Seven restaurants at Home Park after redevelopment complete | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Seven restaurants at Home Park after redevelopment complete

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
As this area is being developed into a Sports Hub with loads already visiting the Life Centre every week, more will be attracted to the Ice Rink and hotel let alone coming to Argyle and visiting Central Park in general. These restaurants could be very successful.

Mar 21, 2013
Mork":2it6d138 said:
Don't_Panic":2it6d138 said:
My 2 cents worth are that quite a few individuals are basing their ‘fact it won’t work’ (& this applies to must discussions like these) on the the fact that they just don’t like or would use these types of facilities, completely ignoring the fact that there will be many other individuals who would, the idea that a cup of tea in a plastic cup & a pasty is all you need at a football match. Many people in Plymouth & up & down the country would argue that football is a pretty pointless pastime but hopefully they’ll be grown up enough to accept that people enjoy different things & would not let their dislike of something cloud their judgement. You hear the same arguments for most developments, people who have absolutely no interest in the cinema or eating out already moaning about the bretonside complex based only on that THEY don’t go out much?! Sorry but there’s plenty of people away from the forums, outside people, that will use these facilities.
I think you may be missing the point, it’s the individual businesses that need convincing that people in enough numbers are going to use them. Otherwise they will not invest & the development doesn’t go ahead. Clearly, judging by the previous scheme they were not convinced. Is there anything different in this scheme that suggests to you that they will invest?

There’s no missing the point here, my opinion & my opinion alone is that there is indeed enough footfall there for it to be a success for these facilities. The decision lies with the companies interested in this development & they will know a lot more then any of us whether it’s viable or not. What I won’t do is make an assumption almost as fact that it won’t be a success or won’t happen.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
I did say ‘may’ be missing the point. We agree to disagree, I think it’s not viable, you think otherwise. We’ll know who’s right in due course.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
That I agree with, nice to disagree without it always having to turn nasty.[/quote]
Absolutely, life’s too short to be nasty!

N

NorfolkGreen

Is Brent still in the hotel business, is the new one going to be one of his?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
davie nine":1zx1bzby said:
There are 11 Brend hotels in Devon and Cornwall. Is that what you are thinking about?

Davie,, I think you will find the Brend Hotels are nothing to do with James Brent, they are a long standing, successful, family company.

James hotel interests have contracted to the 4 that make up Suite Hospitality Limited, very nice they look as well. Suite was previously Akkeron Hospitality Limited.

I suspect, the proposed hotel in Central Park will be of the Travelodge type, particularly in view of the "restaurants" proposed for underneath the letting rooms.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
NorfolkGreen":1z9dmi0w said:
The one planned for HHP

I would very much doubt it.

Does it really matter though? It has bugger all to do with PAFC, apart from the fact that fans attending the game from afar will have a place to stay now.

Good thing I would have thought.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
tonycholwell":3ejfyptf said:
davie nine":3ejfyptf said:
There are 11 Brend hotels in Devon and Cornwall. Is that what you are thinking about?

Davie,, I think you will find the Brend Hotels are nothing to do with James Brent, they are a long standing, successful, family company.

James hotel interests have contracted to the 4 that make up Suite Hospitality Limited, very nice they look as well. Suite was previously Akkeron Hospitality Limited.

I suspect, the proposed hotel in Central Park will be of the Travelodge type, particularly in view of the "restaurants" proposed for underneath the letting rooms.
I was merely suggesting to Norfolk Green that he may have got Brent confused with Brend.

Oct 24, 2010
Shouldn't this thread be on "Terraces", it's nothing to do with the football club