Snippets from tonights PACSA meeting | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Snippets from tonights PACSA meeting

Jul 12, 2016
memory man":1xhat7dn said:
Graham Clark":1xhat7dn said:
Very well attended meeting.

Adding to the Twitter snippets. Away travel will be different this season. Leaving at 10am and training at Bristol City or Aston Villa on the way to arrive at around 6pm rather than training then doing the journey as one.

Have agreed a deal today for another player.

Players who did not get much of a look in last season will get a chance to prove themselves.

The two 17 year olds referred to will probably feature in the next two games as will the trial list keeper. Michael Cooper is rated highly but another keeper will definitely be brought in.

Will play 3-5-2 with very much an attacking emphasis whilst ‘keeping the back door closed’.

In summary, the unity and purpose of the manager CEO and Chairman was remarkable unmatched in my experience. Candid, honest, open but above all positive. Initially, it was intended that they’d be questioned for about 75 minutes and after two hours they will still going. A thoroughly uplifting experience to behold.
Thank you for your detailed report. I am particularly interested in the snippet about training en route. Although for a spell the away record under Adams was very good, I do think that over the years the long distances travelled must have had a debilitating affect on the players energy levels. Many years ago Argyle appointed a manager called Vic Buckingham (March 1961). He ordered the few players who had a car not to use them to come to training as "sitting in a car causes a build up of lactic acid in the legs." Cue centre forward Alex Jackson "Is that right boss? So what you are going to do about Sunderland away next season - we'll be two days sat on a f******g charabanc."
"Have agreed a deal today for another player"
No announcement yet?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
oldage":2lztiivy said:
memory man":2lztiivy said:
Graham Clark":2lztiivy said:

Adding to the Twitter snippets. Away travel will be different this season. Leaving at 10am and training at Bristol City or Aston Villa on the way to arrive at around 6pm rather than training then doing the journey as one.

Players who did not get much of a look in last season will get a chance to prove themselves.

The two 17 year olds referred to will probably feature in the next two games as will the trial list keeper. Michael Cooper is rated highly but another keeper will definitely be brought in.

Will play 3-5-2 with very much an attacking emphasis whilst ‘keeping the back door closed’.

In summary, the unity and purpose of the manager CEO and Chairman was remarkable unmatched in my experience. Candid, honest, open but above all positive. Initially, it was intended that they’d be questioned for about 75 minutes and after two hours they will still going. A thoroughly uplifting experience to behold.
Thank you for your detailed report. I am particularly interested in the snippet about training en route. Although for a spell the away record under Adams was very good, I do think that over the years the long distances travelled must have had a debilitating affect on the players energy levels. Many years ago Argyle appointed a manager called Vic Buckingham (March 1961). He ordered the few players who had a car not to use them to come to training as "sitting in a car causes a build up of lactic acid in the legs." Cue centre forward Alex Jackson "Is that right boss? So what you are going to do about Sunderland away next season - we'll be two days sat on a f******g charabanc."
"Have agreed a deal today for another player"
No announcement yet?
We know that deals aren’t always publicised straight away.

Patience

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Ave_IT":1g43xfbp said:
I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of it – I’m just as excited as anybody TBH and it is really is soooo nice after years of dour managerial utterances – but such positivity is not without its downside. There is a real risk that expectations become unrealistically inflated and if we’re not blowing teams away in our first few games I can see a negative backlash. If we’ve only got say 4 or 5 points after our first half-a-dozen games I can almost hear the sneers now about how 3-5-2 is naive and "he’s been worked out” and mocking references to Taylor being a 20-goal striker and appalling defence and why are we throwing kids into games when we’re supposed to have a decent budget etc. etc…….

I just wonder if it might be time to start pointing out that we are undergoing a rebuild and a change of style that will need time to settle. Yes, we aim to get off to a flyer – but don’t EXPECT it.

Spot on Ave_IT. The positivity and unity coming out of Home Park is very much to be welcomed, but it feels like they're on the verge of overdoing it. Let's back it up with early results/performances and get the project underway.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Exeter drew 0-0 with Truro City. They are not going to roll over in a friendly just to massage Argyles burgeoning confidence, and in any case, it is not in their team manager's personality to allow his team be non-competitive.

