Songo'o | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Songo'o

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":183f20om said:
Balham_Green":183f20om said:
X Isle":183f20om said:
Bow my head my ars*, I stand by every word, sorry to disappoint.

Where does he get his plaudits VoR... defensive midfield. He's a very capable defensive midfielder, Mr. 100%, no problems there from me. He still makes mistakes there mind, it's just in his nature I guess, but with four defenders and a keeper between him and the goal line it doesn't hurt us. Take the four defenders away though and he becomes an error prone trapeze artist without a safety net.

DA must shoulder some responsibility for putting him in there, it's not as if his calamitous streak suddenly started at Fleetwood is it :facepalm:

No thanks to Gary Sawyer rsp? He may have his limitations but he is a) a defender and b) left footed... Songo'o is NEITHER. Damn right Harrison knew it, exploit the weak link, it's just what Charlton's forwards will do next week too...and everyone to come who scouts our games.

It is VERY simple, if you put round pegs in round holes you stand more chance of making a structure leak proof. Derek surprises me with this selection, forced I know because of Sonny, because he has otherwise been very good in his time with us in putting the right pegs in the right holes.

Look, we got away with it today, great. But let that not mask the glaringly obvious achilles heel we have unnecessarily saddled ourselves with by putting a right footed defensive midfielder in a left footed central defensive position. We have a better option, not perfect but definitely better.

Shows how clueless you are to suggest he was at fault at Fleetwood. When he was TOLD to leave a cross.
A player with the spatial awareness that comes with experience in his given position doth not need to be 'kin told, he knows it instinctively.

Shows your lack of understanding of the game. Even supposed to have eyes in the back of his head. If you played the game you would know that you would react automatically to a call from a colleague with a better view. Admittedly though he isn't Beckenbauer.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I just don't buy this he cant play centre back. Did you not watch any games between Oct-Dec?

It maybe he doesn't suit playing left sided, added to that I thought Sawyer did very little to help him yesterday. If we go to Carlton next week and we have to defend for large periods, I will be delighted to see him in the side, because he defends as well, if not better than any of our own players.

Just to add XIsle when anyone else challenges DA's wisdom, you tend to turn to condescending mode, any reason its now ok for you to take to it?

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
I have never rated him, always had a mistake in him. He made an error against Fleetwood (sorry, if the ball is going to your zonal area of the box, you put your head or your laces through it) and he made at least 5 glaring mistakes against Rovers. Granted, he also made 3 blocks and won the ball in tricky situations a few times, but that was his job. He has poor acceleration, and cannot change direction freely. Opposing strikers know exactly how to run at him, and it is a concern that Charlton scouts will be on to this. I didn't boo him, and I cheered when he made those blocks, but didn't I sigh when he ballsed up. Derek needs to pit his arm around him and manage him through until Sonny is back

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Would it be too simple a solution for Songo’o and Vyner to swap positions?
Still hope Sonny is fit for Saturday though.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think Sonny will be back soon.

If he was out for the season then I’d expect another out and out CB in on a short contract to cover.

Tugboat":1rejjota said:
I think Sonny will be back soon.

If he was out for the season then I’d expect another out and out CB in on a short contract to cover.
Bradley has said he will be back on the training pitch on Monday, so expect to see him back in the starting lineup against Charlton.

I wasn’t at the game yesterday so can’t comment on Songo’o’s performance, but there is no denying he will do everything in his power to defend for the team and block a shot at goal.

Watching the highlights, the mistake for their second goal was not dissimilar from the Walsall game, in which he got outmuscled by Oztumer. Perhaps something the coaching team can pick up on and rectify?

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Why not play Vyner, a more cultured player, on the left and Yann on the right side where he would be more at home. Might get x isle off his back at least!

H

handbags blake

lilcol":2g795knb said:
Why not play Vyner, a more cultured player, on the left and Yann on the right side where he would be more at home. Might get x isle off his back at least!
This is exactly pood I was thinking yesterday but I do not know how good vyner is with his left,although Yann did struggle yesterday the effort he put in was immense and if it wad not for him putting himself on the line we could have easily lost the game. I do prefer him in a ddgensive midfield role but with our injuries situation I think we should just say well done Yann and well done argyle

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
handbags blake":2gna1hla said:
lilcol":2gna1hla said:
This is exactly pood I was thinking yesterday but I do not know how good vyner is with his left,although Yann did struggle yesterday the effort he put in was immense and if it wad not for him putting himself on the line we could have easily lost the game. I do prefer him in a ddgensive midfield role but with our injuries situation I think we should just say well done Yann and well done argyle

Do you not think that DA would have sussed pre-match as to how best to line up the CBs such that they tackle and kick left/right?

H

handbags blake

That is what I said concerning how good is zak with his left,Adams knows and I do not.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I'd have Sawyer CB and ATS at left back if Bradley is out. Sawyer is a leader & a good reader of the game, think he'd be a decent makeshift centre back. It'd leave us a bit short on muscle but Vyner & Sawyer are smart defenders & I think they could compensate.

Jul 29, 2010
Whilst agreeing Cobi, as a point of order he wouldn't be a makeshift centre back, that's his first position.