Season is over. | Page 38 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season is over.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
philevs":qkhacgxf said:
PL2 3DQ":qkhacgxf said:
cheshiregreen":qkhacgxf said:
Meanwhile back on topic :roll:

Macc back in the dock

Macclesfield Town: EFL brings further misconduct charges against League Two club -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52880611

I think this is the move by the EFL to relegate Macclesfield instead of Stevenage. A points deduction of four points or more will put them bottom and after the EFL vote next week that is likely to include relegation then it's Macclesfield who will drop out of the EFL.

I agree, this is what I think too. We’ll see.

If so, it would be justified IMO, because you just can’t have a club not fulfilling its fixtures. Case in point is Argyle’s away match v Macc: to have it cancelled the day before when we were already halfway up the road, to lose all that week’s preparation when we were on a roll and sure to win, and then eventually play the match when we were less in form and only get a draw, to make us prepare twice for the same opposition and then probably lose two points - all of this is unacceptable, it has upset the fairness of the whole league season, and they need to go. Sorry for their supporters, but you just can’t have this sort of thing in professional football.

I don't think the points deduction had anything to do with the fact that Argyle had prepared for the game and consequently made an unnecessary journey. If that were the case then a points deduction would be due to Argyle for the Grimsby postponement. It was far deeper than the inconvenience suffered by Argyle and the GA.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
But the real conundrum here will be how long it takes for a punishment to be announced. Past record on these things is poor.

Out of fairness to both clubs and National League, a punishment should be confirmed as close to the June 8th announcement as possible.

BlueinPL20

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Oct 14, 2016
Can anyone advise what was the average Green Army attendance at away games this season please

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
BlueinPL20":6g6yo3tc said:
Can anyone advise what was the average Green Army attendance at away games this season please

1,038, the highest in League Two.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lundan Cabbie":2c707cny said:
philevs":2c707cny said:
PL2 3DQ":2c707cny said:
cheshiregreen":2c707cny said:

Macc back in the dock

Macclesfield Town: EFL brings further misconduct charges against League Two club -

I think this is the move by the EFL to relegate Macclesfield instead of Stevenage. A points deduction of four points or more will put them bottom and after the EFL vote next week that is likely to include relegation then it's Macclesfield who will drop out of the EFL.

If so, it would be justified IMO, because you just can’t have a club not fulfilling its fixtures. Case in point is Argyle’s away match v Macc: to have it cancelled the day before when we were already halfway up the road, to lose all that week’s preparation when we were on a roll and sure to win, and then eventually play the match when we were less in form and only get a draw, to make us prepare twice for the same opposition and then probably lose two points - all of this is unacceptable, it has upset the fairness of the whole league season, and they need to go. Sorry for their supporters, but you just can’t have this sort of thing in professional football.

I don't think the points deduction had anything to do with the fact that Argyle had prepared for the game and consequently made an unnecessary journey. If that were the case then a points deduction would be due to Argyle for the Grimsby postponement. It was far deeper than the inconvenience suffered by Argyle and the GA.
Do you seriously believe that we should have been penalised for the postponement of the Grimsby game?
I really struggle with your logic.
You rarely, if ever, post anything that suggests that you are an Argyle supporter. We know that we are not your first club but do you have any allegiance to Argyle?

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":2myrvvyw said:
Lundan Cabbie":2myrvvyw said:
philevs":2myrvvyw said:
PL2 3DQ":2myrvvyw said:
cheshiregreen":2myrvvyw said:

Macc back in the dock

Do you seriously believe that we should have been penalised for the postponement of the Grimsby game?
You rarely, if ever, post anything that suggests that you are an Argyle supporter. We know that we are not your first club but do you have any allegiance to Argyle?

I think he likes to wind us up. Suggesting we should be penalised because of the weather is bonkers.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":pylq8ima said:
davie nine":pylq8ima said:
Lundan Cabbie":pylq8ima said:
philevs":pylq8ima said:
PL2 3DQ":pylq8ima said:
cheshiregreen":pylq8ima said:

Macc back in the dock

I think he likes to wind us up. Suggesting we should be penalised because of the weather is bonkers.
I think you've both misunderstood his post. He's not suggesting that at all.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":18b68y36 said:
Lundan Cabbie":18b68y36 said:
philevs":18b68y36 said:
PL2 3DQ":18b68y36 said:
cheshiregreen":18b68y36 said:

Macc back in the dock

Of course that’s not what I am saying. I am saying that the circumstances behind the Macclesfield postponement were more than just calling off a game at short notice and that the EFL do NOT deduct points simply because a club inconveniences another and their supporters.

As for the other issue, everyone on here should know by now that Argyle are my local club and are a team who I follow closely. I am not from Plymouth, I just moved here 15 years ago when I retired from the London Fire Brigade. I have a season ticket elsewhere which means I don’t go to HP unless my lot are playing on a different day. I’m not one who believes in “second clubs” because despite my affection for Argyle there is never the same joy or pain but the football fan in me loves the footy fix I can get on my doorstep.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
WoodsyGreen":37a2mgg2 said:
Is there a 'Plymouth Cabbie' on the Palace forum? Just curious.

No Devonian could be THAT irritating!

Oh hang on...

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lundan Cabbie":35cmpvc7 said:
davie nine":35cmpvc7 said:
Lundan Cabbie":35cmpvc7 said:
philevs":35cmpvc7 said:
PL2 3DQ":35cmpvc7 said:
cheshiregreen":35cmpvc7 said:

Macc back in the dock

Of course that’s not what I am saying. I am saying that the circumstances behind the Macclesfield postponement were more than just calling off a game at short notice and that the EFL do NOT deduct points simply because a club inconveniences another and their supporters.

As for the other issue, everyone on here should know by now that Argyle are my local club and are a team who I follow closely. I am not from Plymouth, I just moved here 15 years ago when I retired from the London Fire Brigade. I have a season ticket elsewhere which means I don’t go to HP unless my lot are playing on a different day. I’m not one who believes in “second clubs” because despite my affection for Argyle there is never the same joy or pain but the football fan in me loves the footy fix I can get on my doorstep.
Thanks for clarifying that.
It does appear that when we Argyle supporters are being optimistic you seem to enjoy ‘stifling our enthusiasm’.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":1wdlp79j said:
So, do you post with a different perspective on the Palace fans’ forum?

Good question. I just post where I see fit. Palace forums seem to have more idiot posters than on here and it's easier to just roll your eyes and ignore them.

For instance, ten years ago this week the club were in administration and went 8 minutes past the deadline for the club to be liquidated yet three years later promotion to the PL was secured and they are still there but there are a sizable bunch of fans who want the board out and claim they do nothing positive for the club.