RL's interviews | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RL's interviews

Sep 2, 2008
Rush Goalie":1milz3h7 said:
I just really hope there is a combination of results this weekend which means we cannot go down.

I think everyone - fans, players, management, administration - need to be able to draw a line under this season and re-group for brighter days ahead.

Fair comment. Draw a line and hopefully Lowe can show us next season that he has actually learned something. When all is said and done, things could have turned out a lot worse.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
charlieboy":1exkmh7q said:
His man management is really poor

Several of Lowe's current and former players have spoken openly about how good Lowe's man management is. Can you back up why you think his man management is really poor?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Cobi Budge":37p8dsqi said:
charlieboy":37p8dsqi said:

Several of Lowe's current and former players have spoken openly about how good Lowe's man management is. Can you back up why you think his man management is really poor?

it would be very interesting to learn from those players just how they consider RL's man management is good. Is it because he is chummy with everybody and does no rollicking sessions in front of the squad at large. If so, can it be judged as a success? On the other hand, as we have seen at Spurs, Mourinho was more distant from his players, especially so if he thought they were thought to be lazy. As a result, he gets the boot. It raises the question is there a right way, or is there a wrong way? I would suggest it depends upon the sensitivities of the individuals in the squad, are they performing and winning matches?

Cobi Budge

Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":26ecreb2 said:
Cobi Budge":26ecreb2 said:
charlieboy":26ecreb2 said:

it would be very interesting to learn from those players just how they consider RL's man management is good. Is it because he is chummy with everybody and does no rollicking sessions in front of the squad at large. If so, can it be judged as a success? On the other hand, as we have seen at Spurs, Mourinho was more distant from his players, especially so if he thought they were thought to be lazy. As a result, he gets the boot. It raises the question is there a right way, or is there a wrong way? I would suggest it depends upon the sensitivities of the individuals in the squad, are they performing and winning matches?

I donā€™t think thereā€™s a right way or a wrong way, as long as you keep your players performing & on side to avoid what happened the last time we were in League 1, and that even when youā€™re not performing you still maintain a collective togetherness. Whilst we definitely arenā€™t performing at the moment, Iā€™ve never felt as if thereā€™s a rift or a toxicity at the club, as I have done before.

Jul 12, 2016
Cobi Budge":3b7wsi5z said:
charlieboy":3b7wsi5z said:

Tuesday nights no show for starters!

Jul 12, 2016
Quintrell_Green":i6wuwlzt said:
Cobi Budge":i6wuwlzt said:
charlieboy":i6wuwlzt said:

I agree his man management could be seen as good by some players because he is a soft touch. A line should be drawn between being one of the boys and being the boss.

Jan 27, 2012
What Lowe says to the media and what actually happens behind the scenes are probably two very different things !

What really matters are the performances on the pitch. If Argyle stay up then Lowe would have done OK and the entire focus will be on next season.

Cobi Budge

Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
gaspargomez":9822adr1 said:
What Lowe says to the media and what actually happens behind the scenes are probably two very different things !

What really matters are the performances on the pitch. If Argyle stay up then Lowe would have done OK and the entire focus will be on next season.

Yep, a nutshell. It's been a satisfactory transitional season and this Summer is huge.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge":1b9tmtyl said:
gaspargomez":1b9tmtyl said:

Yep, a nutshell. It's been a satisfactory transitional season and this Summer is huge.

I try not to criticise too much.
I am a supporter we are a work in progress.
I'll be much more inclined to (and able to) comment on Saturday April 23rd 2022
For St George, England and The Argyle!! :scarf:

Jul 12, 2016
So Lowe is pleased with the reaction of his players after the 6-0 mauling by Charlton. Does he really think a 3 - 1 defeat is ok? He then says his aim is to get 6 more points this season :funny:

D

Darren Stoneman

The thing is you all sound the same , flipping boring hearing the same rubbish coming from each of you who have probably not played or managed higher than subutteo

We all knew we were gettting a rookie manager, learning the game, you all complained about Adams and Sheridans dour attitude, boring football, we all knew we would get to taste some defeats

The whole aim in what has been a strange season was to stay up , job done

There are sayings on here that do my head in

Oh he could do a job there or play the youngsters or thereā€™s a real player there

You really all know Didly squat about what goes on behind closed doors, or the conversations held!

We are a growing team with a young manager and a very young team , if you want perfect pop off to Manchester
:furious:

May 26, 2015
It is time for a sacking; we all know that. My only consolation is that, after much goading from myself, Lowe and his sycophant pall have, at last, recognised the possibility that we could have gone down.

I would estimate that Dale has less than one tenth of our resources and less than one tenth of our fan base. Please let Dale be safe because Dale deserves to survive, whereas our season has been a disgrace.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
RochdaleGreen":a250mliz said:
It is time for a sacking; we all know that. My only consolation is that, after much goading from myself, Lowe and his sycophant pall have, at last, recognised the possibility that we could have gone down.

I would estimate that Dale has less than one tenth of our resources and less than one tenth of our fan base. Please let Dale be safe because Dale deserves to survive, whereas our season has been a disgrace.
Fortunately, you donā€™t make the decision about a sacking and I refute your suggestion that ā€œwe all know thatā€.
Ryan Lowe was recently given a contract extension by Simon Hallett (FCA). You may have more letters after your name than Simon but I am certain that he has better credentials than you to decide when changes will be made.
Of course, RL was as anxious as we were to know that it was mathematically impossible for us to be relegated and I am convinced that he knows that he will have a very busy close season attempting to ensure that we will recruit a squad that is capable of performing with more consistency next season.

Apr 1, 2009
Cobi Budge":1d3ig4td said:
charlieboy":1d3ig4td said:

Is it for the players to say that Lowe's man management is so good? Yes, they have a viewpoint, and many may like working for him, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's getting the best out of them. If Lowe's man management is so good, why have so many players not performed to full potential in the latter stages of the season?

Apr 1, 2009
davie nine":1acm2ro4 said:
RochdaleGreen":1acm2ro4 said:

Fortunately, you donā€™t make the decision about a sacking and I refute your suggestion that ā€œwe all know thatā€.
Ryan Lowe was recently given a contract extension by Simon Hallett (FCA). You may have more letters after your name than Simon but I am certain that he has better credentials than you to decide when changes will be made.
Of course, RL was as anxious as we were to know that it was mathematically impossible for us to be relegated and I am convinced that he knows that he will have a very busy close season attempting to ensure that we will recruit a squad that is capable of performing with more consistency next season.

What does FCA stand for in this instance, Davie? And what relevance does it, or any other professional qualification (if that's what it is), have in this context?