Rory Fallon | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rory Fallon

Z

zzzzSmiffy

lloyd_down_under":35ac25qu said:
PL2 3DQ":35ac25qu said:
Would Fallon want to drop down another league and suffer a big drop in wages?

I suppose that Grant Holt did with Shrewsbury, and it didn't do him any harm.

I'd agree that this deal doesn't quite add up, though.

Especially when he's going to a world cup where he could play a blinder and be in the running for a move to a far bigger club at home or abroad.

I can hearhis agent now........."What's that (insert any european top flight mid/lower side)?, i'm terribly sorry, he's signed for Gillingham".

Furthermore whatever your thoughts on his abilities you can't deny he's a confident and ambitious young thing. This move is the football career equivilent of a pipe and slippers.

Can't see it and i'd lose a great deal of respect for him if he did.

Feb 25, 2008
Smiffy":2r2oip98 said:
lloyd_down_under":2r2oip98 said:
PL2 3DQ":2r2oip98 said:
Would Fallon want to drop down another league and suffer a big drop in wages?

I suppose that Grant Holt did with Shrewsbury, and it didn't do him any harm.

I'd agree that this deal doesn't quite add up, though.

Especially when he's going to a world cup where he could play a blinder and be in the running for a move to a far bigger club at home or abroad.
I can hearhis agent now........."What's that (insert any european top flight mid/lower side)?, i'm terribly sorry, he's signed for Gillingham".

Furthermore whatever your thoughts on his abilities you can't deny he's a confident and ambitious young thing. This move is the football career equivilent of a pipe and slippers.

He could indeed have a storming world cup, it's the next bit that I struggle to see. Can you imagine the conversation?

Scout of big club calls manager of big club: Boss, found you a great striker, just scored a couple of crackers past Buffon, an overhead kick and a 30-yard lob. Name Rory Fallon, reckon he could do a job for us.

Manager: Never 'eard of him, who'se 'ee play for?

Scout: Er, Plymouth Argyle, guv.

Manager: Who?

Scout: English Championship, just relegated to League 1.

Manager: 3rd division eh, what's his goal record like?

Scout: Er, League 1, 1 in 3 to 1 in 4, Championship, 1 in 5 to 1 in 6.

.......dial tone.......

Scout: Boss....???

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
If he is going it will be after the new manager is in place, and after the group stages of the world cup when New Zealand will probably be gone. The new manager may want to keep him!!

Z

zzzzSmiffy

penzancepirate":s07892i4 said:
Smiffy":s07892i4 said:

Come now Smiffy, he's 28 years old ! I suppose you were disappointed Joe Mason pipped him to the Argyle Young Player award last season. :)

Still, at last I've cottoned on, when you've been praising the great omnipotent Rory all these years, it's been a case of mistaken identity.

Listen, don't read anything into that, it's all relative, these days every Argyle player is young to me :(.

Smithy 1902 - Football people understand how players play, unlike the collective mindfart that fans have they look beyond goal stats.

M

Mike Hughes

Looking at one Gills site, there are rumours that Jackson is moving to Millwall for £500k. Maybe the part about Fallon going there is true, but Jackson coming to us is false? As Smiffy states, it would seem odd for him to sign for Gillingham at this stage in his career.

Jackson to Millwall?

Jan 26, 2009
Morecambe
I still wouldn't be too upset to see Fallon here again next season. Sometimes I go the other way, but ultimately I think he's a player who can help us a lot.

However Fallon + 250k For Jackson, I'd take that.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
So, does this rumour have legs after all ...?

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Frank_Butcher":3hw2k5fg said:
So, does this rumour have legs after all ...?
Well the Herald give half a story linking Argyle with Jackson.

Could it be true? Can't see it. Or could it?!!!

PS: - I know absolutely f**k all about this! :)

Apr 1, 2009
It is fairly evident that the original theme of this rumour, that Fallon had been sold to Gillingham before the WC, was not correct. We would have heard by now, and it always looked unlikely that either Argyle or Fallon would restrict their options before Rory's opportunity on the world stage. It is very possible, however, that Gillingham had expressed an interest and perhaps talked about a part exchange involving Jackson. Given that Saints want Jackson and presumably would be able to pay him more, I can't see him coming here. I would also be very surprised if Kent was Fallon's preferred destination, at least until other opportunities had been ruled out.

What we don't know are Reid's thoughts about Fallon. We do know that further squad trimming is going to take place, particularly amongst the strikers. We still have Maclean, BWP, Rory F, Rory P, Mason, Donnelly and Head, and it seems evident that we are looking to bring in a striker. I think it is possible that 2 of Maclean, BWP and Fallon will go. Which ones will be down to who is wanted elsewhere.

Not true. We paid £300k for fallon. I was told by one of the coaches at the start of the next seasons pre season (when Rory wasn't doing so well) big strikers like him will always hold their value so we'll get our money back at the worst. ((He also said rory's great with the ball at his feet) shame we've never tested that!!)
Now that he's played in a World Cup and done ok we're sure to get more than what we paid. And the idea that he'll drop to the 4th division after saying he want's to play at the top is crazy. He might not be premiership quality but there are plenty of clubs who would use him in the CCC or countries like Greece.

G

Gareth Nicholson

If Gifton Noel Williams can play and score in Spain, then so can Rory. I want to see him stay at HP though.

Aug 1, 2006
Plymouth
Devonportender":24tbeyd1 said:
Not true. We paid £300k for fallon. I was told by one of the coaches at the start of the next seasons pre season (when Rory wasn't doing so well) big strikers like him will always hold their value so we'll get our money back at the worst. ((He also said rory's great with the ball at his feet) shame we've never tested that!!)
Now that he's played in a World Cup and done ok we're sure to get more than what we paid. And the idea that he'll drop to the 4th division after saying he want's to play at the top is crazy. He might not be premiership quality but there are plenty of clubs who would use him in the CCC or countries like Greece.

dont believe all the coaches tell you - still an opinion albeit a close one! in rory's mind he can play in the premiership.