Ryan Lowe’s contract | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe’s contract

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
He's probably benefiting in the ame was as Luggy and DA did. In their home areas they could not go out for a walk or to a restaurant without being recognised. That's probably true for him in the North-West. In Devon he can take his kids to the beach etc. without necessarily being recognised and pestered.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Argylegames":10acorer said:
He's probably benefiting in the ame was as Luggy and DA did. In their home areas they could not go out for a walk or to a restaurant without being recognised. That's probably true for him in the North-West. In Devon he can take his kids to the beach etc. without necessarily being recognised and pestered.

If I saw Ryan
Lowe out away from Argyle, I’d merely thank him and buy him
a pasty and a pint, after all he paid for breakfast for the travelling Green
Army that went on the long journey to Carlisle.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lowe's comments at Thursday's press conference were a bit odd and out of the blue. I don't understand why he would say such a thing at this time, the whole ethos of the club is built around him, he needs to stay beyond this season.
If he gets us promoted that will be back to back promotions and his stock will be high.
At the end of this season he'll have two years left of his Argyle contract, a northern Championship club just might fancy having his magic gold dust, enthusiasm and positivity.

“It’s not about me it’s not about whether I move on or what I do. This is a football club that is going in the right direction and it’s got good people here. When you’re working with good people, whatever comes and whatever arises, that’s why they're good people as they wouldn’t stand in anyone’s way."
Link

Aug 5, 2016
Argylegames":24wmy7y2 said:

Pestered in the north west? The vast majority of people in Liverpool wouldn't have a clue who he was.

He'll have more people hassling him in the supermarket in Plymouth than he would anywhere in the north west. He is the Argyle manager and the well liked and well recognised figurehead of of the biggest sports club in a city of 265,000 people. Liverpool is twice the size of Plymouth with far more recognisable individuals floating about. Ryan Lowe never played for Liverpool, his face isn't plastered on the Liverpool Echo. I don't think he will have much trouble taking his dogs for a walk along the coast up there.

Jan 27, 2012
Lowe needs to achieve something with Argyle before he is offered any improved contract. He has a well funded team for League Two and there is an expectation that he takes the club into League One- that's his minimum requirement. The next stage is to make the team a force in League One- and that will be a much tougher test for him.

If the team didn't even make the playoffs this year he'd probably be out of the door (personally I think they will finish top 7 but I'm just making the point).

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
That’s right if Argyle’s 5 year plan astonishingly comes off and the top flight became an acorn of credible ambition, yet suddenly we’re without a manager, the first names on the search list would be managers of underperforming clubs in the playoffs two leagues below with no experience managing in a league above.

NoMe above L1 will be looking Argyle’s way any time soon will they.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
So he doesn't make the playoffs having rebuilt a solid structure on the sandy foundations of relegation last season? Who the heck could (adequately) replace him?
I think his comment is that, if he gets a great offer, he'd be allowed to leave. On that basis, he will stay.
Let's make the great job this job!! :scarf:

Aug 5, 2016
silkman":2ibg8foj said:
Deacster":2ibg8foj said:
I'm sure i heard it was 3 years. I think, unless he is a very astute salesman, that he really likes it here and sees the potential of the crowds and enjoys the set up and his relationship with Simon Hallett and everyone else at the club. Put simply, we are a good stable club now, on the up with a new stand and momentum. My point it, i was worried he would be keen to get back 'up north' ASAP but now i'm not convinced, it think it would take a serious offer to tempt him away. The other factor is the average shelf life of a manager in the championship which is not very much and let's be frank if it's a vacant job in the majority of cases it would be a club struggling who have sacked a manager and maybe in danger of dropping to league 1, where we hope to be next season in any case!

He also said recently that he and his missus were house hunting with a view to his family moving down here to live after Xmas - that doesn't smack of someone who'd take the first offer to move back North!

Ryan Lowe is clearly skilled at charming people who want to be charmed. It is like believing a salesman who wants to sell you a conservatory, a house or a high performance BMW - possibly unwise to believe every small detail without seeing the wider picture. They are telling you what they think you want to hear for a certain purpose.

Without disrespect to Lowe, he doesn't strike me as a man of commitment or longevity. I can't say I believe that his family all want to come down from Liverpool, and love pasties, and absolutely adore it here. He talks like a salesman, in short puchy sentences, and is a man full of positive small chatter rather than a few choice meaningful words.

Who is the longest serving manager in League One or Two? How long have they been in charge? Whatever the answer is is why it is unwise to uproot your children for one of the shortest career opportunities going. Anyone else moving house to come to Plymouth will stick around for a decade. Statistically, what are the odds Ryan Lowe is still emplyed here in 2 or 3 years time? Over half the clubs in this division will have a new manager in that time, and those clubs don't have the pressure to get promoted that comes with managing a club with 11,000 attendances playing against clubs with typically 2,000 - 5,000 gates.

Sep 25, 2010
Knibbsworth":1a764mnl said:
silkman":1a764mnl said:
Deacster":1a764mnl said:
I'm sure i heard it was 3 years. I think, unless he is a very astute salesman, that he really likes it here and sees the potential of the crowds and enjoys the set up and his relationship with Simon Hallett and everyone else at the club. Put simply, we are a good stable club now, on the up with a new stand and momentum. My point it, i was worried he would be keen to get back 'up north' ASAP but now i'm not convinced, it think it would take a serious offer to tempt him away. The other factor is the average shelf life of a manager in the championship which is not very much and let's be frank if it's a vacant job in the majority of cases it would be a club struggling who have sacked a manager and maybe in danger of dropping to league 1, where we hope to be next season in any case!

