Riddler to leave soon/will he stay as Chairman? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Riddler to leave soon/will he stay as Chairman?

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
Chris Webb":2n0fsv4b said:
This thread/story gives no new news.

JB offered PR a 3 month role as the temporary Chair. PR turned it down but agreed a 3 months consultancy role. That is what was reported on Friday and hasn't as of yet changed.
My mistake.
To be fair the article does say "Then, on Friday, Ridsdale announced he would not be staying at Argyle when Brent's takeover is finalised, probably by the middle of the next month." It implies that he will be gone next month, and there is no mention of the three months consultancy.

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
totnes comie mike":280gnz17 said:
after all the talk about risdales wages i wonder how much the new set up will be able to pay the next chairman,ive no idear how much the going rate is?to get a top football man through the door wont be cheap,personally i think we should try somthing differant,mr brent seams to want the fans involved,could the trust or the GT S provide the answer?i think so,

Let's hope not, all for having the fans involved but not on the board, plus we wouldn't get to hear any more about what is going on, so qualified people only on the board for me.

Oct 22, 2009
X Isle":34opsee4 said:
It just serves to underline the problem and also the lucky escape we've had (hopefully - I take nothing for granted).

Despite weasel words of 'reluctance' and 'walking holidays' Ridsdale has only ever been here for money. I should imagine in the 'failure to reach agreement over a three month stay' went a little something like this.............

JB - "Would you be up for a three month period as chairman when I take over?".

PR - "Certianly JB, that'll be £60,000 please".

JB - "I see, in that case you'll be familar with where the exits are by now i'm sure".

*IF* Ridsdale was in this for any form of alturistic purpose, any form of gesture to the club then with no other job in football drawing him away he'd accept a transitional post to smooth the process, costs simply wouldn't be an issue. He isn't however prepared to do that, the speed that he's now prepared to ditch Argyle exposes more than ever the wolf under the sheeps clothing........

..........but you just know that his memoirs and the fearless partnership will spin his involvement at Home Park from a horrendous trail of glaring pooh into a glourious tale of daring doo.

Wucking Fanker :wave:.

Spot on again x isle

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
sharkbait":xe12sksk said:
totnes comie mike":xe12sksk said:
after all the talk about risdales wages i wonder how much the new set up will be able to pay the next chairman,ive no idear how much the going rate is?to get a top football man through the door wont be cheap,personally i think we should try somthing differant,mr brent seams to want the fans involved,could the trust or the GT S provide the answer?i think so,

Let's hope not, all for having the fans involved but not on the board, plus we wouldn't get to hear any more about what is going on, so qualified people only on the board for me.
i see your point but it depends what you meen by qualified,what qualifies you to be a chairman?i personally think its time to try something differant,i like the idear of havin a say,and it would still leave room for other(qualified) board members and at this point in time would get strong backing from the fan base,(just reading between the lines after mr brents speach on saturday?)

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Typical mis-information, all too prevalent on PASOTI.

Risadale wanted to own his own club and he thought it could have been Argyle - That does'nt make him a bad person.

For Risdale to have made any money out of it would probably have required Argyle to get back into the Championship at least - Is anyone not happy with that?

Whilst I welcome James Brent as the likely new owner, I think the very best we can expect for the forseeable future is mid-table League 2 at best - Is anyone happy with that?

Maybe some people are happy with that modest scenario because James Brent seems such a nice bloke compared to the almost-villainous and more ambitious Risdale.

But after the mess left by Gardner, Todd, Kagami, Stapleton and Sturrock, none of us will ever know what may have happened to our club without his involvement.

I doubt we would still have had a club to support.

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
demportdave":2zqozeqa said:
Risadale wanted to own his own club and he thought it could have been Argyle - That does'nt make him a bad person.
It does when he gambled with the club's survival. Four months of pushing the Heaney bid, when he knew, better than we did, that Heaney had no money. Just to insure he got the club for £1. The Heaney bid would not have been entertained by Brenda, if Riddler had not put forward his scheme for owning the club.

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
The Monaco mission shows him for what he truly is!

I hear Coventry is good for a walking holiday this time of year ;)

It's next month on Saturday :wave: :wave:

B

bandwagon

MarkinMelbourne":26ix93o5 said:

Are you saying he's a pancake flipper!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bye, bye Mr Ridsdale - if you can get on the Parkway, head north!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
MarkinMelbourne":dwlbana1 said:

Something to do with Lady Godiva? :) :) :)

demportdave":3fx0xcz6 said:
Typical mis-information, all too prevalent on PASOTI.

Whilst I welcome James Brent as the likely new owner, I think the very best we can expect for the forseeable future is mid-table League 2 at best - Is anyone happy with that?

Not sure I totally agree with that demport -sturrock took us from the bottom of L2 to the championship (well almost) without spending barely anything, so it can be done. The real damage was done to the club when we had other chancers in the hot seat who thought they could make a buck or two, and we all know what happened then don't we...

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
demportdave":2bmnkhr9 said:

I am. I think what this club needs is a couple of seasons to get back on a decent footing and become stable, financially and on the playing field, before looking at building for the future.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
demportdave":1qe5s3e2 said:

I think living within our means will make a refreshing change. Also lets not forget that we managed to get promotion from this league before on a low budget, it could happen again one day.

Apr 26, 2011
Saltash
bandwagon":2i314aym said:
Bye, bye Mr Ridsdale - if you can get on the Parkway, head north!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

The Parkway goes East/West :roll: apologies for being pedantic, but we wouldn't want to inflict him on Tavistock ;)

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Mr Ridsdale, who is due at Cardiff Magistrates' Court today on fraud and trading charges stemming from a controversial season ticket scheme run while he was chairman of Cardiff City, is instead set to continue in a consultancy role.

Part one of that sentence just doesn't fit with the second part.