Rubbish | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rubbish

Jul 6, 2011
xmastree":39ohkh77 said:
davie nine":39ohkh77 said:
Rob McNicholl is a good commentator and works for the club. He admits that he is a ‘green tint’ but then, so was Sparksy, and nobody complained about him. Earlier in the season there were complaints that Radio Devon commentators were more interested in how other clubs in Devon were doing.
I agree that it is not appropriate for a current player to co-commentate.

There were people who complained about Sparksy - I was one of them!

I thought sparksy and steve davey/chris errington were brilliant, better than the no-personalities we have now. Spose to be entertainment not a lecture.

Jan 21, 2007
Going back to the original post, and the others who have commented on RL, I generally find that people who focus and concentrate on the negatives are very seldom happy.

RL took on a team that had just been relegated, was losing its two best players (GC10 and Ruben) had, in my opinion, a small squad of players fit only for League 2 and below, yet added to that and got us promoted at the first attempt. Regardless of what extreme mathematical formulas may tell you is possible, we will finish the season safely in mid-table, having played great football at times, and having matched the pre-season ambitions and expectations of well over 50% of Argyle fans; i’m referring to one or two of the PASOTI and Herald polls from 9 months ago. Further to this, we currently have, my opinion again, 3 or 4 players in our squad who can genuinely cut it at Championship level.

My hope for the last few games of the season, is that RL now ditches the 3 or 4 players who won’t be here next season, who don’t want to break sweat or get injured before they start negotiating their next contract somewhere else, and put in the guys who are motivated and have something to prove ... and I also hope we sign one or two players in the summer who’s can actually defend and bully other teams; because that’s all I think we’re missing.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Greenlou64":owo4o7dy said:
Lowe out now
i am still seething this morning but i disagree with you.he needs time and will have to rebuild during the summer.it looks like we will retain our place in this division and that is to his credit.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":gza7fvg2 said:
Greenlou64":gza7fvg2 said:
Lowe out now
No chance with his contract and Hallett can see no wrong in him

Why on earth would you sack a manager who in two seasons has got you promoted and then consolidated your status in the league above? Would be one of the weirdest decisions in the clubs history.

Sep 22, 2020
maybe not cobi:

Tony Waiters was sacked after reaching a League Cup semi Final, a promotion to the second division, consolidation then not even in the relegation spots.

Neil Warnock was sacked after a promotion, and wembley win.

Of course derek adams was sacked by hallett after a promotion.

surely the issue is always not what has been acheived but what the prospects are going forward. Looks like the jury is out on Mr Lowe and a good start next season is needed.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Saying that Adams was sacked after getting us promoted and ignoring the fact that he also got us relegated is pretty tenuous. It’s like saying that Sturrock only won us one promotion and Williamson got us promoted to the Championship.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Brechin Hedge":3sdgjmgk said:
maybe not cobi:

Tony Waiters was sacked after reaching a League Cup semi Final, a promotion to the second division, consolidation then not even in the relegation spots.

Neil Warnock was sacked after a promotion, and wembley win.

Of course derek adams was sacked by hallett after a promotion.

surely the issue is always not what has been acheived but what the prospects are going forward. Looks like the jury is out on Mr Lowe and a good start next season is needed.
The jury is still out, is it?
You started a thread that wanted him ‘out NOW’ in early December and hardly posted at all when we went unbeaten for 9 league games in 2021.
Struggling a bit are we?
Welcome back!!!

Sep 22, 2020
Hi Dave

no not struggling at all. still do not see Lowe as a long term(2/3 years) manager for Argyle. In fact neither does Mr Lowe apparently. He said recently his original intention was to be here for 18 months. He has not moved his family here so is not confident he will be here in the long term . Then again neither has Mr Parkinson so the same could be said for him.

I would say i am far more convinced now that we need a different type of manager than i felt in November. Of course time will tell but it does seem other clubs are not now clambering over themselves for his services. Maybe Mr Hallett presenting Mr Lowe with a three year contract was reflective of his lack of football experience? Not good when the chairman, ceo and manager have very little experience of football management and all three live away from the area.

Surely from his own personal well being he would be better suited to a job where he can see his family every day rather than commuting 250 miles? Many employers stipulate that you must live within a certain time/distance. I know argyle did at once but maybe times have changed?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I wasn’t asking if you were struggling, I was implying that you only seem to post when the team is struggling.
I admit that I am a bit concerned if RL has not moved his family here. Maybe, the pandemic situation has delayed that intention and they will move here in the summer.
If you are concerned about the lack of experience of football management of our chairman and CEO, I would suggest that there are very few in Premier League or EFL. Perhaps, Lee Power at Swindon would qualify but I think I’ll stick with Simon Hallett.
I have supported Argyle for 65+ years and have always supported whoever the manager is. I supported Derek Adams up to the last week of his tenure and I will support Ryan Lowe unless I consider that he is losing his enthusiasm and motivation for the job he is employed to do.
Currently, I see no evidence of that.

Sep 22, 2020
i do see not moving your family to within a daily commute as a lack of commitment/conviction and suggests an acceptance of short term roles.maybe that is just the short term nature of football management so harsh to single mr lowe out.

of course the geography of argyle dictates much that goes on particularly including attracting players but a good employer would not encourage players or the manager with a young family to be away from home for long periods and travel very long distances to see kids etc when they can. leads to conflicts of interest..

Maybe that is just a fact and i am behind the times .

D

Darren Stoneman

What has frustrated me this season is some fan expectations!

I know that all fans want a promotion challenge, champions league quality players on a league one budget, the best manager in the world , a chairman with an open cheque book, a world class stadium et al.

However these wishes are unrealistic and some of the messages on here are down right hilarious

Let’s be real

We are a progressing club, with decent investment being made to secure long term financial stability, with some excellent off field signings, we have a young ambitious management team who are learning the trade and will get better, we have an inexperienced young squad with some of our own youngsters being given a chance (you all moaned about this in the past) we are hampered by years of neglect in our stadium! Our youth facilities and academy

Just because we are Plymouth Argyle does not mean we are entitled, there are much bigger clubs in L1 with established networks, established squads and paying significantly more in wages than we do

The team have had some poor performances, but I remember all of our teams underperforming, playoffs, losses against Exeter, but also some great performances

I look back on our last few managers and I ask would they be any better

Adams - some of the worst football and engagement with the fan base I can recall
Sheridan - poorest football I can remember

We then have the spectre of managers either in Admin or causing it with player acquisitions etc

There are 90+ clubs all trying to get promoted and stave off relegation and ultimately only a few will be successful,

We were never promised promotion, we were told that they will do their best, and with a few exceptions people have, what it has shown is that there are a number of teams better than us and that is the challenge for next year.

A good number of our players past and present have highlighted how important our fans are, especially when away from home and the nudge that gives them, so when we get back on the terraces, the lessons are learned we will rise again

The digs at the manager don’t help, every PAFC manager has made mistakes

Shilton- Swan
Sturrock - Evers
Williamson -West
Sturrock - McLean Mpensa
Adams - the loan players and others signed and not played, Wylde, Ainsworth
Lowe - Nouble etc

However we’re these deliberate? No they just didn’t work out

Football is a game there will be winners and losers and we have seen our spell of both, for once I am hoping mid table mediocrity with no manager change, a good pint at recruitment without the distraction of play offs or a new relegation squad

Expect too much you end up with nothing, expect nothing everything is a win