Replay to be televised? (Live on BT Sport 17 Dec) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Replay to be televised? (Live on BT Sport 17 Dec)

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
WoodfordWall":328h55an said:
£15 for a televised cup-replay is a bit of a liberty. Should have offered season ticket holders a discount, other clubs do. Hopefully the greed will be rewarded by a low crowd.

£15 for a live game of football against higher league opposition in our newly upgraded grandstand or even seeing the grandstand full from the other parts of the ground is really not that bad. A competitive game and not a friendly tippy tippy affair is what the FA cup should be about.

And thank you, you’ve brought up my bugbear of higher clubs giving away tickets for next to nothing so I can answer.

When we played Liverpool, although I can’t remember the pricing there was much said about how cheap it was to visit Anfield. Sadly though, this is/was not due to Liverpool wanting as many Argyle fans (or any lower league fans) to have that experience. It was simply because Liverpool or Man United or whoever in the premier league do give away cup tickets as part of the season ticket price. As these teams cannot guarantee a home tie it would still befall the Liverpool fans to purchase away tickets but really, my bugbear is that any competitive game at Anfield, Old Trafford etc should come at a premium rate. So why do the Prem clubs do it? It’s because when they sell their away allocation for next to nothing and as they’ve already given away their allocation as freebies they have less to pay out for clubs that might well need that money more than they do.

I bet, we make more money from having Exeter down at home park than we did in the Liverpool tie (extra seats notwithstanding).

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
WoodfordWall":p0jcidjh said:
£15 for a televised cup-replay is a bit of a liberty. Should have offered season ticket holders a discount, other clubs do. Hopefully the greed will be rewarded by a low crowd.

I think the FA rules stipulate that replay prices have to be the same as the original tie, at the Memorial stadium an adult ticket was £15 and £10 depending on the location in the stadium.

Apr 4, 2015
WoodfordWall":10ouwm3t said:

wrong on every level. im a season tkt holder and am more than happy to pay £15, ive paid £17 for me and 2 kids to go and I think its great value. the owner is putting his money where his mouth is and we as fans have to support his vision.

Apr 4, 2015
Ade the green":3hypmgdv said:
WoodfordWall":3hypmgdv said:

£15 for a live game of football against higher league opposition in our newly upgraded grandstand or even seeing the grandstand full from the other parts of the ground is really not that bad. A competitive game and not a friendly tippy tippy affair is what the FA cup should be about.

And thank you, you’ve brought up my bugbear of higher clubs giving away tickets for next to nothing so I can answer.

When we played Liverpool, although I can’t remember the pricing there was much said about how cheap it was to visit Anfield. Sadly though, this is/was not due to Liverpool wanting as many Argyle fans (or any lower league fans) to have that experience. It was simply because Liverpool or Man United or whoever in the premier league do give away cup tickets as part of the season ticket price. As these teams cannot guarantee a home tie it would still befall the Liverpool fans to purchase away tickets but really, my bugbear is that any competitive game at Anfield, Old Trafford etc should come at a premium rate. So why do the Prem clubs do it? It’s because when they sell their away allocation for next to nothing and as they’ve already given away their allocation as freebies they have less to pay out for clubs that might well need that money more than they do.

I bet, we make more money from having Exeter down at home park than we did in the Liverpool tie (extra seats notwithstanding).

I dont know about Liverpool but Man Utd season tkt holders are forced to pay for all cup tkts on top of their season tkt.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
freddie2greens":3bnibul0 said:
Ade the green":3bnibul0 said:
WoodfordWall":3bnibul0 said:

I dont know about Liverpool but Man Utd season tkt holders are forced to pay for all cup tkts on top of their season tkt.

If memory serves I think Liverpool dropped the prices to get people in as they were expecting a lower turnout. Might be wrong though

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Some of these replies are astonishing. Greed!?! The prices have been reduced, kids are £1 too. Hopefully Simon and Jane won't take offence and pull the plug on their investments (of millions in case you hadn't realised).

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Monster Green":ij5scqml said:
Some of these replies are astonishing. Greed!?! The prices have been reduced, kids are £1 too. Hopefully Simon and Jane won't take offence and pull the plug on their investments (of millions in case you hadn't realised).

Regrettably there are a number of people who take every opportunity to moan about things at Home Park.

Probably the same ones who expect us to be splashing the cash on players etc as long as someone else is paying for it.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I guess it is a week later than the other replays because BT have the Champions League this week but it does mean that the Grimsby game could have been slotted in on 10th December. However who could have foreseen that that day wouldn't be needed for a possible FA Cup replay? TV even stitches up clubs at this level.