP?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
He's only got himself to blame.

It was posted about a month or so ago, that BG's peers had looked at the various bids and had come to the unanimous decision that the Brent bid was the best.

I still think that he has been put in this position by Ridsdale, who in turn is panicking about seeing his £4.2million disappearing out of the window.

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
Pilgrim_Joe":57sys86s said:
A brief summary for the exiles.

He feels this is the only deal. Only BIL would pay the exclusivity money. Very sure that the deal will go through. Still waiting on the FL for the Golden Share.

Didn't convince at all when probed as to whether BIL actually have the money to complete.

Lots of I have been assured.

My own opinion ...... BIL don't have a pot to pi$$ in :thumbdown:

Surely BG omitted 'agreed' from between 'would pay' seeing as they're 700 grand short on the exlusivity amount and there is no money in the pot for staff wages according to the Herald headline....

Time for Heaney to pay up or f00k off

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Peter_Jones":17d6d7x8 said:
I heard that.

Brendan sounded rather depressed. Then again, he often does.

He seems to be blaming the League for taking such a long time to do their due diligence. Shame the interviewer didn't point out to him that the time the process is taking is not entirely unconnected with the nature of the proposed deal, which is problematic for the League on grounds of the two clubs rule and lack of clarity of true ownership, inter alia.
I agree. I thought the interviewer, Matt ??, gave him an easy ride.

Jul 8, 2011
Kind of confused this morning. Reading the first line of the Herald story regarding BG statement yesterday it states that we need £275k to pay August wages etc. Yet only a few weeks ago the statement made by him to the potential rescue bid was the need to fund £400k for August.

How come a low figure for the PB and a higher figure for anyone else? This seems to be a common thread in this complete farce of moving goal posts and one rule for one and one for another. However, if this is only for wages and the pot is empty can we possibly assume that there was money in the pot say £125k (making up the £400k) but this has been pre-allocated for payments to BG and PR etc in priority over the staff and players? Just putting a few questions out there as the inconsistencies really do get on my nerves the longer this goes on.

A

Anonymous

I think the fact the Contingency Committee is teleconferencing tonight, says it all GG.

This is the end game, surely?

A

Anonymous

I felt rather sorry listening to Mr Guilfoyle on the radio this morning. He's clearly been terribly let down by Hinchcliffe and Ridsdale, who have wanted the Irish Bid to prevail from the start.

Hinchcliffe is the lawyer in the admin team. His advice about the financial credibility of "BIL" was accepted by Guilfoyle.
Problem is though, Hinchcliffe has also acted as Ridsdale's personal solicitor - so there is surely a conflict of interest there? Anyway, it now seems as though Guilfoyle's senior partner at P&A, who are reputed to have been worried about the "BIL" route from Day One, have basically told Brendan that "enough is enough", and to get this matter concluded with minimum damage to the partnership.

Brendan has to pretend all is well of course, to avoid a "run on the pound", and Ridsdale will in true Walter Mitty style still be promoting Heaney's ability to write out the cheque as though there were no problem. He's still dreaming of "living the dream".

However, it looks like that contingency plan will soon have to be explored properly. I just hope it isn't too late, despite all the hard work of James Brent and the rest of the group.

B

bandwagon

IJN":3slmjeau said:
I think the fact the Contingency Committee is teleconferencing tonight, says it all GG.

Is there a prayer smiley!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
bandwagon":2qlall8r said:
IJN":2qlall8r said:

Is there a prayer smiley!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the PB's have failed the make all the promised payments surely that is breech of contract? Brenda can tell them, to sod off. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A

Anonymous

GibGreen":2h3o9b5e said:
Indeed it does Ian.

Lets hope the Glorious 12th is just that as far as the Contigency Plan is concerned.

One further question. The SAP has a hard deadline of the 12th, with the clause to extend. Who activates that clause? BG, BIL or both?

Can BG say "enough is enough", or if BIL ask for a further extension, is BG contractually forced to oblige?

I suppose it's a question to which the answer is not known, but you never know.

It is understood that the 'extension clause' has to be agreed by both parties. It would appear that Brendan Guilfoyle has already indicated to BIL that he is inclined not to agree to an extension period.

Aug 19, 2009
There has never been any definate or concrete information coming from either the preferred bidders or the administrators, since this whole saga began.

Why leave it so late? - I just don't understand :crazy:

B

bandwagon

Andy_Symons":2rnqq11e said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14418090.stm

Oh my god, how does that guy earn £3 per hour let alone £300 - er, mmh, er f*ckin disgrace!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oct 22, 2009
Andy_S":tofbak7d said:

It was posted about a month or so ago, that BG's peers had looked at the various bids and had come to the unanimous decision that the Brent bid was the best.

I still think that he has been put in this position by Ridsdale, who in turn is panicking about seeing his £4.2million disappearing out of the window.

absolutely spot on

P

Paul_Roberts

northroadwest1":qctxltkr said:
Andy_S":qctxltkr said:

absolutely spot on

Not doubting you for a minute, Andy, but that surprises me considering Brent apparently wasn't prepared to pay a penny until completion.