Relegation here we come | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Relegation here we come

Jan 30, 2016
The performance over the last two games was not bad.Just a couple of howlers that let us down. I feel the we need to get past the post over the next 4 games because we have a difficult rub in April/May.

I have to say that I enjoy the style of football that Lowe is trying to play. It's just that he does not have the right fit of players, especially at wing back, to play in his way. I think that a taller front man would help as we offer no threat at all in the air.

Lets get these few points that we need then play some of the youngsters such as Lolos and Tomlinson.

Doyley43

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
AlanMS":2kigdlox said:
The performance over the last two games was not bad.Just a couple of howlers that let us down. I feel the we need to get past the post over the next 4 games because we have a difficult rub in April/May.

I have to say that I enjoy the style of football that Lowe is trying to play. It's just that he does not have the right fit of players, especially at wing back, to play in his way. I think that a taller front man would help as we offer no threat at all in the air.

Lets get these few points that we need then play some of the youngsters such as Lolos and Tomlinson.

I agree with this

Oct 14, 2015
At the moment we need everything possible to be in our favour to get the much needed 3pts which would probably secure our position in League 1. It maybe a positive but Joe Day, the Bristol Rovers regular keeper, on loan to them since January from Cardiff was sent off last night making him unavailable to play against us.

argyleforever":u7zbnmr7 said:
Personally i don't think the players want to play for LOWE or the green shirt either for that matter!

Whatā€™s your evidence? Can you give me one sensible reason why any player would deliberately put in a poor performance which could affect his career, whether intending to stay with Argyle or not.

Dec 30, 2020
There are currently 6 teams running at less than a point per game. At least three of them would have to better this in the run-in to overtake Argyle, assuming we lose all ten of our remaining games.

In other words, even if we lose every game (which would amount to 15 straight defeats) the odds are that we would still survive. It would take three bad teams to all suddenly start playing better than they have for three quarters of the season to send us down.

Jul 12, 2016
philevs":20ep2tai said:
Iā€™ve just been greatly cheered by RLā€™s post-match, in which he says something like ā€œthe lads are down, but itā€™s my job to lift them upā€, and that heā€™s pleased with the effort put in last night, this is what I wanted to hear from him, manager and team working together and not manager blaming the players, I think weā€™ll be ok now thatā€™s happening.
We will see on Saturday. You have more faith than me.

Dec 29, 2011
I don't want to be the harpinger of doom but our final 2 fixtures in March 2021 are exactly the same as 18/19 season.Surely lightning cannot strike twice.
A positive is if we can draw both games 2.2 this season, that might just be enough to keep us up?

Dec 21, 2010
I am still eating humble pie for publicly stating we would not go down under Adams when we needed something like 6 points from our last 8 games. While it seems impossible for us to implode more horribly than that season, I am currently a very worried Argyle fan. It needs some Luggy like "blood and snotters" from here on in.

Jul 3, 2013
argyleforever":brusfsv8 said:
Personally i don't think the players want to play for LOWE or the green shirt either for that matter!

Biggest load of nonsense posted all season

Jun 24, 2008
Thats the spirit!! :roll:

Some drama queens on here... The lads ARE playing for Lowe and we'll be fine. We've generally performed well most of the season, we're having our second bad spell of the season but I'm confident the players will turn it around.

We've been mid table, flirted with the thought of pushing for the playoffs but generally, mid table to above relegation would still be a good outcome for our return to League 1 as we continue to build.

Stay calm.

Aug 5, 2015
I think the difference this time is that we donā€™t have a number of big time Charlies who think they know more than the manager and think theyā€™re bigger than the club. Plus weā€™ve already played Accrington!

Jul 12, 2016
Kentishgreen":1yzpgfd2 said:
I think the difference this time is that we donā€™t have a number of big time Charlies who think they know more than the manager and think theyā€™re bigger than the club. Plus weā€™ve already played Accrington!

We may not have "big time charlies" but we seem to have rookies who are not capable of playing the way Lowe insists.
The chances of relegation may be small but let's just get to 50 points. We don't want to be in a position where we are relying
on others.

PutneyPete

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
ā™£ļø PASALB Member
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Promoted from League 2 to League 1 2019 - 2020

(positions as at 17th March 2021)

Swindon Town 24th .
Crewe Alexandra 15th.