Radio Devon BG.(Interview page 3 - merged) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Radio Devon BG.(Interview page 3 - merged)

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
My understanding is that originally Brent was not willing to fund an open ended administration process, instead he offered the administrator a fixed amount to get the job done. With hindsight, that seems a pretty sensible approach.
I may be wrong, but, I also understand his offer to the preferred creditors would have meant that the previous directors, who personally guaranteed the inflated mortgage on HP, having to make good their promises and dip into their own pockets to cover the shortfall.
From the outside, my impression is that JBs business sense is accurate and well-considered whereas Heaney appears an opportunist and a chancer.

bringonthemilkman":24z1ai1y said:
My understanding is that originally Brent was not willing to fund an open ended administration process, instead he offered the administrator a fixed amount to get the job done. With hindsight, that seems a pretty sensible approach.
I may be wrong, but, I also understand his offer to the preferred creditors would have meant that the previous directors, who personally guaranteed the inflated mortgage on HP, having to make good their promises and dip into their own pockets to cover the shortfall.
From the outside, my impression is that JBs business sense is accurate and well-considered whereas Heaney appears an opportunist and a chancer.

Bear in mind JB was the preferred bidder right up until the night before the cva meeting. There was also another bid that came to the table and matching jb's initial offer who were told that they weren't going to be considered.