RL big week for incomings ( it has to be) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RL big week for incomings ( it has to be)

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Emu":c5i77dk4 said:
Stiffler":c5i77dk4 said:
RKB":c5i77dk4 said:
Basically, the starting X1 at the moment more or less picks itself;

GK Cooper
CB Wootton
CB Canavan
CB Sawyer
DM C.Grant
RWB Riley
CM Sarcevic
CM Purrington
LWB Smith-Brown
CF Taylor
CF Ladapo

And when Ladapo goes that leaves Dyson to replace him and Moore as the odd one out.
If Letheren signs, I would argue 1CB, 2CM, 2 more forward-thinking WB's, and 2 CF.

I would be very suprised if more than 2 of that list are regular starters next season if Lowe is to play like he did last season. Hopefully Jordan Rossiter is one of his loan signings to play alongside Sarcevic

Agreed. 2 or 3 max of those players listed will be starters.

I dunno, both strikers are good pedigree for L2, but Ladapo most certainly off.

Sarcevic will likely be in the midfield. If fit Riley and Canavan are reasonable players who will do alright in L2. Smith-brown again could thrive in the wb role, he has talent and hopefully will improve.

Others agree Sawyer has the attributes to suit a 3 man defence, more so than as a left back imo.

If Wootton is in that defence though, the trap door beckons. The writing was on the wall when he was torn apart by a side which went on to be relegated to the conference.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d really like to see Conor Grant to start as LWB. He looked awesome at LB last season before he got injured. He’s also excellent at dead balls and given we’ve no other left footed player that can take a dead ball he is a must for me to start in the 1st XI.

Oct 31, 2015
RKB":3sdnzuu9 said:
Basically, the starting X1 at the moment more or less picks itself;

GK Cooper
CB Wootton
CB Canavan
CB Sawyer
DM C.Grant
RWB Riley
CM Sarcevic
CM Purrington
LWB Smith-Brown
CF Taylor
CF Ladapo

And when Ladapo goes that leaves Dyson to replace him and Moore as the odd one out.
If Letheren signs, I would argue 1CB, 2CM, 2 more forward-thinking WB's, and 2 CF.

And people say the squad is stronger now than when the last management change happened :facepalm:

Deluded

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
SwimWithTheTide":42fe1v0f said:
If Lowe is looking to continue to 3-5-2 then Sawyer would do a reasonable L2 job in the 3 imo. He proved himself a pretty good centre back previously, less exposed to 1 v 1 foot races against tricky widemen.

Canavan was a decent enough defender when fit last season. He's played his whole career at league one level, he'll do fine in L2. Wootton on the other hand, wouldn't have him for my local village team. I cannot believe how relatively young he is, he's less mobile than Guy Branston! We'll need at least 2 centre backs.

We'll need midfielders also, with only Sarce the recognised centre mid. We were light in midfield last season and once one of Sarce, Ness or Fox were unavailable we'd struggle. So likely need 2 or 3 central midfielders.

We'll need wingers, at least one for each flank as we've currently got none I believe. Joel Grant is a reasonable squad option if he signs on, but I wouldn't be looking at him as a starter.

Should Freddie likely go then a striker will need to be added. Maynard rumours suggests strong options are being sought, let's hope we get the ball rolling with contracts being signed. I can imagine it's fairly hard to convince players to join a club that's with such uncertainty over squad, a bit of a catch-22.

Doesnt matter who's in charge if we haven't got anyone around to kick the ball.
Agree with all that. If Freddie leaves then we'll need another couple of strikers, and if Taylor leaves we'll need 3 strikers.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
JannerinCardiff":tjxushho said:
I’d really like to see Conor Grant to start as LWB. He looked awesome at LB last season before he got injured. He’s also excellent at dead balls and given we’ve no other left footed player that can take a dead ball he is a must for me to start in the 1st XI.
Agree he was probably one of the better ones last season I think. He'd be a good replacement to Carey to take the set-pieces also. Probably the only one that I want to keep from the team next season and that I want to see more of.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Far too injury prone

P

PAFC Galactico

Rumour on Bury forum that Dom Telford could be on the way to us. Apparently a post from someone in the know on their Facebook fan page.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Greenarmy99":2187b6ma said:
Rumour on Bury forum that Dom Telford could be on the way to us. Apparently a post from someone in the know on their Facebook fan page.

Is he a centre half?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
JannerinCardiff":1sfqte8s said:
Greenarmy99":1sfqte8s said:

Is he a centre half?

Striker

Feb 15, 2005
Yes we need to get some new blood in but surely it’s better to wait and get good players who will improve this squad rather than do what we did last year and get players in who didn’t feature. RL will need to assess the current crop of players as well so he may we’ll wait till closer to the season starting or the first few weeks to sign folk on.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
davie nine":392jbfh9 said:
Not a prolific goal scorer for a striker. 6 from 38 since 2018.
You’ve been on Wiki too….. not someone to get the pulse racing on the face of it – “used mainly from the subs bench” – called “Mr Checkatrade” apparently …….. then again Freddie’s stats were pretty dire before he joined us – 6 from his previous 42 according to Wiki and RL knows him much better than we do – so happy to trust his judgement – in fact I’d be happy to see any signings at the moment.