Sarcevic and the stretcher. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sarcevic and the stretcher.

R

Rob_of_the_Greens

I agree with the OP. I think using the Wycombe example clouded people's responses.

Instead of thinking about Wycombe, and their elaborate histrionics, just think about any other opposition who we think of as neither fish nor foul. I think the reaction (assumption?) would have been that they were trying to get out of a booking by feigning injury.

Knowing Sarcevic, I don't doubt for a second that he was actually hurt. I don't think that sort of behaviour is in his DNA. But had that been player X from Coventry or Shrewsbury or Gillingham or whomever, I think they might well have been jeered for their actions.

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
Rob_of_the_Greens":31x7cudp said:
I agree with the OP. I think using the Wycombe example clouded people's responses.

Instead of thinking about Wycombe, and their elaborate histrionics, just think about any other opposition who we think of as neither fish nor foul. I think the reaction (assumption?) would have been that they were trying to get out of a booking by feigning injury.

Knowing Sarcevic, I don't doubt for a second that he was actually hurt. I don't think that sort of behaviour is in his DNA. But had that been player X from Coventry or Shrewsbury or Gillingham or whomever, I think they might well have been jeered for their actions.

Thatā€™s football, just accept it. The home fans will always give the opposition stick right up to the point heā€™s carried off on a stretcher with his next in a brace (Stevenage, wasnā€™t it??) then a hearty standing ovation from all corners of the ground as the poor prostrate player makes his way to hospital.

Itā€™s a ridiculous post suggesting that home fans would get on the backs of their own players on the same manner as they do opposing teams. Too many snowflakes around here getting all offended by total nonsense!

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Yes but it was the first half and both teams were pressing. Why on earth would we want to feign injury at that stage and waste time?

Chalk and cheese.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
PMPilgrim":291zwo80 said:
Andy_S":291zwo80 said:
PMPilgrim":291zwo80 said:
Ok. Iā€™ll try again.
Iā€™m not saying he wasnā€™t initially hurt.
Iā€™m not saying he didnā€™t play through pain for the rest of the match.
Iā€™m not having a go at my own players.
Iā€™m simply suggesting the crowd reaction would have been different for an away player in exactly the same scenario....especially one from Wycombe.

Suggestion - when you are in a hole and itā€™s deep...stop digging!

My God youā€™re thick.

Given the same incident for an away team the crowd reaction would be different. I donā€™t think Sarcevic was cheating so, theoretically the same ā€œinjuryā€ could happen to an away player.

I was simply highlighting how partisan crowds can be...clearly too subtle for you lot.

Next time Iā€™ll get some crayons and draw you pictures.

Lighten up Sweet Pea!

At no time did I make any comment about your original post...get that bit ok?

YOU are the one that keeps bringing it up and, for reasons best known only to yourself, you are making post after post attempting to justify your OP. You made your original point...fine...it's your opinion. Let it go!

So when you next decide to start throwing the playthings out of the perambulator, try aiming it at the right people!

Blotty

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 8, 2015
CALLINGTON
To their credit, a large proportion of the Pompey fans applauded Sarcevic off the pitch. I guess their sympathy soon wore off when he came back on!

Oct 31, 2015
I really thought he had done some muscle damage along with everyone around me.

It really looked terminal and by the way he went down he thought so as well. I suspect he felt a pull in the normal area and feared the worse.

Full respect to the Pompey fans they clapped him off thinking it was bad.

I was just glad to see him come back on knowing the injuries he gets and finish the game.

Oct 16, 2016
I think he opened his knee joint and quite rightly scared himself. In those situations you donā€™t know, initially, whether itā€™s a knock or something more sinister until you move it.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Sarce clearly played a blinder. He's one booking off a two-match suspension. The ref was marching over and it would have been a definite yellow. Sarce then went into Hollywood mode really well, to the point that the stretcher was coming on etc.

It went on long enough to save him a yellow. Then he trotted back on nicely.

All part of the game innit.

Sep 7, 2006
The Grumpy Loyal":1k4ltrn9 said:
Sarce clearly played a blinder. He's one booking off a two-match suspension. The ref was marching over and it would have been a definite yellow. Sarce then went into Hollywood mode really well, to the point that the stretcher was coming on etc.

I hadn't thought of that! I'm not so sure though - I was watching on Ifollow, and if you're right, it was an incredible performance. He was flailing around on the ground as if he knew he'd done something serious, and was skipping and hopping around for a good five minutes after he got back on.

Jul 13, 2006
Raul 1":cwalr0n8 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":cwalr0n8 said:

I hadn't thought of that! I'm not so sure though - I was watching on Ifollow, and if you're right, it was an incredible performance. He was flailing around on the ground as if he knew he'd done something serious, and was skipping and hopping around for a good five minutes after he got back on.

Hollywood could soon be calling!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
The Grumpy Loyal":2iik1cjx said:

Don't believe that for a second. Firstly, because I don't think it would have been a booking, but also the reaction of pain looked absolutely genuine. He also hobbled for the rest of the half pretty much.

Jan 6, 2007
Don't care really! I had a couple of pre game refreshments in the Brit and needed a pee, it gave me the perfect opportunity to pop down to the toilet. Sarce seems fine and hopefully he has no reaction to the injury and is available next week.

Oct 31, 2015
The Grumpy Loyal":2adyag1z said:

No not this time.

The pain was plain to see in the Demport. Even the Pompey player he went in with was concerned. Sarcs was genuinely worried.

It wasn't even a foul so why a booking FFS.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
PMPilgrim":1o6amk6l said:
Andy_S":1o6amk6l said:
Andy_S":1o6amk6l said:
Ok. Iā€™ll try again.
Iā€™m not saying he wasnā€™t initially hurt.
Iā€™m not saying he didnā€™t play through pain for the rest of the match.
Iā€™m not having a go at my own players.
Iā€™m simply suggesting the crowd reaction would have been different for an away player in exactly the same scenario....especially one from Wycombe.

Suggestion - when you are in a hole and itā€™s deep...stop digging!

My God youā€™re thick.

Given the same incident for an away team the crowd reaction would be different. I donā€™t think Sarcevic was cheating so, theoretically the same ā€œinjuryā€ could happen to an away player.

I was simply highlighting how partisan crowds can be...clearly too subtle for you lot.

Next time Iā€™ll get some crayons and draw you pictures.

Lighten up Sweet Pea!

At no time did I make any comment about your original post...get that bit ok?

YOU are the one that keeps bringing it up and, for reasons best known only to yourself, you are making post after post attempting to justify your OP. You made your original point...fine...it's your opinion. Let it go!

So when you next decide to start throwing the playthings out of the perambulator, try aiming it at the right people!

Please stop. This is too subtle for you. You canā€™t run with the big brains. Youā€™re just going to embarrass yourself.

"Run with the big brains", I sincerely hope you're not including yourself in that run considering the fact that you can't even pinpoint who's actually arguing with you :facepalm: