Snippets from tonights PACSA meeting | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Snippets from tonights PACSA meeting

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Justin":3m1xuu73 said:
Klaidi Lolos perhaps?

Who might the other be?

Anyone seen Scott Crocker play... Mark Matthews?

I don’t think Mark Matthews will be up to much. He’s an avid smoker apparently.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
IJN":296ft1l8 said:
Justin":296ft1l8 said:
Klaidi Lolos perhaps?

Who might the other be?

Anyone seen Scott Crocker play... Mark Matthews?

I don’t think Mark Matthews will be up to much. He’s an avid smoker apparently.

So was John Matthews...

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Very well attended meeting.

Adding to the Twitter snippets. Away travel will be different this season. Leaving at 10am and training at Bristol City or Aston Villa on the way to arrive at around 6pm rather than training then doing the journey as one.

Have agreed a deal today for another player.

Players who did not get much of a look in last season will get a chance to prove themselves.

The two 17 year olds referred to will probably feature in the next two games as will the trial list keeper. Michael Cooper is rated highly but another keeper will definitely be brought in.

Will play 3-5-2 with very much an attacking emphasis whilst ‘keeping the back door closed’.

In summary, the unity and purpose of the manager CEO and Chairman was remarkable unmatched in my experience. Candid, honest, open but above all positive. Initially, it was intended that they’d be questioned for about 75 minutes and after two hours they will still going. A thoroughly uplifting experience to behold.

Mar 8, 2016
buck197":2qt80m2o said:
So why shouldn’t RT get 20 goals this season? Freddie got 19 last season in a poor team in a division higher. Would you prefer the manager to say RT is crap and couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo!!!

I’m not doubting Ryan Taylor’s ability at league two level, he just won’t play enough games to score 20 goals.

Jul 12, 2016
Deacster":1r85vivm said:
Love his positivity, hoping it will prove to be a self fulfilling proficy. He's trying to inject confidence and after years of being talked down and being told we are punching above our weight, it's great to hear.
Agreed.It's bound to have an affect on the team. :thumbup:

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Graham Clark":1rnmhxji said:
Away travel will be different this season. Leaving at 10am and training at Bristol City or Aston Villa on the way to arrive at around 6pm rather than training then doing the journey as one.
Love the sound of Lowe putting his stamp of increased professionalism with things like this. Hopefully this attention to detail will permeate its way right the way through the club.

It was Clive Woodwood I think who called out these small 0.1% increases in professionalism. Nothing on their own, but add them all together and it makes the difference between winning and not come the end of the season.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Graham Clark":1x4ndrdn said:
Very well attended meeting.

Adding to the Twitter snippets. Away travel will be different this season. Leaving at 10am and training at Bristol City or Aston Villa on the way to arrive at around 6pm rather than training then doing the journey as one.

Have agreed a deal today for another player.

Players who did not get much of a look in last season will get a chance to prove themselves.

The two 17 year olds referred to will probably feature in the next two games as will the trial list keeper. Michael Cooper is rated highly but another keeper will definitely be brought in.

Will play 3-5-2 with very much an attacking emphasis whilst ‘keeping the back door closed’.

In summary, the unity and purpose of the manager CEO and Chairman was remarkable unmatched in my experience. Candid, honest, open but above all positive. Initially, it was intended that they’d be questioned for about 75 minutes and after two hours they will still going. A thoroughly uplifting experience to behold.
Thank you for your detailed report. I am particularly interested in the snippet about training en route. Although for a spell the away record under Adams was very good, I do think that over the years the long distances travelled must have had a debilitating affect on the players energy levels. Many years ago Argyle appointed a manager called Vic Buckingham (March 1961). He ordered the few players who had a car not to use them to come to training as "sitting in a car causes a build up of lactic acid in the legs." Cue centre forward Alex Jackson "Is that right boss? So what you are going to do about Sunderland away next season - we'll be two days sat on a f******g charabanc."

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Don't think I've ever been more excited for the start of a season!

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of it – I’m just as excited as anybody TBH and it is really is soooo nice after years of dour managerial utterances – but such positivity is not without its downside. There is a real risk that expectations become unrealistically inflated and if we’re not blowing teams away in our first few games I can see a negative backlash. If we’ve only got say 4 or 5 points after our first half-a-dozen games I can almost hear the sneers now about how 3-5-2 is naive and "he’s been worked out” and mocking references to Taylor being a 20-goal striker and appalling defence and why are we throwing kids into games when we’re supposed to have a decent budget etc. etc…….

I just wonder if it might be time to start pointing out that we are undergoing a rebuild and a change of style that will need time to settle. Yes, we aim to get off to a flyer – but don’t EXPECT it.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
gaspargomez":13063pbh said:
Mayor is better than Carey? I will need to be convinced.

Yes that is roughly how it works.

A journey back in time:

Aye, aye, aye-aye, Banks is better than Yashin,
Mayor is better than Eusebio, and Truro are in for a thrashin'

Aye, aye, aye-aye, Mayor is better than Carey,
Lameiras, Fox, Edwards and Fred Ladapo
Our first team is looking quite scarey! :scarf:

Ave_IT":rmpdddep said:
I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of it – I’m just as excited as anybody TBH and it is really is soooo nice after years of dour managerial utterances – but such positivity is not without its downside. There is a real risk that expectations become unrealistically inflated and if we’re not blowing teams away in our first few games I can see a negative backlash. If we’ve only got say 4 or 5 points after our first half-a-dozen games I can almost hear the sneers now about how 3-5-2 is naive and "he’s been worked out” and mocking references to Taylor being a 20-goal striker and appalling defence and why are we throwing kids into games when we’re supposed to have a decent budget etc. etc…….

I just wonder if it might be time to start pointing out that we are undergoing a rebuild and a change of style that will need time to settle. Yes, we aim to get off to a flyer – but don’t EXPECT it.

Lot of sense here. I won’t be surprised if we drop points early on by conceding silly goals through our new formation. However we fans are a funny lot, and I suspect we’ll be more forgiving when losing after having had a right go at the opposition, rather than some of the lame defeats we became used to last year. I only saw Bury once last season, when they beat Excretia away in February. City really dominated possession, yet every time Bury broke they looked really dangerous, getting numbers upfield incredibly fast. I’ll be delighted if we match that team.

Oct 31, 2015
Ave_IT":3pzkaic3 said:
I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of it – I’m just as excited as anybody TBH and it is really is soooo nice after years of dour managerial utterances – but such positivity is not without its downside. There is a real risk that expectations become unrealistically inflated and if we’re not blowing teams away in our first few games I can see a negative backlash. If we’ve only got say 4 or 5 points after our first half-a-dozen games I can almost hear the sneers now about how 3-5-2 is naive and "he’s been worked out” and mocking references to Taylor being a 20-goal striker

After the last 2 X seasons I would take 4 or 5 points from the first 6 games. Progress :funny: