Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham)

Aug 27, 2019
I just love this type of thread.......for what it is worth (OK, nothing), I predict & have thought for a few months now - with Klopp unlikely to move we luckily can depend upon RL until Everton look for a replacement for current incumbent....that of course, is dependent on our continuing to improve & I see us back in Championship within next 3 years.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Stiffler":10rjrf3v said:
Knibbsworth":10rjrf3v said:
Tugboat":10rjrf3v said:
Unfortunately this is going to happen throughout the season (once it restarts) when a manager gets the sack from any championship or league 1 club.

It’ll get very tedious and boring no doubt

So you are obviously confident that Ryan Lowe will still be manager of Argyle by the end of next season.

Would you bet money on that?

No one knows, that’s my point.

Worry about if it happens. Panicking every time his name is mentioned with another club is just a waste of energy.

Catch 22, underachieve and he’ll probably stay. Do well and he’ll likely have other suitors.

The important thing is to get things right with his contract and clauses so Lowe and Argyle benefit from any future success he brings. I’d like to see him sign an extension.

What odds are you offering me? not many people offer a bet like that after the market has already been settled like!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
mervyn":2txgqcgk said:
Of Birmingham’s last 5 games, they have drawn four and lost one. Their own fans are not discounting the relegation threat if this form continues. I think only a currently out of work manager would seriously consider them. They clearly need a manager fast for the remaining nine games. A new manager would enhance his career if they stay up, or ruin it if they go down. If you were RL after two successful seasons, would you take that risk?

Birmingham are currently 8 points away from the relegation zone.
The Sky Bet criteria is for a new Birmingham manager for the start of next season.

For the Bolton job it's to be the new manager by 30th June, Lowe has now dropped to 9/1, the 5th favourite.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I would be shocked if Ryan Lowe would even give the Bolton job a thought. He doesn’t want to become just the guy who gets teams out of L2.

Birmingham and any other of the big city Championship clubs - different matter. As others have said, further success almost guarantees that interest from bigger clubs. Imo he has already achieved more than Cowley did before he got the Huddersfield job.

Mar 29, 2020
There’s no chance Birmingham City are going to be relegated this season.....love to see Stoke City..Huddersfield Town and Hull City get relegated....that would be the hardest 3rd Tier League ever... :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Frixx":1a6blq0r said:
Absolute waffle from the OP
Talk about getting page views for the forum. Just senseless stirring up stories over nothing. What must Ryan Lowe himself make of it.

I fully expect Ryan Lowe to be leading us next season whenever that may start. However should he achieve a hat trick of promotions on the bounce its fair to say he's as good as gone. I would hope Simon Hallett has him sewn up tightly on contracts if that is the case.

I actually think if he got Argyle up again this season, we would be less at immediate risk of losing him, because he would then be managing a championship club. I think the risk will be greater if he puts together a side of free signings and loans and takes us to the play offs and gallantly falls at the final hurdle. That’s when we will really be at risk of losing him. That said, IF Birmingham or any other major championship club were to come in for him during THIS summer, he would almost certainly be gone.

Jan 11, 2009
Im going to put in my two penneth worth of speculation. Assuming Bolton do not start the new season on negative points, have a bit of money to spend on players Lowe MAY be tempted. Its close to family, nice stadium, decent fan base, easier to attract players than it would be at Argyle despite the league difference. Bolton would be a blank canvas with no great expectation from their fans apart from stability, regroup then march on. Birmingham, nah.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Alan-Frost":234r3eav said:
Im going to put in my two penneth worth of speculation. Assuming Bolton do not start the new season on negative points, have a bit of money to spend on players Lowe MAY be tempted. Its close to family, nice stadium, decent fan base, easier to attract players than it would be at Argyle despite the league difference. Bolton would be a blank canvas with no great expectation from their fans apart from stability, regroup then march on. Birmingham, nah.

Interesting. I think he would know he would have let the club, chairman, supporters and himself down if he joined Bolton. If he went to Birmingham or any other of the championship clubs likely to be looking for a new manager, he could leave with his head held high. Can’t see Hallett even letting him speak to Bolton even if he wanted to.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Like to think the club already have a wish list of replacements lined up
It's not like hes nit going at some point and I think that it was Swansea or Southampton or somewhere where they always had managerial wish lists and were always aware of a short list of who they wanted to pick up if they needed to change manager
The big concern with our set up is we dont know whether we lose the DOF if Lowe goes, that's the point of a DOF that they prepare the strategy of the football club
If he goes when the manager goes then hes a waste of a wage may as well have Adam's doing everything again because we would e back to square 1
For me I think Dewsnip would stay if schumaker could be persuaded to take over from Lowe, I also am a bit unsure how Lowe would go without those two behind him, Lowe is charismatic but is he the brains? Lowe reminds me of Holloway so much he had a group following him all over and Gary Penrice seemed to be the brains behind him

Oct 5, 2013
If RL left us now before the start of the new season as some are suggesting, he’d lose all credibility given what he’s said about the club, chairman and whole set-up here. So in my view there’s no way he would do that, because he’s just not that sort of person.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Regarding any interest in RL. He did interview here before Bury were effectively gone and Bury was a club he’d recently got promoted through a full season and a club in which he had a history.

Argyle do not have that history with RL (yet) and a promotion that whilst hoped for will always have that doubt laid against it.

Possibly, one of the few things that will make it nigh on impossible for him to leave is that the incoming club would have to pay compensation which is unlikely atm and would he want to go to a third club in three years. Additional to that is his signing (re) of Danny Mayor who is likely to have signed expecting RL to be his boss again next season. Whilst not top of RL’s thinking there would surely be a little of not hanging someone he must consider more than a colleague out to dry if he himself goes.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
If you’re suggesting he didn’t show loyalty to Bury, so why would he to Argyle Ade, I think that’s unfair. He as much as anybody knew what had gone on at Bury and that they were finished. Not paid for months, he had every right to call it a day and expressed huge regret.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Biggest non story so far and people are actually worried about it.

Worry about things you can influence.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Devongreenowl":1lkklluo said:
If you’re suggesting he didn’t show loyalty to Bury, so why would he to Argyle Ade, I think that’s unfair. He as much as anybody knew what had gone on at Bury and that they were finished. Not paid for months, he had every right to call it a day and expressed huge regret.

My suggestion was that he had a history with Bury that he doesn’t have with us so it would have been a harder wrench to go for an interview. This season for many reasons has seen a change of people’s attitudes so the pull of the west country again isn’t as great for him as the pull of his historical home (area).

I have no idea if he’s interested or not, just that he is not averse to starting again as so many will be thinking regardless of whether he stays it’ll still feel like a new beginning.

Should he go, it’ll be a shame as jobs like Home Park don’t come around very often and we as a club and even a fan base are willing to allow people to fail and then give the opportunity to put the failings right. Someone like RL, if he gets the club going in the right direction will achievable legend status.