Season is over. | Page 37 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season is over.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'll openly warn you now matey as you obviously don't take a warning seriously.

Please try to stop engineering almost every post towards a political one.

Thank you.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
themightykeithfear":2waiy9x0 said:
Planned for levels above prime ministers, !? Sounds like a Barnard Castle to me. And organising their parking spaces doesn’t really qualify you to advise on a pandemic, especially as your advice seems to be take it on the chin doomsters and gloomsters.

Ha - truly, you really don’t know what you’re talking about. I know the key role I played in 35 years service pal. (Well perhaps not all of it). Don’t need to justify myself to you, that IS for sure.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Devongreenowl":1svo3wsl said:
IJN":1svo3wsl said:

Thank you.

Sorry - who are you addressing?

The poster above my warning, not you.

But the phrase used a few seconds ago 'Back on topic' says it all.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":3feplmru said:
Devongreenowl":3feplmru said:
IJN":3feplmru said:

Thank you.

Sorry - who are you addressing?

The poster above my warning, not you.

But the phrase used a few seconds ago 'Back on topic' says it all.

Totally accept that IJN, but if it’s not BG it’s KF.

Jul 6, 2005
cheshiregreen":2vnoj07e said:
Meanwhile back on topic :roll:

Macc back in the dock

Macclesfield Town: EFL brings further misconduct charges against League Two club -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52880611
I don't hold any brief for Stevenage in particular, but neither do I dislike them because of Graham Westley, as appears to be the case with some people.

However, there might be an element of poetic justice or perhaps more appropriately, what goes around comes around.

Many years ago, Torquay were rock bottom and odds on for relegation to the Conference, where Stevenage were the clear leaders. Back then, your ground had to be passed suitable for the Football League by the end of January.

Unfortunately for Stevenage, their ground upgrading work didn't finish until about April, so they were somewhat harshly denied the chance to replace Torquay in the Football League.

It could now be the case that Stevenage preserve their Football League status due to a technicality or the misfortune of others.

Macclesfield have been a shambles this season with regard to the ownership and how they have been run and whilst I have every sympathy for their small group of loyal supporters, it may be best if they are docked more points and relegated from the Football League before they 'do a Bury' and drop out at short notice.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Devongreenowl":2sj1iu08 said:
Agree with D..Dave’s comments. If their owner behaves like a non league owner, that’s perhaps where his club belongs.

Actually, that’s probably a bit disrespectful to the many good non league owners, before anybody points it out! :whistle:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As most of you know I have had the privilege of attending most of the Boardrooms around the country for about six years.

I have been amazed by how many clubs have Chairmen and Board Members that are delighted to survive in the league from season to season.

One club in particular who are in the play offs mentioned on more than one occasion that they are delighted when they are in the 3rd tier as it means that whatever happens ‘next season’ they can’t go out of the league.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
cheshiregreen":3cbdwgyj said:

Macc back in the dock

Macclesfield Town: EFL brings further misconduct charges against League Two club -

I think this is the move by the EFL to relegate Macclesfield instead of Stevenage. A points deduction of four points or more will put them bottom and after the EFL vote next week that is likely to include relegation then it's Macclesfield who will drop out of the EFL.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2kng9yzf said:
cheshiregreen":2kng9yzf said:

Macc back in the dock

I think this is the move by the EFL to relegate Macclesfield instead of Stevenage. A points deduction of four points or more will put them bottom and after the EFL vote next week that is likely to include relegation then it's Macclesfield who will drop out of the EFL.

Would the average points be calculated on what they’ve achieved on the pitch before points deduction. If so, their average will be higher than Stevenage, so would that gain enough to reprieve them?

Oct 5, 2013
PL2 3DQ":2t7ped74 said:
cheshiregreen":2t7ped74 said:

Macc back in the dock

I agree, this is what I think too. We’ll see.

If so, it would be justified IMO, because you just can’t have a club not fulfilling its fixtures. Case in point is Argyle’s away match v Macc: to have it cancelled the day before when we were already halfway up the road, to lose all that week’s preparation when we were on a roll and sure to win, and then eventually play the match when we were less in form and only get a draw, to make us prepare twice for the same opposition and then probably lose two points - all of this is unacceptable, it has upset the fairness of the whole league season, and they need to go. Sorry for their supporters, but you just can’t have this sort of thing in professional football.