Seven restaurants at Home Park after redevelopment complete | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Seven restaurants at Home Park after redevelopment complete

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stayed there many a time. Horrible Holiday Inn though. The female receptionists all call you ‘mate’. Far too Cockernee for me.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
IJN":3uhle54m said:
Stayed there many a time. Horrible Holiday Inn though. The female receptionists all call you ‘mate’. Far too Cockernee for me.

I'll stop calling you 'mate' if you stop calling me 'buddy'. Not many true Cockneys these days as the sound of Bow Bells can barely be heard above the traffic noise.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ham Green":obidn0y5 said:
Sorry to add another negative voice to this thread, but this idea is bizarre in the light of Prezzo, Cafe Rouge, Jamie Oliver and Carluccio's all closing many of their branches.

I cannot see how this will work. Just google "uk restaurant chains going under" and you'll see what a bad idea this is. The industry is clearly facing a crisis.

Some are going under, some are thriving. All for various different reasons. The idea that casual dining as a sector is struggling means that this specific casual dining outlet will struggle is completely wrong. And we don't know yet what these outlets even are, so any judgment now is equally as misguided.

I'll bet you can barely get a table at any of these places before and after an Argyle home game, and the rest of the week will see a steady stream of hotel users, gym users, office workers, Argyle staff, dog walkers, ice skaters, swimmers, bowlers etc etc etc etc etc.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I suspect that the moaners have no kids, no grandkids or as an alternative, no life!

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Andy_S":2pvgb6cc said:
I suspect that the moaners have no kids, no grandkids or as an alternative, no life!
Why try and insult people who have different opinions to yours?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Old Gunner":10gogc6b said:
IJN":10gogc6b said:

I'll stop calling you 'mate' if you stop calling me 'buddy'. Not many true Cockneys these days as the sound of Bow Bells can barely be heard above the traffic noise.

Ok buddy that's a deal.

:scarf:

Mar 21, 2013
My 2 cents worth are that quite a few individuals are basing their ‘fact it won’t work’ (& this applies to must discussions like these) on the the fact that they just don’t like or would use these types of facilities, completely ignoring the fact that there will be many other individuals who would, the idea that a cup of tea in a plastic cup & a pasty is all you need at a football match. Many people in Plymouth & up & down the country would argue that football is a pretty pointless pastime but hopefully they’ll be grown up enough to accept that people enjoy different things & would not let their dislike of something cloud their judgement. You hear the same arguments for most developments, people who have absolutely no interest in the cinema or eating out already moaning about the bretonside complex based only on that THEY don’t go out much?! Sorry but there’s plenty of people away from the forums, outside people, that will use these facilities.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Don't_Panic":2b0l85uo said:
My 2 cents worth are that quite a few individuals are basing their ‘fact it won’t work’ (& this applies to must discussions like these) on the the fact that they just don’t like or would use these types of facilities, completely ignoring the fact that there will be many other individuals who would, the idea that a cup of tea in a plastic cup & a pasty is all you need at a football match. Many people in Plymouth & up & down the country would argue that football is a pretty pointless pastime but hopefully they’ll be grown up enough to accept that people enjoy different things & would not let their dislike of something cloud their judgement. You hear the same arguments for most developments, people who have absolutely no interest in the cinema or eating out already moaning about the bretonside complex based only on that THEY don’t go out much?! Sorry but there’s plenty of people away from the forums, outside people, that will use these facilities.

Perfectly summed up.