Rate the Ref v Peterborough - Craig Hicks | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v Peterborough - Craig Hicks

Rate the Ref v Peterborough

Votes: 11 8.0%

Votes: 14 10.2%

Votes: 28 20.4%

Votes: 22 16.1%

Votes: 30 21.9%

Votes: 12 8.8%

Votes: 9 6.6%

Votes: 3 2.2%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2011
10 from me any ref that sends off two of the opposition and awards a late demport end penalty is welcome back anytime. :crazy:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I don’t think he was as bad as some on here are suggesting. I’m not sure why he let play continue for so long before issuing the first red card, though.

Interesting that he also officiated the Fleetwood home game when we lost and Pasoti posters gave him 8/10.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Duncan Rice":3svdtzz5 said:
He got ALL the big calls right. Not great 1st half but got a grip 2nd, lesser refs would have lost it. For a 1st seson ref, handled a par for the course Evans team well in the end. Will ref at a much higher level.

I agree. Unfair, over the top, criticism of a first year ref. That would have tested far more experienced refs. I liked the fact that he allowed Carey to put the ball in front of the spot, after the scuffing incident, despite Posh players protesting.

Apr 9, 2011
Very good highlights on goal rush. Quite clearly Carey was barged into off the ball was it a sending off ?? As for the penalty their guy barged straight into Oscar IMO penalty .As for the pillock scuffing the penalty spot he got all he asked for . The pundits did have sympathy with the antics of Evans at the final whistle , they thought ref had lost the plot

Aug 14, 2014
I believe he will make it to Premier League standard. Dealt with Evans early on, an impossible task to stop him complaining. Luckily first half he was even-handed and Ness survived with just a yellow, thanks to Posh fouls of similar viciousness. Second half complaints and mouthing was coming in from both sides, and who is to say Clarke said one word or insult too many, after all the perbatrator par excellence of such is his manager. The first red offence, I moved my eyes on with the ball. Clarke's dismissal took guts and has been long overdue, gamesmanship in obstructing the restarting of the game has crept back into the game after its near irradication some years back.
His decision making was relatively consistent throughout, in particular the pushing and backing in of the central defenders and forwards is a nightmare to sort out.

A

andyr1963

Poor performance that the ref and his linesmen will have to put down to "experience" Poor man management from the start, poor decisions given against both teams, just glad we came out on top. The ref's multiple incorrect decisions have had a positive effect on our league position and a negative one on the Boro manager. :scarf:

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Poor overall - how he didn't at least book Fox in the second half on the edge of our box only he knows.

Then at the end when Grant went through and got chopped down he gave nothing. Scared to give 3 reds in one game?

No choice but to give the pen really or the second red as the lino told him about Taylor's indiscretion. Taylor looked like he was trying to get sent off all game.

Lots of other things badly handled, not least not giving one free kick for central defenders manhandling Taylor (or for that matter when our CBs did it to Posh which was rarer)

Not sure why anyone can say he was OK

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
WidewellGreen":1a5aj2wq said:
Duncan Rice":1a5aj2wq said:
He got ALL the big calls right. Not great 1st half but got a grip 2nd, lesser refs would have lost it. For a 1st seson ref, handled a par for the course Evans team well in the end. Will ref at a much higher level.

Wrong. The Ref wasn't even looking at the players for the first Red. He went off the reaction of the player and fans. The lino didn't flag for it either. He was totally inept for both sides.
Steve Evans seemed pretty confident that the fourth official made the decision so not sure why you've ignored that option.

Aug 14, 2014
Why look for the positives in a referee who has the thankless task of doing his best? Out there with no one on his side, any help he can get from his fellow officials should be gratefully taken as all 4 are neutral and professional. Ignore the likes of Evans and all other of the 91 managers whose judgement and sincerity is continually exposed by cameras (and will be even more so by the camera officials if the Rugby Union/League procedures are adopted) if they were all in any other jobs instant dismissal would be the inevitable consequence. The mindset of most managers is totally outdated. Judge the single event not what has gone before and evaded justice, plus being unaccountable in common law for their slanderous utterings which in any other BUSINESS would have severe consequences.
The sweet FA and FIFA lack the gumption to support the only man on the field with any semblance of integrity, so let's stop pretending we are all watching a SPORT.

Oct 24, 2010
Sadly missed the game on Saturday due to a family commitment but the referee got right pretty much all the incidents in the highlights (including the clip on the other thread). The one I would question is the "clothesline" Ness took from Taylor, from what the video showed that could well have been a straight red. The red card which Evans is bellyaching about was red or at a minimum a yellow so as his player was already booked he would have got a red anyway.