Ryan Lowe Song | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe Song

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Pogleswoody":3m3pw1gm said:
Balham_Green":3m3pw1gm said:
HC Green":3m3pw1gm said:
saxman":3m3pw1gm said:
It hasn't been this good for a very long time. It's also fascinating to watch the development of a brave and exciting football philosophy using quite a few players to whom it must have felt totally alien and scary.

I be interested in your definition of a very long time.

Since before Adams?

DA?

Aaaaah ..... The Dark Ages!! :facepalm:

Fair question. Certainly before DA but my memory then gets a bit foggy....

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Devongreenowl":1dkt5peg said:
jespafc":1dkt5peg said:
Devongreenowl":1dkt5peg said:
jespafc":1dkt5peg said:
We're 4th in L2, Liverpool are on the verge of something monumentally special and are the current European and World Champions (according to the largely pointless Club Cup). My point is, I don't think we really need to start singing Lowe's name any less based on his first 6 months in charge.

Tin hat on - mainly because Cobi will come and tell me that our Messiah should be carried around Plymouth on a golden throne.

Iā€™m not getting your post Jes. You seem to be saying we should be singing his name loads, despite the fact heā€™s won nothing yet, compared to Liverpool supporters not singing Klopp's name despite him sweeping all before him with quite possibly the best team since er Liverpool of the 70's. In which case, Cobi would agree with you as he sees nothing wrong in the song being sung constantly. Or am I missing some deep irony?

Well, I just really don't think Argyle have reached a level where our manager should be requesting our supporters to sing his name less. This hero worship of Lowe will be fine....once we've actually achieved something significant, and if the Devonport want to sing his name 9-10 times a game who really cares?!

The players, perhaps.

Oh no!! The poor little lambs.

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
ProfGreen":2bjvmet2 said:
The sped up Argyle version of this chant with the clapping has resulted in it losing a lot of it's effect I think. The Bury fans sang it a lot slower and as a result much louder and without the clapping.

The Demport has unfortunately become a bit carp over the last decade. The same old drone of Arrrrgyllleee and the few other songs we have don't leave much to the imagination.

Come on Demport Enders there must be a decent lyricist amongst you that can come up with some good new stuff avoiding the same old tunes. The Liverpool fans are great at it.

Oh and the Scott Wootton song is pathetic and embarrassing.

Totally agree! I mean IF we are going to try and ban Argyle fans singing certain songs, this should be the first candidate.

Sep 6, 2006
jespafc":165xe09h said:
Devongreenowl":165xe09h said:
Devongreenowl":165xe09h said:
We're 4th in L2, Liverpool are on the verge of something monumentally special and are the current European and World Champions (according to the largely pointless Club Cup). My point is, I don't think we really need to start singing Lowe's name any less based on his first 6 months in charge.

Tin hat on - mainly because Cobi will come and tell me that our Messiah should be carried around Plymouth on a golden throne.

Iā€™m not getting your post Jes. You seem to be saying we should be singing his name loads, despite the fact heā€™s won nothing yet, compared to Liverpool supporters not singing Klopp's name despite him sweeping all before him with quite possibly the best team since er Liverpool of the 70's. In which case, Cobi would agree with you as he sees nothing wrong in the song being sung constantly. Or am I missing some deep irony?

Well, I just really don't think Argyle have reached a level where our manager should be requesting our supporters to sing his name less. This hero worship of Lowe will be fine....once we've actually achieved something significant, and if the Devonport want to sing his name 9-10 times a game who really cares?!

The players, perhaps.

Oh no!! The poor little lambs.

How difficult is it to understand that singing a players name as opposed to continually the manager's, may give them a lift? Isn't that the idea of home advantage?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Clearly what Klopp has realised at Liverpool hence his request to the fans. Some Argyle fans donā€™t seem to get that it might be frustrating for a player, say Hardie, to score on his away and home debuts to then be regaled with the Ryan Ryan Ryan Lowe 'song'. Certainly donā€™t remember any managers name being sung so much before. Heā€™s doing a great job, but SO ARE the players :scarf: