Starting XI | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Starting XI

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
PlymouthCasual":1lp2cxio said:
GK - Cooper*
RCB - Aimson
CB - Canavan*
LCB - Sawyer
RWB - Smith-Brown
LWB - C. Grant
CM - Edwards
CM - Sarcevic*
CAM - Mayor
CF - Taylor*
CF - Fletcher*

* - Fighting for position or expecting to be replaced in my opinion.

I think that's quite an accurate synopsis you have made there. I'd also put an asterisk next to Smith-Brown as RWB.

May 26, 2015
We need 2 or 3 new strikers, but the defensive part of the squad remains bloated and needs trimming down.

New strikers that would please me are Caolan Lavery, Jermaine Beckford and Dom Telford - all I think still with Bury?

Jun 27, 2019
Nobby":2jpgrmus said:
Ave_IT":2jpgrmus said:
Sarcevic is certainly an enigma. If he gets properly fit and loses some timber I think we will have some player on our hands.

Biggest myth ever that Sarcevic is overweight/out of shape. Go look at the pictures of him from the boxing session, he’s absolutely shredded.

Whether it's a myth or not, what can't really be disputed is the length of time it takes him to get back up to speed after an injury or suspension. You can basically write him off for two or three games while he recovers match fitness. Why that is, I don't know, but it's a recurring pattern with him.

That said, he'll be a big player for us in League Two. Him, Mayor and Edwards makes midfield the strongest area of our team at present - on paper at least. If we can get the same calibre of player in other areas then we'll be there or thereabouts.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
A fit Taylor could be awesome up top with a new player coming in with him. People have forgotten 2 seasons ago. I highly rate him

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
GK - Not yet at the club
RCB - Aimson
CB - Wootton
LCB - Sawyer
RWB - Riley
LWB - C. Grant
CM - Edwards
CM - Not yet at the club
CAM - Mayor
CF - J Grant
CF - Not yet at the club

I have a feeling Wootton will come good this season, a fresh start under a new manager in a lower league may see him shine.

For me Sarcevic was the biggest culprit for downing tools towards the end of last season, the flipside is that he owes us and may improve on his one good game from five. He has a point to prove but at the moment he wouldn't be in my team.

I reckon Lowe still has to sign three first team starters - keeper, central midfielder and striker.
I don't think Taylor will suit Lowe's energetic attacking style.

Jan 27, 2012
I'm hoping that Ryan Taylor can shine this year. He is a good quality footballer and better than League Two standard. The question is over his injury situation. If he is fully recovered and gets a proper pre-season and match pratcice he could be a star in this division. He'll never score very many, but he's great at setting up goals for others. I think any team in League Two will benefit from a strong player that holds the ball up and distributes it. So I think that Taylor may well be in Lowe's plans despite his lack of pace and the expected change in tactics.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i would start with these men;
GK - mike cooper,for me he is premier league bound
RCB - Aimson
CB - Wootton
LCB - Sawyer
RWB - Riley
LWB - C. Grant
CM - Edwards
CM - ashley smith brown
CAM - Mayor
CF - J Grant
CF - alex fletcher

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steve Evans":1zx7c4ze said:
RCB - Aimson
CB - Wootton
LCB - Sawyer
RWB - Riley
LWB - C. Grant
CM - Edwards
CM - ashley smith brown
CAM - Mayor
CF - J Grant
CF - alex fletcher
:thumbdown:

Jun 27, 2019
Monster Green":3lr1d7gj said:
A fit Taylor could be awesome up top with a new player coming in with him. People have forgotten 2 seasons ago. I highly rate him

Agreed. I can remember the almost bereaved reaction on here when we lost Taylor for the League One playoff chase. He was instrumental to that team, though that was as a lone frontman. Whether he'll be as effective in a two remains to be seen.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
need to get strikers in who know where the back of the net is...Taylor and Fletcher will see us heading into non league...

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Steve Evans":1md1tat6 said:
RCB - Aimson
CB - Wootton
LCB - Sawyer
RWB - Riley
LWB - C. Grant
CM - Edwards
CM - ashley smith brown
CAM - Mayor
CF - J Grant
CF - alex fletcher

No Canavan? (But Wootton in?)?
No Sarcevic (But ASB in midfield?) ?
No Taylor (But Alex Fletcher starting with Grant?)?

League 2 and Canavan, Sarcevic & Taylor don't make the cut? :think:

Jan 27, 2012
Micky Evans didn’t score many and he wasn’t too bad! Taylor plays the same role as Evans in my opinion.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
GK - Not yet at the club
RCB - Aimson
CB - Not yet at the club
LCB - Canavan
RWB - Riley
LWB - Smith-Brown
CM - Edwards
CM - C Grant
CAM - Mayor
CF - J Grant
CF - Not yet at club

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Mark Pedlar":1xwc1j9l said:
GK - Not yet at the club
RCB - Aimson
CB - Not yet at the club
LCB - Canavan
RWB - Riley
LWB - Smith-Brown
CM - Edwards
CM - C Grant
CAM - Mayor
CF - J Grant
CF - Not yet at club

I think this is close.

Only one I’m not sure about is J Grant. Think he may be more off the bench.

C

Cult Of Personality

Dont think Taylor will suit Lowe's style due to lack of mobilty. He wants his striker to move the defence around not pin them down like Taylor will do