Aug 29, 2014
rsp4":8cryp6k5 said:
Ave_IT":8cryp6k5 said:
I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of it – I’m just as excited as anybody TBH and it is really is soooo nice after years of dour managerial utterances – but such positivity is not without its downside. There is a real risk that expectations become unrealistically inflated and if we’re not blowing teams away in our first few games I can see a negative backlash. If we’ve only got say 4 or 5 points after our first half-a-dozen games I can almost hear the sneers now about how 3-5-2 is naive and "he’s been worked out” and mocking references to Taylor being a 20-goal striker

After the last 2 X seasons I would take 4 or 5 points from the first 6 games. Progress :funny:
Brilliant . :clap:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
I like that his comments regarding Taylor are consistent with what he said on Fletcher, namely that out and out attackers need to be getting goals.

Will make it easier to show Taylor the door once he in likelihood can't deliver on that. Because it'll look like Taylor's fault. Harsh but fair.

Jan 27, 2012
Taylor is a damn good player at this level, although I don’t see him as a goal scorer- more of a player who sets up others.

Lowe is very open and talkative, which is good, but I do wonder if he has a tendency to make unguarded comments which he might later regret saying ?

Mar 14, 2009
gaspargomez":1740nvv4 said:
Taylor is a damn good player at this level, although I don’t see him as a goal scorer- more of a player who sets up others.

Lowe is very open and talkative, which is good, but I do wonder if he has a tendency to make unguarded comments which he might later regret saying ?

Well didn't people love Holloway before he left? Of course they did. Why, because he spoke in the same positive vain. The only reason it turned sour is not because of what he said (which sometimes was complete BS but we loved it) but because of the way he left after making us believe in him.

Any great Argyle positive phrase/quote the fans lap it up. Remember what Adams said about Argyle after beating Exeter at SJP. "Devon is now Green & White" (or something along those lines). The fans loved him for that.

Its all about the sound bites these days.

Personally, for me it makes me smile but its insignificant. Its all verbal football propaganda. Klopp is a master of it. Yet the reason it works for him is he backs it up with fantastic football. Holloway backed up his words with avery good style of football. Now Lowe will eventually (after at least 18 months) have to do the same.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Some thought on all of this...

The last time there was such a buzz about the club was when DA got appointed...

Cant wait to see Taylor score 4 goals a game.

Despite what they say to us I do feel we have recruitment difficulties as an ongoing issue at Home Park.

When SH says we are in with a shout of the play offs based on our budget, I do think our budget must be substantial. He cant really say "based on our budget we should achieve promotion" as that puts RL under tremenduous pressure. So he wouldn't say it, but obviously feels comfortable putting his head above the parapet and mentioning playoff expectations.

Personally I will settle for a transition season with a top half finish. I will be at the Crewe game, and I wont be surprised if we get a tonking. I've always thought we should do a sweepstake for when pre season optimism officially dies...based around what minute our keeper is picking the ball out of the back of the net. Its a sort of horrible annual ritual.

I think the travel plans sound sensible.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
memory man":3cmuopz6 said:
Graham Clark":3cmuopz6 said:

Great anecdote there, Memory man.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Army green":3nj5ayz2 said:
He’s saying all the right things and fans are lapping it up as it’s polar opposite to what we are use to with Derek, but I just don’t feel confident with the current squad as it is right now. Oh and Ryan Taylor won’t get 20 goals, not a flipping chance.

Yeah, for me he's throwing out lots of ott stuff, this and the mayor is better than Carey+Ruben...I hope we all get to agree but just feel he should wind it in a little.

Very exciting though.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Ave_IT":ntpf2qad said:
I’m not trying to be contrary for the sake of it – I’m just as excited as anybody TBH and it is really is soooo nice after years of dour managerial utterances – but such positivity is not without its downside. There is a real risk that expectations become unrealistically inflated and if we’re not blowing teams away in our first few games I can see a negative backlash. If we’ve only got say 4 or 5 points after our first half-a-dozen games I can almost hear the sneers now about how 3-5-2 is naive and "he’s been worked out” and mocking references to Taylor being a 20-goal striker and appalling defence and why are we throwing kids into games when we’re supposed to have a decent budget etc. etc…….

I just wonder if it might be time to start pointing out that we are undergoing a rebuild and a change of style that will need time to settle. Yes, we aim to get off to a flyer – but don’t EXPECT it.

Agree completely