He also said recently that he and his missus were house hunting with a view to his family moving down here to live after Xmas - that doesn't smack of someone who'd take the first offer to move back North!

Ryan Lowe is clearly skilled at charming people who want to be charmed. It is like believing a salesman who wants to sell you a conservatory, a house or a high performance BMW - possibly unwise to believe every small detail without seeing the wider picture. They are telling you what they think you want to hear for a certain purpose.

Without disrespect to Lowe, he doesn't strike me as a man of commitment or longevity. I can't say I believe that his family all want to come down from Liverpool, and love pasties, and absolutely adore it here. He talks like a salesman, in short puchy sentences, and is a man full of positive small chatter rather than a few choice meaningful words.

Who is the longest serving manager in League One or Two? How long have they been in charge? Whatever the answer is is why it is unwise to uproot your children for one of the shortest career opportunities going. Anyone else moving house to come to Plymouth will stick around for a decade. Statistically, what are the odds Ryan Lowe is still emplyed here in 2 or 3 years time? Over half the clubs in this division will have a new manager in that time, and those clubs don't have the pressure to get promoted that comes with managing a club with 11,000 attendances playing against clubs with typically 2,000 - 5,000 gates.

What a load of crap, that is , should be ashamed of yourself.

Aug 5, 2016
What part do you disagree with?

Since Ryan Lowe was appointed, 42 clubs in the Football League have appointed a new manager.

Only 49 clubs have a manager that has been in charge longer.

There is an alarming tendency towards short termism and impatience across all 4 divisions.

With things the way they are, do you really uproot your children and wife out of the communities they are settled in, to move to Devon where they don't know anyone and probably won't be happy. Or do you accept that this is very unlikely to he a long term posting but a very necessary one to develop your skills, experience and CV.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
After today, I expect Liverpool to sack Klopp and immediately appoint Lowe on a 5-year deal... maybe not just yet.

People have very short memories. It’s not that long ago that certain Argyle fans were unable to sleep at night because they were so worried that a Championship club was going to take Adams.

Sep 25, 2010
Knibbsworth":2cxf499u said:
What part do you disagree with?

Since Ryan Lowe was appointed, 42 clubs in the Football League have appointed a new manager.

Only 49 clubs have a manager that has been in charge longer.

There is an alarming tendency towards short termism and impatience across all 4 divisions.

With things the way they are, do you really uproot your children and wife out of the communities they are settled in, to move to Devon where they don't know anyone and probably won't be happy. Or do you accept that this is very unlikely to he a long term posting but a very necessary one to develop your skills, experience and CV.

As I said, what a load of crap, you talk, absolute rubbish

Sep 2, 2008
silkman":fmnhnilz said:
Deacster":fmnhnilz said:

What people say and what people do are usually two completely different things. He's talked the talk but we're still waiting to see if he walks the walk. I for one don't think he will. He sees us as an excellent opportunity to build up his cv. Cast your mind back to when we were looking for a manager and he was available. There were a number of other lower league clubs looking for a manager as well, clubs much closer to his home, yet he chose us. He will do what's best for him, as we all would. I'll wager he doesn't bring his family down here to live and school despite what he says. He wants us all to believe and buy into him and he knows what strings he needs to pull.

Sep 2, 2008
In fact, how's this for a conspiracy theory. SH recognises that for us fans to believe in our manager the manager has to show that he believes in Argyle so they agree to a 3 year Contract and both talk about the need for the manager to move down here. The plan has always been for RL to do only one season (that's why Danny Mayor is only doing one season) so they write a release clause in the Contract. They keep the 'moving down here' story going half way through the season just so we don't lose belief and also say that we won't be discussing Contracts with players yet as we're focusing on the rest of the season. So SH and RL keep the fans on side, keep the fans thinking RL has bought into Argyle and committed himself and we then get promoted. We get what we want and so does SH and RL. Everyone is happy. RL and DM then say being away from home is harder than they thought and shift back up North having earned a tidy wad of cash for putting themselves out and we are left looking for another manager. Like I say, just a theory or is it? I guess time will tell.

Sep 6, 2006
Pottypilgrim":asu1ktvn said:
In fact, how's this for a conspiracy theory. SH recognises that for us fans to believe in our manager the manager has to show that he believes in Argyle so they agree to a 3 year Contract and both talk about the need for the manager to move down here. The plan has always been for RL to do only one season (that's why Danny Mayor is only doing one season) so they write a release clause in the Contract. They keep the 'moving down here' story going half way through the season just so we don't lose belief and also say that we won't be discussing Contracts with players yet as we're focusing on the rest of the season. So SH and RL keep the fans on side, keep the fans thinking RL has bought into Argyle and committed himself and we then get promoted. We get what we want and so does SH and RL. Everyone is happy. RL and DM then say being away from home is harder than they thought and shift back up North having earned a tidy wad of cash for putting themselves out and we are left looking for another manager. Like I say, just a theory or is it? I guess time will tell.

What a load of nonsense.