Reid linked with Sheffield U | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid linked with Sheffield U

G

Greenskin

Cerbera":1or5v882 said:
He came to us in the first place because nobody else wanted him.
What has changed for the better since?
As far as I can see his stock (outside of Argyle) has fallen further. Presiding over relegation is hardly something you'd plaster all over your CV is it?

Perhaps not.But then,it may just be that some people may take into account other factors,such as a 10 point deduction and the loss of several key players due to circumstances beyond the managers control, before making a balanced judgement of his tenure at Argyle.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Cerbera":11yys9rb said:
As far as I can see his stock (outside of Argyle) has fallen further. Presiding over relegation is hardly something you'd plaster all over your CV is it?

You're joking right??? So you must have missed all the positive publicity he's had in the national newspapers, Sky TV and all that then?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I can't see Reidy going to Sheff United even if he was offered the chance, as there is no real reason for him to go, they are in the same situation as we were at the begining of this year...

Unless Reid wants a chance to do over this season thenthere is no more potential at Sheff United than here (other than them being in league 1 and us in league 2), however they will have to sell their best players as we did this season and will have little in way of a budget to replace them.

Anyway there are other managers in for the Sheff Utd job which would be prefered to Reid :grin: plus that means we have a list of candidates sorted if Reid does leave, all those on Sheff Utd's list of managers could replace Reidy :wink:

Mar 23, 2008
Plympton
I am very positive that Reid will be here next season as I wouldn't put him down as the type to leave when he's got unfinished business here. I'd like to think he wouldn't just walk out on us.

Feb 3, 2009
Even when everything was against him this season; PR tried to get those players available to him, to get the ball on the ground and play attractive football. With the young players coming through into the first team squad and the loan of quality young players, his task in coaching this type of play will be much easier and I believe very successful.
I would also like to see Carl Fletcher appointed Assisatant Manager / Player, an ideal candidate for the top job if we did loose Peter. :mrgreen:

monkeywrench":21awea4j said:
Cerbera":21awea4j said:

You're joking right??? So you must have missed all the positive publicity he's had in the national newspapers, Sky TV and all that then?

And that without the 10 point deduction we'd not have been relegated. Loose your best players and not even be able to get loaners in (let alone buy anybody or anything), I'd say he did a bloody good job.

Sep 28, 2003
London
USAGreen":2dlggj6e said:
monkeywrench":2dlggj6e said:
Cerbera":2dlggj6e said:

And that without the 10 point deduction we'd not have been relegated. Loose your best players and not even be able to get loaners in (let alone buy anybody or anything), I'd say he did a bloody good job.

We went down, how can anyone call that a good job???

Even with the point deduction we would have had a crap season. Reid has been fantastic in everything he's done, except sorting the team out.

I really don't understand the deification of Reid on here.

Cornish Ciderman":156xk7u9 said:
Even when everything was against him this season; PR tried to get those players available to him, to get the ball on the ground and play attractive football. With the young players coming through into the first team squad and the loan of quality young players, his task in coaching this type of play will be much easier and I believe very successful.
I would also like to see Carl Fletcher appointed Assisatant Manager / Player, an ideal candidate for the top job if we did loose Peter. :mrgreen:

What level coach is Carl?

M

MylesPAFC

Suddenly jumped up in the odds to become next West Ham manager, wasn't even given odds by most bookies now he is 10/1. SSN have had people on there saying that he would be there first choice. Can't see it myself, but would be a very good move for Peter, would have thought Hughton or Oneil will be the next manager for them though. But, this is a sign of things to come.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Andy Holland":202mymkm said:
We went down, how can anyone call that a good job???

Even with the point deduction we would have had a crap season. Reid has been fantastic in everything he's done, except sorting the team out.

I really don't understand the deification of Reid on here.

Absolutely. Deserves every plaudit for the way he has handled himself but still lots to prove as a manager.