Ryan Lowe’s contract | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe’s contract

Feb 4, 2020
Difficult times now..let's be honest.. February has not gone well for Lowey (unlike last year at Bury).....he's looked quite shell-shocked after some recent poor performances.

Problem is his public relations talk pre-match is always so convincing....then we abjectly fail 'to walk the talk'. We all need to get behind Lowey now n help him drag us out of this truly dire League...then he can rebuild our v obvious deficiencies in d Summer.....Hallett not gonna be best pleased if we tail off this critical last 11 games and miss out...

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
I don't think this league is that dire. I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of some of the teams playing in this division. Certainly light years ahead of what it used to be.

Feb 15, 2005
I agree his talk is not always matched by his team week in week out, we are doing ok and I think we should certainly make the play off places but have we got enough to make the top three. We have three tin pot clubs around us who are in terms of revenue are much smaller than us, Crewe, Cheltenham and Execretia who I would hope we can compete with to get out of this league. I think his long term future at HP will be decided by what we achieve come May this year. Possession based football is easy on the eye and we had 54% possession yesterday despite having a man short for 50 odd minutes but what did we do with this possession. It has to be effective and produce results/goals. Despite the love in with DM who is clearly skilful but does not affect the outcome of matches as much as I had hoped when we signed him and we are appear to lack leadership on the pitch. A dozen or so games to go and we must get back to winning ways.

Apr 1, 2017
Ipplepen green":3i4oukle said:
After getting bury promoted last season and hopefully doing the same with us this season, bigger clubs are obviously well aware of our great manager. Just wandering how long we have him signed up for and wondering if it’s time to renew his contract ? He has us playing great football, a winning side, and also conducts himself in a great manner. How long until a championship side come knocking ? :thumbs:

Great manager?

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
German Shepherd":37xpuutj said:
I don't think this league is that dire. I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of some of the teams playing in this division. Certainly light years ahead of what it used to be.
Light years ahead... really?

League 2 is a pretty poor standard.

The standard of defending - including Argyle - is generally very poor but that is matched by the equally poor standard of finishing. The Mansfield game being a very good example of this.

In between the poor defending and poor finishing, virtually all teams - again including Argyle - repeatedly give the ball away and put themselves in trouble but are often saved by rank poor finishing.

I have seen a couple of Torquay games this season and there is no real difference between the National League and League 2.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lowe is 20/1 to be the new manager at Blackpool.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The standard in L2 is much, much better than it was during the Fletcher & Sheridan days, that I’m sure of.

Feb 15, 2005
Cobi Budge":2sigxqyx said:
The standard in L2 is much, much better than it was during the Fletcher & Sheridan days, that I’m sure of.

This confirms my view that L2 is dire.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
buck197":1iax6a2y said:
Cobi Budge":1iax6a2y said:

This confirms my view that L2 is dire.

Your weird obsession with me resurfaces, I was beginning to worry.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Cobi Budge":yahp58yb said:

I was going back further to Kevin Hodge's side. I bet you're too young for that Cobi. The standard at that time was absolutely woeful.

May 8, 2011
Cobi Budge":2vg8nmxu said:

Any particular reason why you didn’t include the period under Adams in your list?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
HC Green":36yptc4q said:
Cobi Budge":36yptc4q said:

Any particular reason why you didn’t include the period under Adams in your list?

Because I’d say it’s about the equivalent of now.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
German Shepherd":21kh2trd said:
Cobi Budge":21kh2trd said:

I was going back further to Kevin Hodge's side. I bet you're too young for that Cobi. The standard at that time was absolutely woeful.

Ah! But yes, the standard of lower league football has gradually improved over time but particularly in the last 10 years. One theory is that the increase in foreign players in the top flight (and therefore the increase in quality) & the championship has forced players who would previously have featured at a high level to filter down, improving the standard of the lower professional leagues. Granted, League 2 can still be pretty dismal at times, but it’s been a lot worse.

I’m genuinely astonished at how many on here are blind to the improvements in league one and two football in the last ten years. I excuse you if you’re under twenty five.

Until around 2010, it seemed to me all lower league clubs played 4-4-2, with the back line rarely under 6’2” and beefy with it. A pass out of defence was a rare event, route one was the tactic of choice, and any dilly-dallying at the back led to grumbles from the crowd. We remember the slick passing of the Shilton team because that was such a rare event In the third tier in those times.

I can think of three matches this season where the quality of our football, technically and tactically, matched anything in the Championship of fifteen years ago.

Add to this the improvements in playing surfaces, coaching skills with the quality of RL’s team as an example, and it’s no surprise we can’t just walk out of this league against inferior opposition. We older folk need to recognise how much it’s all changed, and for the better.