Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham)

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
I think you will find Mr Hallett had the same criteria as James Brent and that RL said he would be relocating his family by December but that did not happen! I dont know any other club that allows its club to be managed by a guy who lives 300 miles away!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
If Lowe leaves will any of the unsigned 10 players go with him or will they still sign with Argyle?

Aug 5, 2016
I don't think it will be long until Ryan Lowe is off either way.

Some club closer to the north west will offer him more money and/or better prospects and that will be that.

Blackburn, Preston, Fleetwood, Blackpool, Sheffield Wednesday, Tranmere, Salford, Mansfield, Derby, Forest, Stoke, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster, Bradford, Leeds, Hull, Coventry, Birmingham, Shrewsbury, if not Bolton.

I think if any of those clubs showed an interest in him, he would want to listen to what they had to say.

All it takes is a bad start to the season to get the sack race going and Lowe will be on radars up and down the country. One of them will get him sooner or later.

Mar 14, 2009
I honestly wouldn’t worry too much.

We probably know in our hearts that Lowe is going to find a club closer to his home at some point.

However, if any of you went to the senior greens you will have heard that his assistant has moved down here. Him and his wife love the area. He has aspirations to be a manager.

I’m convinced once Lowe goes you have Argyles next manager already here.

Jul 24, 2009
edmonds200":qt7pejho said:
I think you will find Mr Hallett had the same criteria as James Brent and that RL said he would be relocating his family by December but that did not happen! I dont know any other club that allows its club to be managed by a guy who lives 300 miles away!
As far as I know Tony Pulis still lives in Sandbanks including when he managed West Brom & Middlesbrough. Jose Mourinho's family never moved to Manchester, although I'll grant you that's not a great example!

I've worked with plenty of people over the years who's family are based at the other end of the country or oversees, and arrive on a Monday morning and leave on a Friday afternoon. As long as it didn't infringe on their ability to do the job or commitment then it was never considered an issue.

Anyway, I'm not disputing it would be better if the family moves.

Sep 2, 2008
Lowe wont be going this season. He would have made assurances to Mayor of that otherwise I believe Mayor would not have agreed to the one year option. I'm still betting that he wont move his family down here either. Imo, his gameplan is to have a real good go at doing well in league one next season and then move back up North at the end of the season. Two promotions (one with Bury) and a solid finishing position in league one will have other clubs in the championship seeing him as the man to get their club into the premiership. I think that has always been his intention and he has never intended bringing his family down here despite what he keeps saying. Lowe is a salesman/politician. He will tell you what you want to hear. He is only interested in feathering his own nest. He is no different to Holloway or any other aspiring manager for that matter. He's just better at navigating around the difficult questions and a lot of fans are happy to see passed that because he brings them success. Dont misunderstand me. I appreciate that most of us want to get on and be the best at what we do and I dont bear any ill feeling towards him because of that. All I'm saying is, dont p*ss down my back and tell me it's raining.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Metal_Green_Mickey":3bklqj70 said:

We probably know in our hearts that Lowe is going to find a club closer to his home at some point.

However, if any of you went to the senior greens you will have heard that his assistant has moved down here. Him and his wife love the area. He has aspirations to be a manager.

Lowe said the other day that he and Schumacher are a package, always working together or words to that affect.

IMHO - Bolton no chance, Birmingham maybe.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
PL2 3DQ":1hydz70n said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1hydz70n said:

Lowe said the other day that he and Schumacher are a package, always working together or words to that affect.

IMHO - Bolton no chance, Birmingham maybe.
I believe that RL knows that he has an unfinished job at Home Park and I don’t believe that he will leave. If we are doing well in League 1, I think that Simon Hallett will test his commitment by offering him a contract extension.
I also agree with Mickey that Shuey would be a strong candidate if RL did leave.
RL did say that they were ‘a package’ but that doesn’t mean that Shuey would want to be his assistant for the rest of his career if he were offered a management opportunity.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
the_corkscrew":kdug1ilh said:
A couple of low grade fan accounts on Twitter does not constitute a rumour.
Good day.

Well it’s made five pages on here already. :wave:

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
IJN":2xjr8qqw said:
the_corkscrew":2xjr8qqw said:
A couple of low grade fan accounts on Twitter does not constitute a rumour.
Good day.

Well it’s made five pages on here already. :wave:

Which makes it all the more ridiculous. You can tell there's no footy on.

Apr 1, 2009
Pottypilgrim":1rfvi7g7 said:
Lowe wont be going this season. He would have made assurances to Mayor of that otherwise I believe Mayor would not have agreed to the one year option. I'm still betting that he wont move his family down here either. Imo, his gameplan is to have a real good go at doing well in league one next season and then move back up North at the end of the season. Two promotions (one with Bury) and a solid finishing position in league one will have other clubs in the championship seeing him as the man to get their club into the premiership. I think that has always been his intention and he has never intended bringing his family down here despite what he keeps saying. Lowe is a salesman/politician. He will tell you what you want to hear. He is only interested in feathering his own nest. He is no different to Holloway or any other aspiring manager for that matter. He's just better at navigating around the difficult questions and a lot of fans are happy to see passed that because he brings them success. Dont misunderstand me. I appreciate that most of us want to get on and be the best at what we do and I dont bear any ill feeling towards him because of that. All I'm saying is, dont p*ss down my back and tell me it's raining.

I'd certainly agree with most of that. I like him, but accept that we are a stepping stone for him.

In two seasons of management, what Lowe has yet to experience, for any length of time, is pressure being applied by the fans and media. When it happens, and at some point it will, it will be interesting to see how he deals with it.