Randell playing for Torquay in National League Play Offs | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Randell playing for Torquay in National League Play Offs

Aug 5, 2016
Mark Pedlar":1blp8tzv said:
Being totally selfish, wouldn't it be better for us if they stay down? Would a league 2 team want our youth players?

Agreed. Randell might make the step up to League Two but not many others would.

It is in Argyle's interests that Torquay stay where they are.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knibbsworth":5v7vmzl5 said:
Mark Pedlar":5v7vmzl5 said:
Being totally selfish, wouldn't it be better for us if they stay down? Would a league 2 team want our youth players?

I think you are correct. If Torquay gained League status I expect a good few spectators who live in that direction could well drift back to them and forsake Argyle, which would reduce average gate proceeds. I also think their present status is ideal for young Argyle players to play for on loan basis. viz. Adam Randell and Law.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Quintrell_Green":1nqtbsaq said:
Knibbsworth":1nqtbsaq said:
Mark Pedlar":1nqtbsaq said:

I think you are correct. If Torquay gained League status I expect a good few spectators who live in that direction could well drift back to them and forsake Argyle, which would reduce average gate proceeds. I also think their present status is ideal for young Argyle players to play for on loan basis. viz. Adam Randell and Law.
Very petty and parochial to not want to see Torquay back in the FL.

Before Randell, which Argyle youngster had a successful loan spell at Plaimoor?

I doubt there's very many fans in the South Brent/Totnes/Newton Abbott areas torn between us and them.

Truro City or even Parkway are good clubs to give youngsters experience of Senior football. If Argyle do get back to the Championship, a local League 2 club would be a good option for us to loan young players.

Having 3 FL clubs in Devon makes us look a little less isolated as the most westerly outpost.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I dont get this talk of Torquay "bottling it" at all.

Yesterday was the first bad result they've had in ages, and the odd bad result can happen to anyone. The other 2 draws they had before that were against 8th placed Bromley and 3rd placed Stockport - not disgraceful results at all. They're also unbeaten in nearly 2 months.

It does look now that they'll need the playoffs though, but I think they've got a great chance in them.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Knibbsworth":16o9blcp said:
Mark Pedlar":16o9blcp said:

I’d say the opposite. If we are to
Have an excellent academy we need somewhere higher than national league to be able to send our loan players. We’ve got a good relationship and history with Torquay to do welll for both clubs. It also wouldn’t hurt to have a local pre-season friendly against a L2 team either.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Sutton United winning 3-0 so set to seal the automatic promotion spot. Congratulations to them, hope Torquay can do it in the play offs.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Sutton has 9 points from it's last 3 games, Torquay and Stockport have 3 points from their last 3 games a difference of 6 points Sutton have a 5 point lead with one game to play. Sutton are the Champs and automatic promotion, Torquay and Stockport playoffs.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Argylegames":gn7yyl3v said:
They were 10(?) points clear at Christmas Dan!
They were 6 points clear, having played a game more than 2nd place and with only a third of the season gone. They started exceptionally well but were never going to maintain such a ridiculous level of form over the course of the season. 12 games unbeaten isn't a bottlejob.

Aug 5, 2016
JannerinCardiff":2xni5gj7 said:
Knibbsworth":2xni5gj7 said:
Mark Pedlar":2xni5gj7 said:

I’d say the opposite. If we are to
Have an excellent academy we need somewhere higher than national league to be able to send our loan players. We’ve got a good relationship and history with Torquay to do welll for both clubs. It also wouldn’t hurt to have a local pre-season friendly against a L2 team either.

Considering our first team is literally only 6 points above being a League Two team, I would say it is fanciful to consider League Two the ideal level for our youth team prospects to go and cut their teeth. How decent do you think our academy is?

If Torquay wanted to stay in the Football League, they wouldn’t be building their team around Finley Craske, Brandon Pursall and Jarvis Cleal.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Anyone know when Torquay are playing their match in the playoffs?? - I’d quite like to watch to see how Randell plays..

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":exn7ysw6 said:
Anyone know when Torquay are playing their match in the playoffs?? - I’d quite like to watch to see how Randell plays..
As they'll finish second they'll be playing the winners of 5th v 6th on 12th June at 1200. Win that one and they'll play the final on 20th June at 2pm.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Keepitgreen":1o3ulqgf said:
JannerinCardiff":1o3ulqgf said:
As they'll finish second they'll be playing the winners of 5th v 6th on 12th June at 1200. Win that one and they'll play the final on 20th June at 2pm.

Cheers bud

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":iqzxqxxs said:
Keepitgreen":iqzxqxxs said:
JannerinCardiff":iqzxqxxs said:

Cheers bud
You can then watch Italy v Wales at 5pm on the 20th :)

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":1tvpmzr7 said:
JannerinCardiff":1tvpmzr7 said:
Keepitgreen":1tvpmzr7 said:
JannerinCardiff":1tvpmzr7 said:

Cheers bud
You can then watch Italy v Wales at 5pm on the 20th :)

But I`ve got no interest in Italy Bob.